pdub
Site Admin

Re: Half Donuts

Post by pdub »

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Pal is the fucking worst.
That Ford truck commercial with Denis Leary makes me want to punch my TV in the mouth (thanks HD)
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Lew Perkins is a better man than you with higher morals pwhitt. There's not a KU person awful enough to truly compare you to....not even front butt is as odious as you.
Last edited by PhDhawk on Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:04 pm Pal is the fucking worst.
That Ford truck commercial with Denis Leary makes me want to punch my TV in the mouth (thanks HD)
No doubt.

I like the new ford commercial with Brian Cranston, where he's like nothing was accomplished at a CEO's product unvailing, we didn't land on the moon because of the president's speech...

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm
No doubt.

I like the new ford commercial with Brian Cranston, where he's like nothing was accomplished at a CEO's product unvailing, we didn't land on the moon because of the president's speech...
And not one single "bud"...."bro".."PAL".
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I didn't want to do this. But pwhitt is being put on time out from this thread for the rest of the week.

His bullshit behavior won't be tolerated, not in this thread.

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 pm Fucking Pwhittemore chased off CnB and brought in Michhawk.

Might as well change your username to Lew Perkins.

All I wanna know is, when is Michhawk gonna give us all snickers bars?
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:10 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:07 pm
No doubt.

And not one single "bud"...."bro".."PAL".
Leary is pretty lame and many claim he was just stealing Bill Hick's style...not sure I agree, but he's pretty much unfunny at this point.

That song asshole is pretty fucking hilarious though. But I think I heard that was joke stealing from Louis CK...so I guess that just proves my point.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:11 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:59 pm Fucking Pwhittemore chased off CnB and brought in Michhawk.

Might as well change your username to Lew Perkins.

All I wanna know is, when is Michhawk gonna give us all snickers bars?
He wouldn't, he'd just tell you they'll give you diabetes and then type out the word "sigh"

(Not kidding he actually does type out the word sigh.)

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

If the "keepin' you in check" crew were KU coaches:

Twocoach = Charlie Weis
Michhawk = David Beaty
Gutter = Turner Gill
Illannoy = Terry Allen

DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...I can quit calling him Coachemup and call him Frontbutt?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

yep

Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:16 pm If the "keepin' you in check" crew were KU coaches:

Twocoach = Charlie Weis
Michhawk = David Beaty
Gutter = Turner Gill
Illannoy = Terry Allen
ok, that’s a little funny
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

A reasonably interesting (but way too long) article supporting the argument I've been making for years.

The Myth of Authenticity Is Killing Tex-Mex
The standard narrative about Tex-Mex is that it’s an inauthentic, unartful, cheese-covered fusion, the kind of eating meant to be paired with unhealthy amounts of alcohol or to cure the effects thereof. There’s a lot of easy-melt cheese, the margaritas are made with a mix, and the salsas come from a bottle. In our snackwave food moment, Tex-Mex receives the same amount of affection and respect as a Doritos Locos taco or a microwaved burrito — a processed, comforting, lovable American monster.

Those assumptions are entirely wrong. Not only are they incorrect — they were promulgated by elite white food writers in * Pace Picante voice * New York City! In The Tex-Mex Cookbook: A History in Recipes and Photos, peerless Texas food historian Robb Walsh pins the denigration of Tex-Mex on English cookbook writer Diana Kennedy, whose introduction to her 1972 book The Cuisines of Mexico refers to the American enchilada combo plate as “so-called Mexican food” and makes the case that the real cuisine could only be eaten further south — and that there was a “real” Mexican food that exists, period. New York Times food critic and giant of the food world Craig Claiborne was a defender and acolyte of Kennedy’s, and helped popularize her anthropologically dogmatic version of Mexican cuisine.
Also, this is yet another post that should upset CnB.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Tex-mex has its place. It just ain't very good. I do have to laugh at Texans pointing their fingers at the "white food writers" from NYC cussing them for calling their creation "inauthentic." Go to Austin, the heart of tex-mex, and you will find mostly white hipsters, desperate to become San Fran or even Portland, serving up Free-Range breakfast tacos with heirloom tomato salsa.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Tex-mex nor breakfast tacos upset me.

But this board, which seems to be a niche corner of the internet for a small sample of KU fans, has little discussion so far and the one new thread today during the week of an important early season tourney is some jackass stating he wants fucking mizzou to win a game that not even half this board even knew was being played. That's half-donut bad.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

“That’s half donut bad” just went whole POTD
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It would be nice to have more and better discussion, and more and better posters.

Remember when I tried to collectively amp up our new poster recruiting efforts? There was an official thread and everything.

And does anyone know what hawklin’s up to? Dude’s not even on twitter any more, right?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:21 pm Tex-mex nor breakfast tacos upset me.

But this board, which seems to be a niche corner of the internet for a small sample of KU fans, has little discussion so far and the one new thread today during the week of an important early season tourney is some jackass stating he wants fucking mizzou to win a game that not even half this board even knew was being played. That's half-donut bad.
Im trying ( 50% as much as i should be ). Any suggestions?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:25 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:21 pm Tex-mex nor breakfast tacos upset me.

Im trying ( 50% as much as i should be ). Any suggestions?
Can you bring CnB back?