Badder dogs and assholer neighbors

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Badder dogs and assholer neighbors

Post by TDub »

Pump grout in it. Probably $500 but will solve the problem and wont require additional maintenance
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Its like 200-300 to rent the grout pump and then material cost from there depends on size of hole youre filling.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

After that was done, I mounded up topsoil and planted grass. It held about 10 years and was still fine when we sold the house.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ugh, so the landlord randomly came up tonight. Goes out on the town and leaves his dog upstairs. the poor thing has been running around barking and freaking out for two hours straight. The landlord's not answering his phone. Gonna be a long night.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Update!

The dog ran around barking and whining and sounding like it was tearing the place apart without relent. Finally after midnight the landlord comes back. I get a “OMG so sorry” text. The dog finally chills, but then the landlord starts playing an electric keyboard so poorly that it made the dog sound civil. Then this morning, he’s double parked diagonally across the driveway so beav and I are blocked in, instead of parking in the garage (on another negative double digit temp night), in which is a large sign he hand wrote that says, “please do not block in downstairs tenant’s vehicles!”

Is every landlord a sophomoric bum, or is this just a resort town thing or somethin?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Is he from Texas?
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ha, might as well be.

Actually, he’s a front ranger - just as entitled, but in a different way.

Dude fancies himself a “mountain local” even though he doesn’t live, work, be a part of the community, or otherwise reside in the mountains. He just owns a vacation home which he visits like a collective 10 days a year.

Likes to come up for the busiest times, like NYE, and complain about how crowded everything is. cuz it’s everyone else creating the traffic, not him.

Just got another “so sorry about the noise” text from him. Pretty sure he just now woke up and doesn’t even remember sending the first one.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:22 am Is every landlord a sophomoric bum, or is this just a resort town thing or somethin?
Hell no, I am just as shitty a landlord in Lakewood as I am in Center. If you don't like it, pull yourself up by yer bootstraps and buy your own damn million dollar house.

The place in Center looks reply damn good by the way after a week of dirty ass work. Funny thing though, after a week of grinding my fingers on boards and nails my fingerprint recognition touchpad no longer works. I had to go to settings and reset the fingerprint recognition to read my "new" fingerprint. For the first two days I worked in the building without heat. Overnight the temp in the SLV would be between -5 and -10 and the daily high would be 15 to 20 degrees. Brutal until you worked up a little body heat. I guess that is why my fingers are all split. We woke up on the day before Christmas to find everything covered in rime ice which was the highlight of the trip.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well fuck, japhy’s a shitty landlord too?!

At this point I might as well just move into DC’s basement.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

the last three landlords i’ve had have been almost non-existent

fortunately it’s been a good thing since we’ve not had problems with the houses
ChalkRocker

Post by ChalkRocker »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:31 pm
Think it over first.
Please, I implore you to be reasonable...
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:31 pm Well fuck, japhy’s a shitty landlord too?!

I'm a damn good landlord. We should talk.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Eddie Murphy had the solution to the problem back in the early 80’s:
https://youtu.be/MEnmjDD_fTE
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:47 pm the last three landlords i’ve had have been almost non-existent

fortunately it’s been a good thing since we’ve not had problems with the houses
Looking back:

One place we renewed the lease 3 times and asked to renew a 4th, but 3 weeks before the lease was up the landlord say sorry LOL I decided to rent it to my friends out from under you instead.

The next place, Upon move in the shower head was busted. The landlord said he’d be by to fix it tomorrow, no this weekend, no next week, sorry I keep blowing this off but don’t just go buy a new head cuz I won’t repay you, I have all these extra heads I wanna try first.

Then, after not ever coming by, he starts requesting phone conferences to discuss the shower head. “Can you guys call me tonight at 6?” We call, leave a voicemail, and 3 days later get a text that says sorry I passed out early the other night. Phone conference tomorrow? Sorry I passed out again.

Once we go get him on the phone he gives these long convoluted explanations about the shower head. This goes on for a couple more phone conferences.

Finally, 3 months later, he comes by. “But this shower head works fine!” I know, cuz after the first couple shitty showers I just went out and spent 16 bucks on a new head. Yeah I know you won’t reimburse me but it was worth it. The old one’s under the sink if you want it.

Then when we moved out he boned us on the deposit. “The place looks great you guys, never had tenants leave it so clean! I appreciate it but I’m still charging you out the ass for 6 hours of labor.”

I asked several times for an itemized list of deductions. Finally a couple weeks later he sends a picture of handwritten scribbles on notebook paper along with the text that “there was dust on the ceiling fan and also a spot I wiped down on a wall.” Fuck you too, buddy.

Then that shithole with the dogs. After the bad roomie moved out, I emailed him for several weeks asking to confirm how the deposit would be transferred if we renew. He never responds, never responds, then finally just emails back, since you’ve been wasting my time I’m rescinding the offer to renew.

Finally, the current pad with beaver. Just now the landlord texts, no for real this time you guys, you gotta move your truck so I can get my snowmobiles out ASAP!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I should add that I still get random texts from the shower head landlord.

He’ll text like “hey Bill wanna get beers tomorrow?” Or “hey Mike check out this kayak on Craigslist!”

Usually the texts come through in the middle of the night. Too bad he didn’t pass out early again.