The Travel Thread

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: The Travel Thread

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 12:35 pm So I get to my aisle seat on the plane and sit down.

A few minutes later, the guy with the window seat shows. I get up so he can sit down.

Before I get a chance to get out of the aisle and back into my seat, the next lady steps over my leg in some apparently hurried attempt to get to her seat.

She trips on my leg.

So who’s to blame?
Obama
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Likely culprit, especially cuz her tripping caused her to spill Dijon mustard on my tan suit.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

JK, tan suit would actually be less appropriate for a funeral, right?

My bro and I both have black suits. We looking like straight mafia up in hur.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Black suit is fine.

Try not to hit on any young ladies during the service.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

only thing better than hooking up with bridesmaids?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

soo a handful of hillbillies showed up to the wake. They kept claiming they were family, but no one recognized them. They apparently inquired about a will or inheritance or something. I’d say they’re trying to railroad us, but my grandma’s side of the family does have a lot of hillbillies either way.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

pdub wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:46 am
Cascadia wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 am Heading back to Connecticut for another two weeks. Wanting to head north for a weekend. Any advice on Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont trips?
Uh, yup.
You can do both Maine and NH in one weekend if you time it.
Don't have time to type reccos out right now but I will get back to you on this.
I'm guessing Vermont would be closer.
I've been to Green Mt Forest.
Wilmington is a quaint/sleepy mountain town with a brook that runs through it.

If you're after mountains, I'd go for the White Mountains in NH.
Drive the Kancamangus Highway from Conway to Lincoln. Conway/North Conway has a number of good restaurant spots. Stairway Cafe in N. Conway makes a great breakfast. Can get a drink at the Muddy Moose b/c wtf not. Embrace it.
Hike around Mt. Washington/Crawford's Notch. Plenty of waterfall hikes. If you're into camping, you don't need to even reserve a spot -- just walk 300 yards or so off a path and find a place. There's also a good non reservable ( first come first serve ) campground called ( don't ask about the name ) Jigger Johnson that has a stream that runs through it. If you aren't into camping, just Airbnb some shit.

If you don't mind extra travel ( via train/plane/automobile ), I'd do Maine.
Hit up Portland. Walk commercial st. and old port ( there will be a lotta tourists ). You can get lobster at Lobster Co. but there'll be a wait and it'll be overpriced. Top casual bars: Porthole. Rosie's. Ruski's. Tomaso's. LFK. Top cocktail bars: Maps. Hunt and Alpine. Central Provisions. Top restaurants: Boda ( Thai ). Honeypaw ( asian seafood ). Eventide ( seafood/oysters ). Front Room ( Brunch/comfort food ). Central Provisions. Fore Street ( if you can get in ). Empire ( chinese ). Ribollita ( Italian ). You can take a ferry to Peak's Island or Great Diamond Island. There's bars/restaurants at both. If you're into beer, there are a number of top notch breweries. Bissell Brothers, Rising Tide and Goodfire are my faves. See Ft. Williams in Cape Elizabeth. Get some lobster or fried seafood at Two Lights. If you have the time, drive up the coast on Route 1. Freeport has the original LLBean. It also has my favorite brewery Maine Beer Co. Boothbay and Damariscotta are very 'Maine' towns. Pemaquid Lighthouse is the best lighthouse in Maine. The other way, inland, you can hit up Sebago Lake, about 45 minutes from Portland. Crystal clear lake water.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 am
pdub wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 11:46 am
Cascadia wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 am Heading back to Connecticut for another two weeks. Wanting to head north for a weekend. Any advice on Maine, New Hampshire or Vermont trips?
Uh, yup.
You can do both Maine and NH in one weekend if you time it.
Don't have time to type reccos out right now but I will get back to you on this.
I'm guessing Vermont would be closer.
I've been to Green Mt Forest.
Wilmington is a quaint/sleepy mountain town with a brook that runs through it.

If you're after mountains, I'd go for the White Mountains in NH.
Drive the Kancamangus Highway from Conway to Lincoln. Conway/North Conway has a number of good restaurant spots. Stairway Cafe in N. Conway makes a great breakfast. Can get a drink at the Muddy Moose b/c wtf not. Embrace it.
Hike around Mt. Washington/Crawford's Notch. Plenty of waterfall hikes. If you're into camping, you don't need to even reserve a spot -- just walk 300 yards or so off a path and find a place. There's also a good non reservable ( first come first serve ) campground called ( don't ask about the name ) Jigger Johnson that has a stream that runs through it. If you aren't into camping, just Airbnb some shit.

If you don't mind extra travel ( via train/plane/automobile ), I'd do Maine.
Hit up Portland. Walk commercial st. and old port ( there will be a lotta tourists ). You can get lobster at Lobster Co. but there'll be a wait and it'll be overpriced. Top casual bars: Porthole. Rosie's. Ruski's. Tomaso's. LFK. Top cocktail bars: Maps. Hunt and Alpine. Central Provisions. Top restaurants: Boda ( Thai ). Honeypaw ( asian seafood ). Eventide ( seafood/oysters ). Front Room ( Brunch/comfort food ). Central Provisions. Fore Street ( if you can get in ). Empire ( chinese ). Ribollita ( Italian ). You can take a ferry to Peak's Island or Great Diamond Island. There's bars/restaurants at both. If you're into beer, there are a number of top notch breweries. Bissell Brothers, Rising Tide and Goodfire are my faves. See Ft. Williams in Cape Elizabeth. Get some lobster or fried seafood at Two Lights. If you have the time, drive up the coast on Route 1. Freeport has the original LLBean. It also has my favorite brewery Maine Beer Co. Boothbay and Damariscotta are very 'Maine' towns. Pemaquid Lighthouse is the best lighthouse in Maine. The other way, inland, you can hit up Sebago Lake, about 45 minutes from Portland. Crystal clear lake water.
Awesome, thanks man. I’m heavily leaning towards Maine since it’s one of two states I’ve never been to (Alaska is the other.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

When are you planning on coming?
If you had more than a weekend, I'd suggest hitting up Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park.
Mountains right off the Atlantic ocean.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Three states ( i've never been to ) : Alaska, Hawaii and Louisiana.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

I’m in CT from 5/12 to 5/24 so just the one weekend.

Although I’m back again from 8/4 to 8/16 and may stay extra after or arrive early for a longer personal vacation
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Weather won't be ideal summer yet but hopefully you get mid 60's with sun.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:57 am Three states ( i've never been to ) : Alaska, Hawaii and Louisiana.
New Orleans might be the best vacation spot in the U.S.

I'm ticking Hawaii off the list on...Friday.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Have always wanted to go to New Orleans.
Might be the best vacation spot for younger pdub but now, I bet i'd much prefer a place more like Acadia.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

old fart.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

pdub wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:30 pm Have always wanted to go to New Orleans.
Might be the best vacation spot for younger pdub but now, I bet i'd much prefer a place more like Acadia.
You don't have to treat New Orleans like Vegas to have an amazing time. There is such unbelievable history and architecture there. It's certainly the most European-feeling city I've been to in the U.S.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

haven’t been, but want to go for the food alone
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

The food is awesome.
Don't inject Lysol.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »