Women’s track and field controversy

Other Sports.
kubandalum

Women’s track and field controversy

Post by kubandalum »

Are these parents right that it’s unfair?
https://usatodayhss.com/2018/connecticu ... k-athletes

For some context, compare:
Women’s world records in track and field:
https://www.thoughtco.com/womens-world-records-3259435

U.S. high school boys’ records in track and field:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U ... _and_field
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
pdub
Site Admin

Re: Women’s track and field controversy

Post by pdub »

If I had a daughter who finished 2nd I bet I would think it was unfair.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

If it's coed then make it coed.
Deleted User 75

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:30 am If I had a daughter who finished 2nd I bet I would think it was unfair.
You're a soccer guy....remember the movie ladybugs!?!,
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

pdub wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:30 am If I had a daughter who finished 2nd I bet I would think it was unfair.
That’s the only way, huh?
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, I don't really care about track, so I was just imagining a circumstance where i'd have a stronger stance on the issue.

I can see why people think it's unfair.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

would the situation and perceptions be different if we were talking about chromosomal anomalies?
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:49 am would the situation and perceptions be different if we were talking about chromosomal anomalies?
I don’t understand the question.

For those who think that it’s just a question of hormones, there’s this, stating that the unfair advantages are not limited to hormones, but to differences in physiology:
https://spectator.org/the-testosterone- ... ns-sports/
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

kubandalum wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:31 am
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:49 am would the situation and perceptions be different if we were talking about chromosomal anomalies?
I don’t understand the question.

For those who think that it’s just a question of hormones, there’s this, stating that the unfair advantages are not limited to hormones, but to differences in physiology:
https://spectator.org/the-testosterone- ... ns-sports/
i guess my point was that not all trans-gender people are the same, as far as what's going on in their body/mind

i don't know that i'd say there is an "unfair" advantage. there is an advantage, sure, but there are physiological differences among those that are "men" and "women" in classic sense. so, at what point to those differences become "unfair"?

i don't recall all the facts, but there were similar conversations surrounding Brittany Griner when she was at baylor. and yes, i know Griner isn't trans-gender.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

More power to Griner. If it was unfair for her to compete then it also would have been unfair for Wilt to have competed in high school and college in his day.

You can’t go by just the exceptions. “According to a 2004 study of medical students and their spouses, the average male in his 20s can out-jump 95 percent of females in the same age group.” “...average male...”
https://slate.com/culture/2012/03/britt ... tball.html
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Difficult subject with a lot at play.

One of the more memorable stories that relates to this issue was a story that came out about a year ago in what I believe was Texas:

There is a law/rule that student athletes must compete in the leagues according to the sex that is listed on their birth certificates. The spirit of the rule could very well be genuine, the discussion before the rule was presumably lacking, and the execution, of course, led to problems. A transgender student athlete that identified as male had long taken testosterone injections for reasons personal to him. He wanted to play soccer on the boys team, but hey they have that ironclad birth certificate rule. So he plays against the girls and dominates them. The parents get pissy and now hate the rule. Cuts both ways. Can't please anyone.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I think this is one area where things are going a bit off the rails. I don't think a person born male with male body chemistry should be allowed to compete in girls sports. I don't think a person born female with artificially-male body chemistry should be allowed to compete in girls sports.

I recognize this creates a hole - a person born female with abnormally-but-naturally-male body chemistry competing against females. Them's the breaks (for the other females).
Deleted User 75

If you're born will balls and a dick you play men's sports. Or Trans sports. But not girls sports. Because you're not a girl in the sporting world....makes no difference which bathroom you pee in, who you fuck, or who you marry. Sports that are divided by gender should be divided by gender..not what you identify as.

Otherwise dedric should throw in some titty implants, slap in some hair extensions, and go be the best WNBA player in the history of the world.

Or make all sports coed and then there's no controversy. But then there's also going to be less female participation because in many sports they'd get dominated by male counterparts.

I'd like to see if there is a difference in world record time for various Olympic events in a sport like swimming.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Deleted User 75

I only needed to make it thru 3...

50M freestyle: 21.3 for men. 24.05 for women.

100M freestyle: 47.05 for men. 52.7 for women.

200M freestyle: 1:42.96 for men. 1:53.61 for women.

If you're born with a dick and balls then you should compete against men. Clearly men have an advantage based on world record times.

What a bizarre time we are living in. I should have played women's golf. I'd have been D1 and had a shot at the tour.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Well if your aunt had balls...
noosh

Post by noosh »

They should cut almost all tit sports except gymnastics, tennis, and any other ones where the chicks are not bulldykes.

Just my opinion, I'm cool with other ppl's perspectives.