More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 75

Re: More evidence that religious threads make you dum

Post by Deleted User 75 »

seahawk wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:17 pm Had a tennis partner who was a flight attendant for 30 years. She said that had we notified them, the flight attendants would have told him to shut up.
Doubt it.

Never heard of a "no talking rule" on airplanes.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Really, Illinois, getting off a plane in a foreign country, perhaps you would like to be tagged as a possible disruptive, unruly passenger when having to pass through Customs, but I doubt that most of us would.

https://www.skybrary.aero/index.php/Unruly_Passengers
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Really, Seahawk, talking = being disruptive/unruly?

Do you know how disgustingly privileged you make yourself sound when you think that you have the right to tell people to be quiet when they're not doing anything wrong?

Why is it that you feel your need for silence take precedent over those individuals right to talk to each other? That's bizarre. What is even more bizarre is you wouldn't have had any issue if they were Islamic discussing their religion. But since they were Christian and you don't agree with their "interpretation" you think you have the right to silence them.

Gross.
Deleted User 75

Did you even read the link you posted? Because your description of what happened doesn't fit their guidance on disruptive and unruly passengers.

Sounds like you let your inner hate for men and Christians influence your actions. Which is disgusting, but not surprising.

And "most of us" would put on headphones or mind our own business and ignore what others are talking about..like fucking adults. Not tell people to shut up because you don't like their religion or their gender.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Settle down.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

;-)
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I would have evangelized right back at him, and spent the flight debating why he’d be better off hailing satan.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:03 am Really, Seahawk, talking = being disruptive/unruly?

Do you know how disgustingly privileged you make yourself sound when you think that you have the right to tell people to be quiet when they're not doing anything wrong?

Why is it that you feel your need for silence take precedent over those individuals right to talk to each other? That's bizarre. What is even more bizarre is you wouldn't have had any issue if they were Islamic discussing their religion. But since they were Christian and you don't agree with their "interpretation" you think you have the right to silence them.

Gross.
Well, of course, being a woman, I was in the wrong about the long night flight. When I got up and went to the bathroom 5 hours into listening to this guy speak in a loud voice, the entire rest of the plane of about 300 passengers was completely dark and only our row and the one behind with the loudmouthed evangelist were lighted.

Can you point to a place that I've said those who are Islamic have more rights than Christians? Because from personal experience I don't like evangelicals, but I don't find fault with people who follow mainstream Christianity.

You were wrong about my friend the former flight attendant and wrong about the rules--so you personally attack me.

When we deplaned in Europe, the guy in line in front of us had all his belongings spread out on the conveyer belt as the young French man and woman agents looked through them. I'd imagine that, despite whatever rules you personally imagine govern international travel, that a passenger who'd been noted as disruptive by the flight attendants might spend some considerable time in line on the ground waiting to be admitted to a different country.
Last edited by seahawk on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Nobody said anything about you being a woman. Stop trying to make yourself a victim.
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:42 am from personal experience I don't like evangelicals
Stop stereotyping and generalizing. Hating people you've never met is disgusting. You sound like a bigot.

Maybe a more appropriate statement would be "I haven't liked the evangelicals I've met, and this is why..."

When you say things like "from personal experience I don't like evangelicals" it makes you sound an awful lot like people who says "from personal experience I don't like Islamic people" or " from personal experience I don't like immigrants".....that's super fucked up. And trying to play the "I'm a victim" card won't excuse your gross behavior and bigoted comments in this thread.

Sara Robinson would be so proud of you. Lulz.
Deleted User 75

You weren't wrong because you were a woman. You were wrong because you thought/think those people have less rights than you and should be quiet because your feelings are more important than theirs. Talking isn't disruptive. Be an adult. Put in headphones. Or mind your business and don't listen.

Yikes indeed.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

"Sounds like you let your inner hate for men..."

Actually, the elderly WWII veteran we were traveling with spoke to the young evangelist before the flight took off, as the young guy had an A&M hat on and my old friend was a proud WWII era Aggie. He asked if the guy was an Aggie and the young man replied "Yes," and then asked if my friend was a Christian, who replied "No." So, I assume that it was to get back at an 85 year old WWII vet that the young man read the Bible aloud for 5 hours in a loud voice.

But, I guess trying to quiet the guy so that an old man could get some sleep on the first day of a long journey certainly demonstrated my "inner hate for men..."

Sorry that I forgot that you're a really silly guy with whom a discussion is not possible.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am "Sounds like you let your inner hate for men..."

Actually, the elderly WWII veteran we were traveling with spoke to the young evangelist before the flight took off, as the young guy had an A&M hat on and my old friend was a proud WWII era Aggie. He asked if the guy was an Aggie and the young man replied "Yes," and then asked if my friend was a Christian, who replied "No." So, I assume that it was to get back at an 85 year old WWII vet that the young man read the Bible aloud for 5 hours in a loud voice.

But, I guess trying to quiet the guy so that an old man could get some sleep on the first day of a long journey certainly demonstrated my "inner hate for men..."
Ahh. The story evolves....now you were quieting them because you wanted to help an elderly man sleep.....sure you were.

Just admit you were wrong. That person had as much right to that space as you. What they were reading/talking about is really none of your fucking business. There is no "you must sleep and be silent on long flights" rule.
Deleted User 75

Grouping together and hating people based on certain characteristics is disgusting....it also says a lot about the type of person you are!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psycho ... hate%3famp

http://oxfordre.com/communication/view/ ... 8613-e-164

I'm glad you've revealed yourself.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Evangelicals will gladly tell you that the rest of the world who are not "Christians" are all going to hell. And Christians are only those who subscribe to whatever evangelicals accept, not the mainstream folks that mistakenly call themselves Christians. I don't like that level of intolerance or the tradition of violent racism that underlies the evangelical churches in the South, where I live.

But, somehow, because I'm a woman, your mindset is that disliking intolerance makes me a "hater."

You are so angry that you were wrong about the rules--but I didn't write or legislate the rules about being disruptive on flights. I'm sure that in 30 years of flying, my flight attendant friend had become quite familiar with the rules--but since she's a woman, you can't admit that she might have been correct, either.

And yes, I've revealed myself as someone who took in an 82 year old WWII veteran and took care of him for the next 8 years until he became so frail he had to go to a nursing home. I admit to revealing myself, but most everyone not you thought that was a kind of good thing.

Now, I really am done with you.
Last edited by seahawk on Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 am
seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:53 am "Sounds like you let your inner hate for men..."

Ahh. The story evolves....now you were quieting them because you wanted to help an elderly man sleep.....sure you were.

Just admit you were wrong. That person had as much right to that space as you. What they were reading/talking about is really none of your fucking business. There is no "you must sleep and be silent on long flights" rule.
Man, you pick the dumbest shit to argue about
And that's coming from me. Sorry, but talking out loud for hours on end while in the close confines of an airplane can be biewed as disruptive, especially in late hours when many are trying to sleep. I absolutely would have asked the person to please read to themselves.

As soon as someone speaks loud enough on a plane that I can hear them clearly, they have chosen to make what they are reading/talking about "my business".
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:42 am

But, somehow, because I'm a woman,
Your constant paranoia relating to misogyny says more about you than any of us. Your need to be the victim due to your gender is bizzare. Nobody mentioned your gender except you. Stop thinking you should be treated differently based on your gender.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:47 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:56 am

Man, you pick the dumbest shit to argue about
And that's coming from me. Sorry, but talking out loud for hours on end while in the close confines of an airplane can be biewed as disruptive, especially in late hours when many are trying to sleep. I absolutely would have asked the person to please read to themselves.

As soon as someone speaks loud enough on a plane that I can hear them clearly, they have chosen to make what they are reading/talking about "my business".
It didn't seem to bother the rest of the airplane who were indicated to be sleeping....airplanes aren't THAT big. She should have closed her fucking ears like an adult....my gut says if that row who was speaking were discusing the contributions of the great Sara Robinson that seahawk wouldn't have told them to shut up.

She literally just said she doesn't like evangelicals.... even as a non religious person, that's a stupid thing to say out loud. Seems she's got a little Trump in her!
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:32 am Slave Bible From The 1800s Omitted Key Passages That Could Incite Rebellion

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/09/67499507 ... -rebellion
The ministers of the era were very careful to omit references in their sermons to parts of the Bible that talked about escaping from bondage and to feature those passages that spoke about good slaves.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Ear plugs and eye mask/covers are sold in nearly every airport and are how ADULTS deal with talking on airplanes if they're trying to sleep. Not telling people to shut up.