Bill Cosby

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Bill Cosby

Post by TDub »

Verdict overturned and out of jail. Gross.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Bill Cosby

Post by jhawks99 »

Weird case with an even weirder end.
And yes, gross.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

sad
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

I deplore what he did, but he's also 83, blind, in failing health, and just served two years in Federal prison. His career, legacy, and finances are destroyed. I say let the man live out his last days in peace.

As Howell says in admonishing Percy in Shawshank Redemption, "He's paid what he owed. He's square with the House again." Or, in Cosby's case, he'll be square with the House again sooner than later.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:43 pm I deplore what he did, but he's also 83, blind, in failing health, and just served two years in Federal prison. His career, legacy, and finances are destroyed. I say let the man live out his last days in peace.

As Howell says in admonishing Percy in Shawshank Redemption, "He's paid what he owed. He's square with the House again." Or, in Cosby's case, he'll be square with the House again sooner than later.
This isn't a case of him just being released early because he's old and harmless. His conviction was overturned because he allegedly struck a non-prosecution deal with a previous district attorney more than 15 years ago. He allegedly drugged and raped dozens of women. Two years isn't enough for that despite the fact that him allegedly drugging and raping dozens of women resulted in "his career, legacy, and finances being destroyed".
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Dumbass prosecutors.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

if you’re ok with this, legal snafu aside, i recommend listening to the reactions of his victims to this news
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:51 pm
JKLivin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:43 pm I deplore what he did, but he's also 83, blind, in failing health, and just served two years in Federal prison. His career, legacy, and finances are destroyed. I say let the man live out his last days in peace.

This isn't a case of him just being released early because he's old and harmless. His conviction was overturned because he allegedly struck a non-prosecution deal with a previous district attorney more than 15 years ago. He allegedly drugged and raped dozens of women. Two years isn't enough for that despite the fact that him allegedly drugging and raping dozens of women resulted in "his career, legacy, and finances being destroyed".
I guess it is subjective at the end of the day. How much time is sufficient compensation? My guess is that there is no amount of time that will give those women back what they lost because of him. The real question is when is it enough. I don't pretend to be the final authority on that issue. Just contributing my two cents.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
Overlander
Contributor

Post by Overlander »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:06 pm

I guess it is subjective at the end of the day. How much time is sufficient compensation? My guess is that there is no amount of time that will give those women back what they lost because of him. The real question is when is it enough. I don't pretend to be the final authority on that issue. Just contributing my two cents.
Eye for an eye:
Step 1) William Cosby is knocked out with his cocktail of choice.
Step 2) William Cosby is administered smelling salts seconds before the guy in his ass nuts.

Repeat this for every victim, he can walk free as far as I am concerned.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

He drugged and RAPED 60+ women. You're acting like he got in a bar fight or stole some electronics.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Overlander wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:47 pm

Eye for an eye:
Step 1) William Cosby is knocked out with his cocktail of choice.
Step 2) William Cosby is administered smelling salts seconds before the guy in his ass nuts.

Repeat this for every victim, he can walk free as far as I am concerned.
A veritable Code of Hammurabi.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:26 pm

He drugged and RAPED 60+ women. You're acting like he got in a bar fight or stole some electronics.
Not proposing that at all. Just recognizing that he is a sick, old man.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

So?
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:46 pmSo?
So, I feel sorry for someone who is suffering and I don’t revel in it?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

JKLivin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:05 pm
I can think of 60 other people you could spend your tears on
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:11 pm
JKLivin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:05 pm
I can think of 60 other people you could spend your tears on
I feel bad for everyone involved.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Why would you feel bad for cosby? What has he done to earn anyones sympathy
Just Ledoux it
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:42 pm Why would you feel bad for cosby? What has he done to earn anyones sympathy
He’s a human being, regardless of what he has done.