chiknbut

Re: Top 5 Sports Movie Scenes

Post by chiknbut »

jhawks99 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 pm Worst sports movie ever: One on One
"All the way up. With a red-hot poker."
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I watched the Draft Day movie with Kevin Kostner the other day and it was pretty good.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Crowd: “Ruu-dy, Ruu-dy, Ruu-dy...”
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Fishing movie review!

Tonight beaverfever and beaverfever’s 19yo girlfriend and I watched “Man Vs.” on Netflix.

It’s like this solo survival scary flick where this dude is surviving and documenting it and this evil something starts fucking with him. Like Man vs. Wild, plus either Blair Witch or Predator, you dunno!

It’s really good acting by the dude, way better than Bear Grylls, plus one scene his wife satellite phones him a nudie vid.

Mostly it’s well-executed phychogical suspense horror. He’s out there by himself, except he realizes more and more he’s not by himself. Who knows what’s fucking with him. He assumes it’s a bear or a wolf, until it starts doing freaky shit like setting primitive traps for him just like he does for rabbits, and also beating him in chess.

The ending is kind of a let down. It’s so open ended - sequel alert! - and the quality psycho suspense ultimately yields to low-rent cgi lulz.

3 stars.

That’s one star for survival suspense, one star for good acting and clever GoPro footage, and one star for his wife’s solid rack.

It looses points for the weak ending, plus not really much about fishing except for this one scene where all these fish in the lake are inexplicably floating around dead.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

If we're going with Wildlife movies in the sports genre, may I heartily recommend "Grizzly Man." Entertainingly odd and grusome.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Outdoors, wildlife?

https://youtu.be/iJ4T9CQA0UM

/End thread
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

^^^^^
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

The original movie, "Buffalo Rider", was wonderfully horrible.

Then, this cool little band from Austin decided to get high, and record a "song-over" bits of the film. It's hilarious.

BTW, saw these guys live a couple of times. They actually really good.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Happy President's Weekend everyone - and good luck getting "Hey, Guy on a Buffalo" out of your heads.
noosh

Post by noosh »

I seriously want to go jizz all over the back of my office door thinking about the whipped cream bikini.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Fishing movie review!

We fired up Netflix looking for something to watch. I suggested Arrested Development, but Beav wanted to watch Deliverance instead.

Starts with a solid jam session between this little hillbilly and some city boy. Then it gets into this canoe trip that should be rad, but end up getting raped by these local creeps. It’s dark, violent, disturbing shit.

1 star.

I briefly considered 2 stars cuz it least has a serviceable bowfishing scene, but then it looses that second star because Burt Reynolds with no mustache, I mean wtf is that?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I'ts been years since I've seen that. No mustache Burt? Say it ain't so.

No stars.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

what is wrong with you guys?

deliverance is classic