Vaccinations

Coffee talk.
DrPepper

Re: Vaccinations

Post by DrPepper »

Being exposed to sewage as a plumber seems pretty scary to me. Bring on the syringes.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

In order to get shingles, you have to have had chickenpox. It's caused by the same virus.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

The Plague Inc game has a scenario called ‘science denial.’ I’ve only played it once. I don’t know if it’s possible to lose that version of the game. When I played, I started in the USA. New Zealand was working on a cure, but when they figured out the cure, their lab got destroyed in riots.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

now a public health emergency...thanks idiot oregonians
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:48 pm now a public health emergency...thanks idiot oregonians
Wonder what those idiot parents will have to say for themselves and their "informed" decisions?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:48 pm now a public health emergency...thanks idiot oregonians
And idiot washingtonians. 22 confirmed cases in clark county. I read an unconfirmed report that all cases were of non-vaccinated persons - the big concern is now for infants who are too young to have the initial vaccine and toddlers under 4 who havent yet received the 2nd dose of the vaccination.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:00 am
And idiot washingtonians. 22 confirmed cases in clark county. I read an unconfirmed report that all cases were of non-vaccinated persons - the big concern is now for infants who are too young to have the initial vaccine and toddlers under 4 who havent yet received the 2nd dose of the vaccination.
story i heard last night was worried about massive spread...talking about the portland airport, costco, etc.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yea makes sense. Clark county is across the river from portland
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Being in a demographic that had the measles, it's not like chickenpox or mumps, I remember being scary ill with measles.
Don't inject Lysol.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

seahawk wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:10 pm Being in a demographic that had the measles, it's not like chickenpox or mumps, I remember being scary ill with measles.
I had all those before there were vaccines for them. Also had scarlet fever. At least we did have penicillin then.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

A large new study finds kids who got no childhood vaccines were more likely to be diagnosed with autism than kids who did get recommended vaccinations...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

https://www.pri.org/stories/australia-i ... ti-vaxxers

i love this country, but can't stand the level of willful ignorance
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:01 am Another study finds no link between autism and measles, mumps and rubella vaccine

A large new study finds kids who got no childhood vaccines were more likely to be diagnosed with autism than kids who did get recommended vaccinations...

But but but....what about all those people who claim doctors and science dont actually know anything?? They definetely know better than the doctors...evidence be damned....
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

CDC: Unvaccinated Oregon Boy Almost Dies of TetanusAn unvaccinated 6-year-old Oregon boy was hospitalized for two months for tetanus and almost died of the bacterial illness after getting a deep cut while playing on a farm, according to a case study published Friday by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.[/url]

The 2017 case is the first case of pediatric tetanus in Oregon in more than 30 years and alarmed infectious disease experts who said tetanus is almost unheard of in the U.S. since widespread immunization began in the 1940s.

...When the boy arrived at the emergency department, his muscle spasms were so severe he could not talk, could not open his mouth and was struggling to breathe, she said.

"We had a hard time taking care of this child — watching him suffer — and it is a preventable disease," Guzman-Cottrill said.

...Anywhere from three to 21 days after infection, symptoms appear: muscle spasms, lockjaw, difficulty swallowing and breathing and seizures. The disease can cause death or severe disability in those who survive, Schaffner said.

...In the case in Oregon, the boy cut himself on the forehead while playing, and his family stitched up the wound themselves. Six days later, he began clenching his jaw, arching his neck and back and had uncontrollable muscle spasms.

When he began to have trouble breathing, his parents called paramedics and he was transported by air to Oregon Health & Science University's Doernbecher Children's Hospital in Portland. When he arrived, he asked for water but could not open his mouth.

The child was sedated, put on a ventilator and cared for in a darkened room while wearing ear plugs because any stimulation made his pain and muscle spasms worse. His fever spiked to almost 105 degrees (40.5 Celsius), and he developed high blood pressure and a racing heartbeat.

Forty-four days after he was hospitalized, the boy was able to sip clear liquids.
Six days later, he was able to walk a short distance with help. After another three weeks of inpatient rehabilitation and a month at home, he could ride a bike and run — a remarkable recovery, experts said.

The child's care — not including the air ambulance and inpatient rehabilitation — cost nearly $1 million, about 72 times the mean for a pediatric hospitalization in the U.S., the paper noted.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

"His attorney was not allowed in, but his immigration court case continued anyway - over a video conference line."

Seems fair.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The children have hearings. Like a 3 year old has any concept, but we give them a hearing.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

ahhh, karma...
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

The “chickenpox party.” This is literally child abuse.
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/n ... 221848002/
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke