an even more frightening perspective

Coffee talk.
shindig

Re: an even more frightening perspective

Post by shindig »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:18 am and the US had/has an opportunity to lead...
You're right. Under Obama we were, not under the Big Orange Loompa.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

I’ve driven past California’s wind farms many times over the years near Palm Springs, Tehachapi, and Livermore. Usually from 30-50% of the windmills are not turning. That’s far more than one would expect to be down for routine maintenance, and I saw no sign of maintenance crews around any of them. The fact that others were turning meant that the winds were not too high. Since California imports about one-quarter of its daily electricity from other states, wouldn’t they want those windmills to be turning all the time? Isn’t that cheap, renewable energy?
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:53 am i’ll ask again, as i have before...how do climate scientists, or scientists in general, benefit from human-induced climate change being fact? they aren’t going to make millions because of it

those that are opposed, however, generally stand to make considerable amounts of money by maintaining the status quo
Look what happens when they do ANYTHING to upset the left:

Yale professor encircled and shouted down for suggesting that some people were making too big a deal about Halloween costumes:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... tumes.html

Google engineer fired for questioning discrimination, as opposed to women’s choices, being responsible for low percentages of women in software engineering:
https://legalinsurrection.com/2017/08/g ... sity-memo/

European Space Agency scientist who landed spacecraft on asteroid attacked for wearing t-shirt that a woman gave to him:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... women.html
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

kubandalum wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:56 pm I’ve driven past California’s wind farms many times over the years near Palm Springs, Tehachapi, and Livermore. Usually from 30-50% of the windmills are not turning. That’s far more than one would expect to be down for routine maintenance, and I saw no sign of maintenance crews around any of them. The fact that others were turning meant that the winds were not too high. Since California imports about one-quarter of its daily electricity from other states, wouldn’t they want those windmills to be turning all the time? Isn’t that cheap, renewable energy?
Good to know that this is yet another topic being brought up that the poster has no idea what they are talking about
Last edited by Deleted User 62 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 62

That line is over 100' btw
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

That’s exactly like the people who blame manmade CO2 every time there’s a hurricane. How did droughts happen before SUVs?
Deleted User 89

who said they didn’t happen?

it’s frequency and severity that are on the increase
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:52 pm
kubandalum wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:56 pm I’ve driven past California’s wind farms many times over the years near Palm Springs, Tehachapi, and Livermore. Usually from 30-50% of the windmills are not turning. That’s far more than one would expect to be down for routine maintenance, and I saw no sign of maintenance crews around any of them. The fact that others were turning meant that the winds were not too high. Since California imports about one-quarter of its daily electricity from other states, wouldn’t they want those windmills to be turning all the time? Isn’t that cheap, renewable energy?
Good to know that this is yet another topic being brought up that the poster has no idea what they are talking about
I tried googling the topic of windmills not turning, but found nothing explaining the high percentage of them. Perhaps you can provide a link for me. If it’s maintenance, one would expect to see some evidence of people around them.
Deleted User 89

even our military believes the professionals

but go ahead and keep your head buried in the sand
Deleted User 89

kubandalum wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:03 am
I tried googling the topic of windmills not turning, but found nothing explaining the high percentage of them. Perhaps you can provide a link for me. If it’s maintenance, one would expect to see some evidence of people around them.
did you really? because i just googled it and found a number or resources that point to the most obvious, and logical conclusion...that, go figure, the wind isn’t always blowing with the same force, in the same place, or in the same direction

mind...

blown...
Deleted User 62

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:09 am
kubandalum wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:03 am

did you really? because i just googled it and found a number or resources that point to the most obvious, and logical conclusion...that, go figure, the wind isn’t always blowing with the same force, in the same place, or in the same direction

mind...

blown...
That is why we cannot count on the wind.
Deleted User 62

kubandalum wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:58 am
That’s exactly like the people who blame manmade CO2 every time there’s a hurricane. How did droughts happen before SUVs?
Did Illy hand the "dumb" baton off to you at 100m?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

What global warming, it's cold out there today.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

got your snowball?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 pm got your snowball?
still pounding the table Trad? When you gonna get that hybrid/electric vehicle?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:05 pm
Did Illy hand the "dumb" baton off to you at 100m?
twocoach wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:18 pm the vast majority of his content is a condescending putdown that adds nothing to the conversation.
Deleted User 89

dolomite wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:04 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:43 pm got your snowball?
still pounding the table Trad? When you gonna get that hybrid/electric vehicle?
as soon as you quit posting