THE Golf Thread

Other Sports.
Deleted User 75

Re: THE Golf Thread

Post by Deleted User 75 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 am US wins 16-12. Too many studs on the US team. Europe has 3-4 just amazing players, especially in Ryder Cup play. But the US has about 10.
So much for Europe only having 3 or 4 good Ryder Cup players.

Rory, Sergio, rose, stenson, fleetwood, and molinari all playing well this weekend...the only weak link on Europe is Olesen and he's only played one match. Hatton is super underrated, especially on a course like this. And this course sets up perfectly for Paul Casey.

From the USA pretty much only Jordan and JT have played well. Some of others have played "okay" but not up to their potential.

Reed is not the same guy he was earlier in the year, and certainly not what he was in the last 2 Ryder cups.

Course doesn't set up well for some of our big dogs because it neutralizes their distance advantage....big hole to climb out of tomorrow... going to take a miracle.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Gotta make putts
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:19 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:52 am US wins 16-12. Too many studs on the US team. Europe has 3-4 just amazing players, especially in Ryder Cup play. But the US has about 10.
So much for Europe only having 3 or 4 good Ryder Cup players.

Rory, Sergio, rose, stenson, fleetwood, and molinari all playing well this weekend...the only weak link on Europe is Olesen and he's only played one match. Hatton is super underrated, especially on a course like this. And this course sets up perfectly for Paul Casey.

From the USA pretty much only Jordan and JT have played well. Some of others have played "okay" but not up to their potential.

Reed is not the same guy he was earlier in the year, and certainly not what he was in the last 2 Ryder cups.

Course doesn't set up well for some of our big dogs because it neutralizes their distance advantage....big hole to climb out of tomorrow... going to take a miracle.
🤷‍♂️
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

6:05 a.m. ET: Rory McIlroy vs. Justin Thomas

6:17 a.m.: Paul Casey vs. Brooks Koepka

6:29 a.m.: Justin Rose vs. Webb Simpson

6:41 a.m.: Jon Rahm vs. Tiger Woods

6:53 a.m.: Tommy Fleetwood, Tony Finau

7:05 a.m.: Ian Poulter vs. Dustin Johnson

7:17 a.m.: Thorbjorn Olesen vs. Jordan Spieth

7:29 a.m.: Sergio Garcia vs. Rickie Fowler

7:41 a.m.: Francesco Molinari vs. Phil Mickelson

7:53 a.m.: Tyrrell Hatton vs. Patrick Reed

8:05 a.m.: Henrik Stenson vs. Bubb Watson

8:17 a.m.: Alex Noren vs. Bryson DeChambeau
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Predictons for singles:

JT
Casey
Rose
Tiger
Fleetwood
DJ
Jordan
Draw (rickie/Sergio)
Molinari
Hatton
Stenson
Noren

Bloodbath.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Ole! Ole! Ole!
Deleted User 75

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:26 am Predictons for singles:

JT
Casey
Rose
Tiger
Fleetwood
DJ
Jordan
Draw (rickie/Sergio)
Molinari
Hatton
Stenson
Noren

Bloodbath.
Right
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Wrong
Right
Wrong
Right
Right

LOL
Deleted User 75

"Reed 'blindsided' by not being paired with Spieth "

https://es.pn/2RbHS66

I can't fucking stand Reed. What a selfish tone. That selfishness and need for our team to stroke egos is exactly why we lost.

Phils ego had to be stroked day 1 so they threw him out in 4somes even though they knew it would likely be a point for europe.

Reed "needing" speith so that he can play better is laughable. Jordan played extremely well with JT. Reed wouldn't have broken 80 playing his own ball on Saturday and he thinks he should have played more?.....reed, bubba, Phil, and webb probably should have played LESS!

FUCK Patrick reed.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Webb played pretty well.
Deleted User 75

Geezer wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:34 pm Webb played pretty well.
Oh definitely, I agree 100%...and that wasn't meant as a shot at him. He's been playing well, and that course fits his skill set....but he didn't need to play 2 sessions before singles with us down like that...and he shouldn't have been put in the position to play 4somes with bubba. When you have 7 guys like Tiger, DJ, JT, Jordan, Rickie, koepka, and finau you've got to play those guys all 3 or 4 matches if they're healthy enough to go. Especially in Europe where we struggle.
Deleted User 75

Now there is a rumor going around that DJ and Koepka got into a scuffle after the event and had to be separated.

Then also this:
"Spectator struck at Ryder Cup by Brooks Koepka shot loses use of eye"

https://es.pn/2y6tgMH

Sounds like her eyeball exploded. Ouch!

Curious what kind of legal action she'd be looking to take and against who?
pb65stang

Post by pb65stang »

I can't stand Reed either, and it sounds like neither could at least one person on the team. Apparently Reed "begged" to play with Tiger and his whole story about being shocked he's not with Spieth is a lie, according to someone else on the team.

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/248 ... trick-reed
Deleted User 75

I know this isn't what I'd consider "golf season", but Gary is tied for lead in Malaysia. This isn't a super strong field, but it'd be huge for his 2019 fed ex season if he could pick up an early win. 3rd round on TV tonight around 9ish.
Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

Deleted User 75

I highly recommend watching the HBO 24/7 tiger vs Phil.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Just a heads up. Bleacherreports.com showing the live stream without the $20 charge.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I watched the back 9 and the stupid pitch and putt.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Would have preferred some sort of skills challenge as the tiebreaker. Maybe a lag putt, a bunker shot, longest drive, shot out of shallow water, shot out of heavy ruff, something along those lines
Deleted User 75

Cascadia wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:35 pm Would have preferred some sort of skills challenge as the tiebreaker. Maybe a lag putt, a bunker shot, longest drive, shot out of shallow water, shot out of heavy ruff, something along those lines
Agreed.

The ending was stupid. Either play real golf, or do something like you suggested.

All in all it was a boring match, with pretty mediocre golf played by both.

I'm a tiger fan, but the more you put a microphone in his face the more of a nerd he makes himself look like and that really turns me off. He's such a dork. So is Phil.

I'd rather them do this style of thing with some young guns....maybe do some sort of 2v2 match, format it just like a weekend gambling match. Tiger would likely have to be in it because it's tiger, but maybe throw in a guy like Freddie couples who people still love and is entertaining....then a guy like JT or Koepka or Speith.

Tiger and Phil felt (and played out) just like Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Happened a decade too late. Mediocre performance.