next soccer question

Other Sports.
noosh

Re: next soccer question

Post by noosh »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:48 pm KC faces Independiente, down 2-1 in aggregate, in the quarters of CONCACAF Champions league Thursday night in Kansas City.

They may have the only chance out of the MLS to make it to the semis at this point.
MLS still a trash ass league. The apologists will say that CONCASEXXXY CL is unfair to us as it's the beginning of the season while the LigaMX and other teams are halfway through their respective Clausuras, but that's just weak ass American excusism at it's finest. MLS fucking blows donkey balls.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:48 pm KC faces Independiente, down 2-1 in aggregate, in the quarters of CONCACAF Champions league Thursday night in Kansas City.

They may have the only chance out of the MLS to make it to the semis at this point.
I think they got a good chance. That field they were on was such shit in Panama. The home team was used to it, KC was not. And I think Vermes will get top guys out there Thursday. Instead of having 9 new guys out there, even Melia didn't play that game.

Wiz win 3-1 to move on.

I really like their top line of Gerso, Nementh and Russell. Russell and Gerso cause problems out wide and Nemeth is a guy that can finish in the middle.

Just need to work on Sinovic and Zusi. Just don't think they cut it as starting fullbacks.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we won 1-0 that would put us through no?
2-2 tie in aggregate but we have an away goal?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:22 am If we won 1-0 that would put us through no?
2-2 tie in aggregate but we have an away goal?
It would. That away goal was huge. Always is as we saw last year in the playoffs.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

shindig

Post by shindig »

I would attend more Sporting games (I've only been to 2), if the stadium wasn't out in the middle of a cornfield. That stadium should have been built in either the west bottoms or along Berkley Riverfront park.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

You’d go more if you found value in he product. Royals sold tickets when good, Chiefs sell out when good, JoCo drives to Lawrence to watch KU every other Monday through the winter.

KC area stadium location issues are past tired.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

shindig wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:47 am I would attend more Sporting games (I've only been to 2), if the stadium wasn't out in the middle of a cornfield. That stadium should have been built in either the west bottoms or along Berkley Riverfront park.
What a piss poor reason to not attend games.

shindig

Post by shindig »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:24 am
shindig wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:47 am I would attend more Sporting games (I've only been to 2), if the stadium wasn't out in the middle of a cornfield. That stadium should have been built in either the west bottoms or along Berkley Riverfront park.
What a piss poor reason to not attend games.
Not really, I hate driving out there to the dotte. I know a lot of people that would attend more games if it wasn't so far flung from everything else. Stupid location. St. Louis is planning an MLS stadioum just east of their Union Station...makes sense. Close proximity to other attractions, can ride the metro, etc.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I like the location because:
A. It's in Kansas so some $$ can stay in a much better state
B. It's in Kansas so it's closer to Lawrence and I drive in from Lawrence
C. Missouri sucks
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 amKC area stadium location issues are past tired.
It's already heating back up. Except this time, there will be actual movement--that's coming from downtown developer connections.

At that point, I think Arrowhead will have a slightly uncomfortable but firm decision to stay out at Truman instead of moving to Village West. That's going to free them up to make a smaller Cordish development out at Truman.

But, I also don't find any big issues with Sporting Park location. Sure, the Legends sucks ass to hang out in compared to many parts of the metro, but it sure as hell beats whatever is currently at Truman.
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:05 pm
Gqcolorado wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 amKC area stadium location issues are past tired.
It's already heating back up. Except this time, there will be actual movement--that's coming from downtown developer connections.

At that point, I think Arrowhead will have a slightly uncomfortable but firm decision to stay out at Truman instead of moving to Village West. That's going to free them up to make a smaller Cordish development out at Truman.

But, I also don't find any big issues with Sporting Park location. Sure, the Legends sucks ass to hang out in compared to many parts of the metro, but it sure as hell beats whatever is currently at Truman.
Is this inside info you have? Royals move to downtown would be awesome. Keep Arrowhead where it is and build up around it. Do you think the Chiefs would consider Village West? A new NFL stadium would easily cost $1.5B. I doubt Missouri would let their only NFL team move to Kansas.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

shindig wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:10 amIs this inside info you have? Royals move to downtown would be awesome. Keep Arrowhead where it is and build up around it. Do you think the Chiefs would consider Village West? A new NFL stadium would easily cost $1.5B. I doubt Missouri would let their only NFL team move to Kansas.
Comes from powerful downtown developers. Things are farther than the media know, or can report, to the point that I'd be very surprised if the Royals are still at Truman in 2031.

I absolutely think the Chiefs would consider Village West, only because it's the NFL and they consider everything that will make them (more) money. Personally, I can't see them turning their back on the state and think they'll stay put. A full Cordish development is probably too ambitious given the lack of population in that area, but temporary villages a la the Super Bowl can be done if Kauffman is razed.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think it's more likely that there's no Kansas City Royals in 2045 than it is that the Royals are playing at the Complex. (I think the odds are something like 96% "downtown," 2.5% relocate 1.5% Truman).

Chiefs are a different story; there would be a metro-wide (and perhaps-violent) conflict if the Chiefs openly threatened to move across state lines.

I would also personally hope that anyone whose tax dollars would be spent on a new home for the Chiefs (and related development) would scream and shout and picket and protest and lobby and sue.

STOP SPENDING PUBLIC MONEY ON STADIUMS.
shindig

Post by shindig »

Yeah I agree with jfish. Unless Glass puts a ton of his own money into a new ballpark downtown (which I don't see happening), I can't see voters approve spending public dollars on a new ballpark when the majority of fans love the K just where it is and the fact each team was given $225m in public funds for renovations just a decade ago.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

shindig wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:18 pm Yeah I agree with jfish. Unless Glass puts a ton of his own money into a new ballpark downtown (which I don't see happening), I can't see voters approve spending public dollars on a new ballpark when the majority of fans love the K just where it is and the fact each team was given $225m in public funds for renovations just a decade ago.
Well, I agree that public money should not be spent and should never be spent on stadiums.

I don't buy that a majority of fans love the location now and certainly don't buy that a majority of the fans would love the location as compared to downtown. Also, the stadium renovations will be 23 years old when the lease ends in 2030.

The Royals will have to step up, and they are even publicly exploring the idea.
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:22 pm
shindig wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:18 pm Yeah I agree with jfish. Unless Glass puts a ton of his own money into a new ballpark downtown (which I don't see happening), I can't see voters approve spending public dollars on a new ballpark when the majority of fans love the K just where it is and the fact each team was given $225m in public funds for renovations just a decade ago.
Well, I agree that public money should not be spent and should never be spent on stadiums.

I don't buy that a majority of fans love the location now and certainly don't buy that a majority of the fans would love the location as compared to downtown. Also, the stadium renovations will be 23 years old when the lease ends in 2030.

The Royals will have to step up, and they are even publicly exploring the idea.
Oh I hear you. I was just going off comments on the Star a few weeks ago when that article came out that the Royals were "exploring" downtown for a new stadium. I think 90% of the comments were negative towards a downtown stadium. But as we know, the naysayers are usually the most vocal.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:20 am

Wiz win 3-1 to move on.
Well it was a thorough ass-kicking tonight. 3-0 win. 75% possession. Really good to see. I really like the forwards and midfielders on this team.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/03/ ... anding-ccl

Wiz last MLS team standing - face the Tigres in the semis.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Nah fam. They got Monterrey.

They advanced 3-1 agg against Atl.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

They must have changed the bracket from here in the last 2 hours:

https://www.concacafchampionsleague.com ... am=bracket

I blame Vega.