Weather

Coffee talk.
jfish26
Contributor

Re: Weather

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:55 pm Snow days aren't built into the school schedule?
A certain number of them are. We have exceeded that number.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The pussification of America continues . . .
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:51 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:40 pm
jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:37 pm They cancelled school today in my kids' district here in KC...so here I am at the office, of course.
I thought only people without children did that. All my co-workers with kids are out all the time for school cancellations. It's really the only benefit to having children that appeals to me.
The kids running around (particularly when unable to be kicked out of the dang house) makes working at home tougher, not easier.

The kids also, sadly or hilariously depending on your POV, have no concept that these snow days are biting into their summer. We can tell them this ten times, but they'll still rejoice as if they're getting a free day off.
See, you're doing it wrong. If you don't go in to work, it's a day off. I'd dust off some DVDs and go movie marathon mode.

I assume that's what the people who don't come in to work are doing and that further fuels my notion that I'm better than they are.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I have a friend who is stuck in Milwaukee today for work. Pretty much every business is closed up there.

She's also in an industry where the office closed actually means a day off. Sitting in a hotel with Netflix all day with every meal paid for and no work to do doesn't sound too shabby.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

My daughter is a home health care nurse in Minneapolis. She's running around town all day.
Defense. Rebounds.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:08 pm I have a friend who is stuck in Milwaukee today for work. Pretty much every business is closed up there.

She's also in an industry where the office closed actually means a day off. Sitting in a hotel with Netflix all day with every meal paid for and no work to do doesn't sound too shabby.
It's Milwaukee. I'm pretty sure there's door-to-door beer delivery for this, or any, occasion.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Yes, I'm guessing they deliver all sorts of sins.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I'm not sure you or your friend would want whatever other sins might be delivered in Milwaukee.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Beer delivery is cancelled in much of the Midwest. Beer will freeze on the truck.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:32 pm Beer delivery is cancelled in much of the Midwest. Beer will freeze on the truck.
I wouldn't need much more than what can fit in the backseat of an uber/lyft.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

jfish26 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:31 pm I'm not sure you or your friend would want whatever other sins might be delivered in Milwaukee.
At least you'd stay warm.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Snow now?

Isn't 4 degrees too cold for snow to fall? Where are my scientists at?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 pm My daughter is a home health care nurse in Minneapolis. She's running around town all day.
She's the real MVP. And an everyday hero. Both sets of my grandparents benefitted greatly from people like her before they passed away.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:08 pm I have a friend who is stuck in Milwaukee today for work. Pretty much every business is closed up there.

Trust me, it's not what it's cracked up to be.
Basically exactly what I did/got/had today except it was Chicago and an office.
Less than 10% of our employees showed up to work and tomorrow morning is supposed to be just as bad as today was.
The city was a ghost town. Eerie.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Was McDonalds open?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 183

The one near where I live - no. They are doing renovations.
The one on Chicago Avenue? I assume yes.
I miss the Rock and Roll McDonalds! Always guaranteed entertainment.
Just don't put cheese on a HAMBURGER unless you want all hell to break loose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db1YCn7nZKU

Freaking heat wave here today!
Currently -16 with a -34 windchill.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Gutter wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:38 pm

Trust me, it's not what it's cracked up to be.
Basically exactly what I did/got/had today except it was Chicago and an office.
Less than 10% of our employees showed up to work and tomorrow morning is supposed to be just as bad as today was.
The city was a ghost town. Eerie.
Well, like I said, it would be a lot better if you didn't have to work and could just stay in all day. Throw in the free heat, free food and free booze that a work trip gives you: not the worst Wednesday.
Deleted User 183

No, not the worst Wednesday at all but I found it interesting that we had maybe 10% of our employees in our office on Wednesday and yesterday we had about 75%. It was just as cold yesterday at 7:00/8:00am as it was on Wednesday.
I heard a few people say they had cabin fever and that's why they braved the cold yesterday.
I get it. Sucks being confined inside.

It's 10 degrees above zero outside right now. I'm looking forward to a mile or so walk to work this morning in the balmy weather.
shindig

Post by shindig »

So supposed to be in the 60's in KC this Super Bowl Sunday. :)