Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 12/04/18

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 183

Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 12/04/18

Post by Deleted User 183 »

1) Tomorrow is a "federal" day of mourning. Is your work/school open tomorrow?

2) You are a very good high school basketball player. You come from a fairly wealthy family. You have a choice. You can go to Wofford on scholarship and be a 6th or 7th man as a freshman and sophomore and maybe be a starter your junior and senior years - or you can be a walk-on (pay for tuition) at UNC and most likely just play mop up minutes at the end of blowouts your entire 4 years. Which do you choose?

3) You have a GOOD friend who is bat shit crazy. Not right in the head. They are a good person but after 5 minutes with a qualified unbiased shrink, the shrink would diagnose them as being certifiably insane.
This person goes out on dates but 99 times out of 100 would not be asked out on a second date.
The person asks you what's wrong with them. Right or wrong, being that you care about the person and you are an honest person, you tell them in a kind manner ALL the things that you feel are "wrong" about them. You consider it to be constructive criticism and trying to help them.
Instead of being grateful and appreciative, your GOOD friend cries and says, "I will never find someone to marry and you think I'm crazy". Well, you do think they are crazy and you agree.
So.....
Do you (multiple choices/answers are allowed)
a) Tell them you don't think they are crazy and they will find someone and be happy?
b) Tell them as long as they are crazy and continue to be (not act - be) crazy they won't find someone and they need to concentrate on being less crazy?
c) Respond, I'm sorry, I really don't know what to say to you?
d) Say you still love them despite their being crazy and if they never do get married it's not the end of the world?
e) Give them INsincere comforting compliments such as you're so beautiful, it's their loss, etc.
f) Slap that bitch and say, settle down Bevis?
f) Walk away and don't say a thing?

4) Name something (anything from minor to extreme) that you have done in the past week (other than respond to my 5 questions) that you regret doing.

5) Without looking it up, do you know what a menorah is?
NewtonHawk11

Re: Gutter's 5 Questions of the Day 12/04/18

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

1. Yes.

2. Wofford. Give me that free college.

4. Not doing a better job of helping t wife around the house with cleaning and so on

5. It’s the candle thing for Hanukkah right? I think I sang something about lighting the Menorah during elementary school.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

1. Yes
2. Wofford- I’d want to play
3. d. Could you suggest she find a dr for an evaluation?
4. Walking out of the room during an argument
5. Hanukkah candle holder
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

3. Need more information. Can you confirm the crazy person is a female?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

1) Tomorrow is a "federal" day of mourning. Is your work/school open tomorrow?
i would presume so, but not sure...i'm working regardless

2) You are a very good high school basketball player. You come from a fairly wealthy family. You have a choice. You can go to Wofford on scholarship and be a 6th or 7th man as a freshman and sophomore and maybe be a starter your junior and senior years - or you can be a walk-on (pay for tuition) at UNC and most likely just play mop up minutes at the end of blowouts your entire 4 years. Which do you choose?

3) You have a GOOD friend who is bat shit crazy. Not right in the head. They are a good person but after 5 minutes with a qualified unbiased shrink, the shrink would diagnose them as being certifiably insane.
This person goes out on dates but 99 times out of 100 would not be asked out on a second date.
The person asks you what's wrong with them. Right or wrong, being that you care about the person and you are an honest person, you tell them in a kind manner ALL the things that you feel are "wrong" about them. You consider it to be constructive criticism and trying to help them.
Instead of being grateful and appreciative, your GOOD friend cries and says, "I will never find someone to marry and you think I'm crazy". Well, you do think they are crazy and you agree.
So.....
h) even crazy people can find love and get married...true story

4) Name something (anything from minor to extreme) that you have done in the past week (other than respond to my 5 questions) that you regret doing.
indulging too much in things that are bad for me

5) Without looking it up, do you know what a menorah is?
yes
aldo2121

Post by aldo2121 »

1. No
2. Wofford. Free school and play? Give me that.
3. B & D mix
4. Giving away the last of my burnt ends yesterday instead of keeping them for my fat self
5. The thing David Lee Roth lights in Adam Sandlers Hanukkah song
Last edited by aldo2121 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1. lol yup
2. Wofford
3. well if 99 of 100 other dudes would break up with her then you should too
4. got out of bed
5. Happy Hanukkah Gutter!
Deleted User 183

Leawood wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:40 am 3. Need more information. Can you confirm the crazy person is a female?
Sure - if it helps you answer the question.
Deleted User 183

My answers.....

1) Yes.
2) UNC
3) C and/or F
4) Eating too much (or at least too many bad things) while thinking I wasn't.
5) Yep
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

3. I know a poster on a message board like that.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

3. Go to Bailey, Banks & Biddle and purchase a back-off engagement ring and marry that crazy chick.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

1. Yes
2. Take the free education at Wofford
3. break up with her
4. Eating ramen coated in Sriracha at 1 AM Sunday morning
5. Candle holder for Hannakah? Trick question?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Sriracha is terrible stuff.
Defense. Rebounds.
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

1. We get all federal holidays but tomorrow is a work day.
2. Wofford - free education and a chance to grow into a better player.
3. None of those choices are agreeable but I like Tradition's "h" choice best.
4. Hmm - staying up late to watch the end of the Steelers game.
5. Yes...it symbolizes the miracle of light but I believe it also symbolizes the shining of a person's character and wisdom both internally with oneself and also how a person presents themselves out into the world with others. I believe the central candle is used to light the other candles. One per night throughout eight days of Hanukkah. I have seen different numbers of candles on menorrahs, some seven (three on each side of the center) and nine (four on each side of the center). I believe the center plus eight is used during Hanukkah but I am not sure when the center plus six is used. During the holidays in the past, I've displayed both Christmas decorations and a menorah for those friends of Jewish faith who visited.
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

Happy Hanukkah Gutter!
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

1. Open
2. UNC. I don’t really want to go to either school (both have little diversity in their students; the Carolina accent annoys me), but I think your point is playing time vs team ncaa success. I’d choose UNC for the bball experience.
3. Why can’t I tell them to get professional help?
4. I forgot to take out the trash
5. Yes. I see them everywhere