an even more frightening perspective

Coffee talk.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: an even more frightening perspective

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:44 am if I may ask: is there any advantage to doubting climate change?

"Doubting" isn't the issue. Never has been. That's the label the Left has placed on those who are skeptical of political solutions to a complex scientific problem that most legislators and regulators understand incredibly poorly.
Last edited by DCHawk1 on Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ohh climate change isn’t even worth addressing, cuz it’s actually just another issue of gummint bein stoopid.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:30 pm ohh climate change isn’t even worth addressing, cuz it’s actually just another issue of gummint bein stoopid.
That's dolomite in the mirror.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

There is nothing complex when one lives in an oil state--it's always all about oil. The GOP is now The Trump Party and Trump seems like no more than an agent of Putin. Who needs fossil fuels to be predominant now and forever for his economy to succeed.

There is no complex scientific problem--there is Trump doing Vlad's bidding, to put oil front and center in every economy on the planet.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Interesting stuff. Thanks for sharing!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it’s an interesting, and realistic, take

basically, we’re already fucked...the question now is just how fucked
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:44 am if I may ask: is there any advantage to doubting climate change?

maybe if you're making a killing in oil and gas, and just wanna keep the gravy train going?

if that's not the case, then what? just spiting the libtards?
Why do you think that there has to be some “advantage” to being skeptical about climate change being both manmade and catastrophic? I work in the coin-operated game industry. How do you think that connects to oil companies? Sheesh!

I see the “tipping point” dates after which we’re all screwed keep getting moved back by decades. I see there’s still ice in the Arctic Circle years after it was predicted to be gone. I see the idea is being pushed by people with the same mindset as those who pushed the Population Bomb and Peak Oil (pushing pretty much the same “solutions”), and you try to tell me that I have no cause at all to be skeptical when people with private jets and mega-yachts tell me my carbon footprint is too large?

Speaking of “advantage,” Al Gore is now a billionaire, and the Solyndra folks walked away with a bunch of money that taxpayers will never see again.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 89

how imz of you
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:52 pm how imz of you
Deleted User 62

WTF does NASA know anyway?

https://youtu.be/qHE0n5c6-6g
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Climate change is natural. CO2 is less than half of 1/10 of 1% of the atmosphere. Until the computer models can predict what happened after 2000 with data from before 2000, I’ll remain unconvinced about the amount of human contribution to any change.

MIT researchers recently calculated that the atmosphere would have to reach 152 degrees Fahrenheit before there would be a runaway greenhouse affect.

It was warmer during the heyday of the Roman Empire than it is today. During the Medieval Warm Period it was warmer than it is today, and northern England was a wine producing area like southern France is today. Greenland was settled by farmers from Scandinavia during that period. I’m suppose to be scared of temperatures like that? And if polar bears are threatened by warmer temps, why didn’t go extinct back then?

Why don’t lefties picket the owners the owners of private jets for speeding up global warming? At the U.N. IPCC climate conference in 2007 in Bali, attendees flew in on 147 private jets — so many that the pilots had to fly out to other airports just to find parking spaces. That’s not just simple hypocrisy. That’s flaunting the idea that they won’t have to obey the rules they would impose on the rest of us, and rubbing your noses in it, you peons.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 89

thanks, imz
Deleted User 62

Damn, it didnt take bandalum long to show his teeth.
Deleted User 89

i’ll ask again, as i have before...how do climate scientists, or scientists in general, benefit from human-induced climate change being fact? they aren’t going to make millions because of it

those that are opposed, however, generally stand to make considerable amounts of money by maintaining the status quo
shindig

Post by shindig »

Until China and India quit building coal fired plants at an unprecedented rate, we are all screwed. An international focus on renewable, clean energy is the only way to reduce carbon emissions in the long term.
Deleted User 89

and the US had/has an opportunity to lead...
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:40 amthanks, imz
doubting Thomas
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan