Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: Cruises

Post by Deleted User 89 »

saw 311 at the Bottleneck back in the day...jesus, almost 20 years ago
shindig

Post by shindig »

Wifflehead wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:08 pm Yeah I would probably be in the same boat (lol) with you guys if this thing were a "regular" cruise. But this one is a chartered deal, so it's like a music festival on the boat with a bunch of different bands, and 311 plays a few deck shows throughout the trip. So shindig would hate this shit, as its going to be a lot of concert-goer strangers who wanna get wild and interact with each other. As much as I like my down time, I think I would prefer this to being on boat with little to do and a bunch of kids. This one is not kid-friendly, which is right up my alley.
I guess I didn't really read your entire post, but this cruise does sound kind of cool, especially no kids. I wish there was a cruise where Wilco and Son Volt were the headliners, maybe through in Lyle Lovett too. I'd be in on that.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:32 pm saw 311 at the Bottleneck back in the day...jesus, almost 20 years ago
Me too.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:37 am
TraditionKU wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:32 pm saw 311 at the Bottleneck back in the day...jesus, almost 20 years ago
Me too.
awesomeness...P-nut and i passed a j or two
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:55 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:37 am
Me too.
awesomeness...P-nut and i passed a j or two
I just drank like a fish
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

They've been advertising a Southern Rock cruise here. Molly Hatchet, .38 Special, Dickey Betts, etc.

Kinda sounds like fun.
Defense. Rebounds.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

If you want to go out sightseeing but not pay for an excursion, most of the cruise terminals have cabs that are allowed to pick up cruise tourists. Pick one and ask them to take you around and what price they'd charge. Since they've been allowed into the terminal area, they're usually pretty reasonably priced and have some credentials.

You can have a nice trip and they'll likely take you some places you might not get to see otherwise. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law liked cruising so we went with them a few times, always had great times when we found a cabbie to take us around. We were laughing about the cabbie who insisted we stop at the nude beach in Martinique. My SIL and I couldn't leave it quick enough. Yuck.
Don't inject Lysol.