Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 12/02/18

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 183

Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 12/02/18

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I am going to begin today by saying to people such as Jeep/DC/Chalk/etc. - I appreciate your input.
Don't understand your need to view my questions, not answer them, but still make a post on the thread, but that's your prerogative and it I suppose it doesn't really matter to the others that choose to post their answers.
What does matter is I do and will continue to consider your posts as constructive criticism - that clearly isn't registering in my empty head in terms of putting an end to my asking the type of questions I choose to ask.

Since I do read and pay attention to people's answers/responses, in respect to 3rdGen, today I am going to ask only yes or no questions.

1) I fully admit I am having a difficult time being supportive of Bill Self and LaGerald Vick. I didn't say I am not supporting them, I said I am having a difficult time supporting them.
I say that as someone who does not live in Jayhawk country nor am I surrounded by people who are KU fans. I get minimal grief from a few friends and co-workers but I still get grief and it sucks because frankly I am as I have been told - an overly proud KU Basketball fan.
That being said, this might be difficult but be honest with yourself, if you were not a KU Basketball fan would you think our program as a whole has questionable/less than desirable "character"? Yes or no?

2) I am going to go out on a limb and say I think the 4 BCS Playoff teams are going to be 1) Alabama, 2) Clemson, 3) Notre Dame, and 4) Ohio State.
Do you think another/a different team/school such as Oklahoma, Georgia, or UCF deserves the 4th spot? Yes or no?

3) I have a female co-worker who is in her mid/late 30s. She does on-line dating and occasionally goes out with guys she is "matched" with. She asked me do I think it's wrong if she went out with a guy in his 50s. Mind you, she IS looking for a guy to marry. What say you - is it ok for her to "date" a guy in his 50s? Yes or no?

4) The past 10 days I have made a conscious effort to lose some weight. I ate better than usual and I ate less than usual. The 10 days previous I ate crappy and I ate pretty much whatever I wanted and I didn't gain (nor lose) a single pound from the previous 10 days.
Unfortunately these past 10 days I actually gained weight. No clue how or why. I do have a thyroid issue in which I take prescribed medication. Should I get my blood checked this week to make sure there isn't an issue? Yes or no?

5) Yesterday I didn't step foot out of my apartment building. Today, despite what is supposed to be crappy weather, I plan to do a few errands. Has there been an entire 48 hour (or more) period in 2018 that you have not left your home? Yes or no?
Deleted User 183

Re: Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 12/02/18

Post by Deleted User 183 »

My answers.....

1) Yes. Sorry kids.
2) No. A valid argument can be made for the other options.
3) Yes. Ok but probably not best idea.
4) Yes. Wouldn't hurt.
5) Yes. Can't figure out when specifically but it's happened.
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

1. I think if the non KU fan was a fan of basketball and they remained objective about it, then they would think there is stretching of the rules and gray areas everywhere. But keeping it to a yes, no, then I'd lean yes. If the person was not a fan of basketball, then they probably wouldn't care at all. The media would influence them towards yes though if they heard about the trial.
2. I don't follow college football close enough to know.
3. yes
4. Since you have a thyroid issue, I'd also evaluate some of the other symptoms that you also get from your thyroid condition rather than base your decision to have a blood test solely on weight gain. That being said, if you have not had your blood tested recently, then it is a good idea especially considering that you have a thyroid condition. I have a hyperthyroid condition but unfortunately I am very allergic to the medication for it - it decreased my white blood cells until I had almost none left.
5. I am unsure but probably yes - very rare though. I am not including going outside on my property in this, only leaving my house/property to go somewhere else.

Sorry there was more than yes/no to the answers.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

1.No
2. Yes Oklahoma or Georgia, get ohio state out of there. Hope ND gets beat by 70
3. Ugh. Im skipping 3 from now on
4. Nah. Youre fine
5. Yes. But only when sick with the flu.
Just Ledoux it
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. No. Offcourt issues have been minimal.

2. OU over Ohio State. OU looked better on final weekend than Ohio State did, and OU was ranked ahead going into the week.

3. Yes

4. Yes always get checked.

5. Yes. When sick.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
ramjet
Contributor

Post by ramjet »

1-no
2-yes
3-yes
4-yes
5-yes
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. I think most all elite teams have some less than desirable characters and some dirt. The players are kids, so you have to expect some lack of maturity and lots of mistakes. As far is character issues of players go, I think Bill Self does an excellent job of dealing with it. Maybe I missed something, but Vick does not make my top 10 list of questionable characters.
2. I don’t know and I don’t care.
3. The only concern I can think of is if she wants kids... the guy would be pretty old to be dealing with a teenager(s). Otherwise, I have zero issues. She should be mature enough by now.
4. I don’t know.
5. Yes
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

1. Yes
2. Don’t follow football
3. Yes
4. Yes - get that blood work checked
5. Yes
Thanks for making this easy. Sorry for the delayed replies.