Royals

Other Sports.
Leawood

Royals

Post by Leawood »

I'm resigned to 100 losses. I like this team.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Royals

Post by jfish26 »

My feelings depend entirely on how we achieve 100 losses. I can't stand the Duda/Owings stuff.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

9 in a row. Not in the good way.
Defense. Rebounds.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Over the last 3 years Royals are 14-44 in April.

Out of it before they even have a chance to be in it.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

I would like to see totally new management. Embarrassing.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Whit 0-6
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:33 am My feelings depend entirely on how we achieve 100 losses. I can't stand the Duda/Owings stuff.
This honestly could be the last year of Yost/Moore tenure. This team is still 2 years away from any sort of contention. Will be an ugly couple of years.

It's insane they let Goodwin go so that Owings can play 2nd and Duda be the last guy off the bench. Gave up 4 years of club control for 2 1-year contracts of players who will likely be released before the season even ends.

The best lineup was Goodwin in RF and Whit at 2nd. Who cares what happened with ST. Goodwin was the best RF of the group with Soler at DH. How they didn't see that, I'll never know.

The bullpen is atrocious. They got even worse than last year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

The front office is certainly not giving much reason to question the "the 2013-2016 run was more luck than front-office-skill" theory.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Very true. I do think there was some skill with the pen they built and that Moose and Hosmer both did well, so some of the high picks did hit.

It's frustrating because I still think Moore and Yost think they are still riding momentum from that run, when in reality, most fans are over it and want something done and in a hurry. Round 1 of the process was tough, the fans won't hang with you as long during a round 2 of the process.

But they also passed over guys like Sale, Lindor and others for Colon. That's not good.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I'm not over the run, but I did think that GMDM and Yost would both be gone by now.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Moore and Yost have to be the most overrated combo in many years
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:19 am Moore and Yost have to be the most overrated combo in many years
I think Yost, generally, has been very good. Some weird stuff here and there, but it's no small feat to be able to both develop and core and then flip the switch to winning high-stakes games.

On Moore...on one hand, the flags flying out in left field speak for themselves. On the other hand...I personally detest the weird God-squadding, and it's clear that failing to pick a path for 2017 set the rebuild back by several years.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I think they're both above average, but I don't know that I'd use the word "good" for either overall.

And, I do believe that is about the range that most Royals fans put them in.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Think about 1987 to 2012. That was soul crushing.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Moore seems to want to make the team draw three thousand a game. Having watched the Kings leave town without spending money, it is always in the back of my mind. This team could be competitive with a few tweaks and a commitment to improving the pen. The 1973-77 Royals were built around some solid but not outstanding players save for Brett and Busby. Keller is the real deal. Whit is outstanding all-around. Supplement the bullpen with young arms and dump the trash. But again, the Owings/Duda stuff is just preparing the way to 110 losses.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I will say this. Although team is not successful, they are fun to watch. Put the ball in play. Have hit tons of triples and a decent amount of homers.

Like that kind of ball compared to strikeouts 2/3 of the time with a homer or 2 sprinkled in.

noosh

Post by noosh »

Any team that got suckered into nostalgically giving Alex Gordon 16M/yr deserves to lose a fuckton of games.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Crazy game today. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Especially when one has the possible intent and strong possibility of injuring someone - and one doesn't.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

He didn’t throw at his head.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

And who the hell pimps a home run like that. In April. In the 4th inning. Between 2 teams that are not doing much.

I'm all for bat flips and celebrations, but situation has to be right. Walk-off, game winning catch, big home run to put team up or tie in the late innings of a meaningful game, etc.

Not what Anderson did. That was just odd. Keller let him know with a fastball to the hip. Now I do think he did it wisely, on a 2-2 count. It wasn't the first pitch.