Vaccinations

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Vaccinations

Post by TDub »

Great now measles is making a comeback because these morons who think they know more than the doctors have decided to not vaccinate their children. Fuck you if you dont vaccinate. You are putting other people and, more importantly, other peoples children at risk. Vaccinate your children people.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

Re: Vaccinations

Post by Deleted User 75 »

But autism!!!!
Deleted User 75

But if your kid is vaccinated why would it matter if mine isn't!!!!

(*sarcasm*)
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:34 am Great now measles is making a comeback because these morons who think they know more than the doctors have decided to not vaccinate their children. Fuck you if you dont vaccinate. You are putting other people and, more importantly, other peoples children at risk. Vaccinate your children people.
the anti-vaccers should be held responsible, imo. if i had a kid that came down with something like measles because of an ignorant, irresponsible parent, i'd be livid...and half tempted to take them to court
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

When my kids were little, we could not enroll them in school without vaccination records. Has that changed?
Defense. Rebounds.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:21 am When my kids were little, we could not enroll them in school without vaccination records. Has that changed?
Home school and also some states allow objections based on religious beliefs.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:21 am When my kids were little, we could not enroll them in school without vaccination records. Has that changed?
Depends on the school.

The ones my kids attend/will attend require them still.
Deleted User 89

Geezer wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:30 am
Home school and also some states allow objections based on ignorance.
fixed
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Requirements vary by state but daycare isnt require to follow those restrictions nor are other private organizations etc. Homeschoolers can still participate in public school sports as well without fulfilling the vac requirements (i believe this is stil true)

I had no idea how fast measle can spread. Airborne, 2 hours outside host, and 90 percent infection rate to those exposed and not immune/vaccinated (and even some who are vaccinated, and most inportantly children how are under 4 who have obly had the first aet of vaccinatons vs mmr)
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

So scary....when something big happens (and it will eventually happen) many countries won't even be capable of locking themselves down.
Deleted User 89

measles isn't, or probably shouldn't be, the biggest concern

this article is older, but still relevant...

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ake-worse/

fyi...2nd worst ebola outbreak in history is currently taking place in Congo https://www.axios.com/congo-ebola-outbr ... 4ece0.html

bird flu, swine flu, and a host of others have already been shown to have increased their transmission rates. https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... pandemic1/

one of the biggest concerns is that the warming winters, particularly in the Bering Sea area, are now facilitating transmission via increased host dispersal (asia to north america)
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Oh i agree Trad, but thing about measles is it's so easily prevented and controlled (like yknow, we have a fucking vaccine! Use it people) that its ridiculous that we are still have pocket outbreaks.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

TDub wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:12 am Oh i agree Trad, but thing about measles is it's so easily prevented and controlled (like yknow, we have a fucking vaccine! Use it people) that its ridiculous that we are still have pocket outbreaks.
completely agree
Deleted User 75

I have a cousin who doesnt vaccinate her child.....because her parents believe she was harmed by a vaccine because she was quiet/not very smart as a kid....and ya know, it had to be the vaccines, and had nothing to do with the fact that her mother and father aren't very smart, and didn't pay enough attention to her.....her kid is sick non stop....and her dad (the kids grandfather) who is a chiropractor continues to post anti-vaccination articles on facebook because he's a "Doctor". LOL

Same family that's filed bankruptcy personally and lost their home, but always posts their new 500$ shoes on Facebook they just bought and is always taking trips pretending to be this rich family even though my uncle has to pay all their bills and raise all their kids/grandkids..
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I think it's unwise not to vaccinate but I also believe in the freedom of religion.
If it's for religious reasons, it is, and should be protected under the 1st.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 am I think it's unwise not to vaccinate but I also believe in the freedom of religion.
Define religion.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

I pray to the golf gods. Ideally 3 times a week. Sometimes more or sometimes less.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 am
pdub wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 am I think it's unwise not to vaccinate but I also believe in the freedom of religion.
Define religion.
You define it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't have an issue with each state deciding that children need to be vaccinated to attend school.
I would have an issue with forced vaccinations at child birth.
Or forced vaccinations to collect a wage.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:36 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 am
Define religion.
You define it.
You're the one who suggested it be an acceptable excuse.

What if I worship syringes and believe that using them and throwing them away is destructive and hurtful. Does that count as a religion? Do my kids only need to take oral vaccinations?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto