Contributor

Re: THE Golf Thread

Post by TDub »

Woodland 8 under thru 17 today. Not to shabby
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Was a heck of a storm that rolled through. Chicago Air & Water show is delayed. Crap Sunday!

noosh

Post by noosh »

Notice how bitchtits the only one who cried about the hotel situation. Tons of guys were staying there yet only one guys needed to make excuses. Reminds me how he ratted out Billy Walters to save his ass too from Feds. This guy will end up in hell.
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

Moral of the story.....

Get the fuck off the course when there is a storm (with lightning) in the area?
Thankfully it looks like all the victims are relatively ok.

https://sports.yahoo.com/pga-tour-fedex ... 28120.html
Deleted User 286

Post by Deleted User 286 »

The skins event in Japan early this morning with Day Rory Tiger and Hideki was awesome.

Not awesome golf, but so cool to see those 3 interact with each other (I say 3 because language barrier made the Hideki interaction more simple, but still cool). Hideki had the biggest smile on his face and got great support from the crowd.

Hopefully they do more of these. I thought this was far superior to the Tiger Phil match that was PPV.
noosh

Post by noosh »

Hell yeah, the Jap Skins game SHIP going back to Ohio where it belongs thanks to Columbus resident JDay!

Side note: the amount of money they played for was laughable. I hope each of these guys got 2M+ just for showing up because 10-20k per hole is chump change for these cats. Total purse was like 400k lol
Deleted User 286

Unless they're putting up their own money (which they aren't) then the amount each skin is worth is relatively meaningless. I thought the different wrinkles were kind of cool. Day hit an insanely impressive greenside bunker shot with a 6 iron on the hole where they could only use 1 club.

Tiger didn't look too bad for just coming off knee surgery, but I think he'll struggle this week in the big event.

I really hope Day gets back to being a top player. He's such a cool guy.
Deleted User 286

Well well well....what do we have here...Tiger starts bogey bogey bogey and then fires off 9 birdies over the next 15 holes....tied for the lead with Woodland....won't be much golf today (round 2) most likely due to weather.
Deleted User 286

Woodland chasing Tiger. They're going to have a long day together today (tonight for us). Going to be an exciting atmosphere with Tiger in the lead and Hideki in 3rd. Playing 3somes, so those last 2 groupings will have enormous crowds.
Last edited by Deleted User 286 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 286

I know you guys are as pumped as me about these last 36 holes right?

The chase for #82 is on!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Thanks for the heads-up!

Tuned in just in time to see Woodland lip one out from about 4' on 1.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 286

Feral wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:54 pm Thanks for the heads-up!

Tuned in just in time to see Woodland lip one out from about 4' on 1.
If Gary could putt he'd be in the lead by 6. He missed so many chances in rounds 2 and 3. It's unbelievable how well he's striking the ball. Always comes down to the flat stick for Gary. The weeks where it's hot he's always going to have a chance to win....the weeks where it's cold he racks up the top 10s but makes it hard on himself to win.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Presidents Cup is pretty interesting.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Been a fun few days.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Pete Dye
R.I.P.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 295

Post by Deleted User 295 »

Geezer wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:02 pm Pete Dye
R.I.P.
One of the best. Had the privilege of playing his course at Barefoot Resort hundreds of times during my time living in Myrtle Beach. It's an absolute gem.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas