My Son Schmuck's 5 Questions of the Day - 10/13/18

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 57

My Son Schmuck's 5 Questions of the Day - 10/13/18

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Little shit called me this morning at 5:30 and woke me up telling me he wanted me to post his 5 questions of the day. Kid needs a girlfriend so he'll leave me alone.

1) You miraculously found 3 $100 dollar bills on the sidewalk. You have to choose one of the following to do with the $300. Which do you choose?
A) Buy a pair of shoes.
B) Buy groceries.
C) Buy a ticket/s to a sporting event or concert.
D) Take someone out for a nice meal.
E) Treat yourself to a "spa day".
F) Gamble it.
G) Give it to your church.

2) Many years ago on the .com I ridiculed people who live on/near flood plains for being upset when their homes flooded. It was insensitive and people made it known that is was insensitive. I apologize once again. Ok, I am still going to ask, why would anyone choose to live on/near a flood plain if they could live elsewhere?

3) There are a whole lot of hookup websites. Everyone likes to laid - right? That's not the 3rd question so don't answer it. If you are not in a relationship and you are far from being God's gift to women so it's not as simple as looking at a woman and her wanting to have sex with you, you might want to either use a hookup website or get a prostitute. Why would a person choose to pay a prostitute when they could get someone on a "hookup" web site?

4) If you don't know the exact number, estimate how many bills you pay a month.

5) You have to choose one of the following teams to be a fan of and attend at least 10 home games of this team a season for 5 seasons. You are given money to travel modestly and your seats would be rated a 4 on a scale of 1-10. Which team do you choose?
A) Cleveland Cavaliers
B) Chicago White Sox
C) Minnesota Wild
D) Detroit Lions
E) Milwaukee Bucks
F) Cincinnati Reds
G) St. Louis Blues
H) Indianapolis Colts
I) Missouri Tigers Basketball
J) Iowa State Football
K) Wisconsin Hockey
L) Indiana Baseball
Deleted User 89

Re: My Son Schmuck's 5 Questions of the Day - 10/13/18

Post by Deleted User 89 »

1) You miraculously found 3 $100 dollar bills on the sidewalk. You have to choose one of the following to do with the $300. Which do you choose?

D) Take someone out for a nice meal...or something similar

2) Many years ago on the .com I ridiculed people who live on/near flood plains for being upset when their homes flooded. It was insensitive and people made it known that is was insensitive. I apologize once again. Ok, I am still going to ask, why would anyone choose to live on/near a flood plain if they could live elsewhere?

obviously not always the case, but it has been well documented that developers have and will re-map flood plains in order build

also, our thinking about flood plains is based on historical trends, which can be thrown right out the window with the storms we’re having. have to think beyond 50- or even 100-year climate events if we’re really going to be prepared going forward

3) Why would a person choose to pay a prostitute when they could get someone on a "hookup" web site?

no idea, never done it (and likely never will)

how many, or how much? about a dozen

5) You have to choose one of the following teams to be a fan of and attend at least 10 home games of this team a season for 5 seasons. You are given money to travel modestly and your seats would be rated a 4 on a scale of 1-10. Which team do you choose?

G) St. Louis Blues
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1. Groceries
2. No idea. One of the first things i check when looking at a property.
3. No idea. Desperation? Convenience? Guaranteed success rate? No strings or emotional attachments?
4.~$4500?
5. White Sox
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 57

My answers......

1) Spa Day
2) Cost (lower)
3) What's a web site?
4) 16
5) Chicago White Sox

My son's answers...

1) Tickets
2) They aren't bright and/or are risk takers but I'm an idiot so what do I know?
3) No cost
4) 10
5) All the choices suck but I would have to go with the Reds and choose to see them play good opponents and/or the Cubs.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:22 am Little shit called me this morning at 5:30 and woke me up telling me he wanted me to post his 5 questions of the day. Kid needs a girlfriend so he'll leave me alone.

A) Buy a pair of shoes.
B) Buy groceries.
C) Buy a ticket/s to a sporting event or concert.
D) Take someone out for a nice meal.
E) Treat yourself to a "spa day".
F) Gamble it.
G) Give it to your church.

3) There are a whole lot of hookup websites. Everyone likes to laid - right? That's not the 3rd question so don't answer it. If you are not in a relationship and you are far from being God's gift to women so it's not as simple as looking at a woman and her wanting to have sex with you, you might want to either use a hookup website or get a prostitute. Why would a person choose to pay a prostitute when they could get someone on a "hookup" web site?

A) Cleveland Cavaliers
B) Chicago White Sox
C) Minnesota Wild
D) Detroit Lions
E) Milwaukee Bucks
F) Cincinnati Reds
G) St. Louis Blues
H) Indianapolis Colts
I) Missouri Tigers Basketball
J) Iowa State Football
K) Wisconsin Hockey
L) Indiana Baseball
1) I would use it to do something fun with my kids.
2) I think many people choose not to do their homework before they buy. They also assume bad things “won’t happen to me”.
3) I have no interest in having sex with someone outside of a loving, committed relationship. Hookups defeat the whole purpose of sex.
4) 6
5) Baseball and hockey hold no interest for me, and I can’t stand Mizzou, so I’d go with the Colts.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

1. buy groceries or go out to eat
2. flood plain and hurricane zones...I also ask why people not only live there but continue to live there and rebuild when the worst happens.
3. No idea.
4. 7
5. None of those really are attractive but if it was 10 home games then that would mean playoffs for the Colts. It would be fun to see an NFL playoff game.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

1. Groceries
2. Not sure
3. I'd do a hookup site, but no prostitute
4. 7
5. Colts
Deleted User 57

HD - your response to #1 is admirable but was not an option. Your response to #3 is also admirable but I refuse to believe that you have never had sex outside of a "loving, committed relationship" and to me "sex" can be (and often is) different than "making love".

1214 - Your response to #5 is a great one except..... It could mean you would have to attend two pre-season home games and conceivably watch the Colts go 0-8 at home during the regular season.
My theory is that's not so terrible as long as you get to see the Colts play teams you enjoy watching and possibly a game (or two if pre-season counts) against your favorite team.

On a side note, don't forget weather could be a factor (travel could be affected too) in these decisions and being in some of these towns in the fall/winter/spring might not be too enjoyable.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gutter's Mother wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:34 am HD - Your response to #3 is also admirable but I refuse to believe that you have never had sex outside of a "loving, committed relationship" and to me "sex" can be (and often is) different than "making love".
Believe it. Divorced 8 years ago, no sex in 8 1/2 years. Not for lack of opportunity or desire, but because I’m not doing it outside of marriage, period.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

GM - Ooops...I wasn't even thinking about preseason games. My answer remains the same for the reason you stated. The NFL's scheduling formula ensures that all teams will play every team from every division in the other conference once every four years. I'd get to see my favorite team and some other teams I enjoy watching. Maybe in those five years I'd grow to include the Colts in those teams I enjoy watching.
Deleted User 57

HD - WOW! Sorry to learn you are divorced - even if it is ultimately what's best for you. Not sure if I feel happy or sad for you in terms of your position on the no sex. Whatever is best for you is what I would hope for for you.

1214 - I wasn't thinking about preseason either but when you pointed out postseason I realized there are preseason games too. Football is my favorite sport with hockey a close second and then baseball followed by basketball - but I admit I like the NCAA tournament more than any other playoffs. Perhaps I may change my choice to the Colts.