Badder dogs and assholer neighbors

Coffee talk.
PhDhawk

Re: Badder dogs and assholer neighbors

Post by PhDhawk »

They look funny when they poop
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

saw them race at the Woodlands back in the day
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The only dogs that should be permitted to be off-leash are the ones that are so well trained they don’t wander further than 6 feet from their owner anyway, don’t chase after squirrels or other dogs or hoomans, and promptly respond to voice commands.

And how many dogs realistically behave that well?
Deleted User 89

not enough
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

ummmm

So this is totally random except that it happened on the same trails I got bit:

so I’m skiing through the woods, come around a corner, and see a chick’s bare ass. She squats down pantsless and starts pissing, just right there on the trail...
Deleted User 89

did you plug it up? lol
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

More than anything it made me miss 85
Deleted User 89

speaking of badder dogs...

BBC News - Dogs' becoming major threat' to wildlife https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47062959

and i’m dumb and can’t figure the link out
shindig

Post by shindig »

DrPepper wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:37 pm I’ve been considering a retired greyhound. I don’t have any direct experience with them, but they sound like big couch potatoes with short hair, that won’t have to go through the puppy phases of peeing and chewing. I read that they are never supposed to be off leash (w/out a fence) because they are sight hounds. If they see a rabbit/squirrel, you’re never going to catch up.
Anyone have a greyhound story?
Not any interesting stories. Where I take my boxer for doggy day care re-homes retired greyhounds. They seem like very nice dogs. They are tall and probably don't like the cold that much because I always see them with sweaters on.

https://poochesparadise.com/outreach/
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Off topic but not making s new thread. Neighbor down the way has at least 30 cats, many of which are now feral. They are in my pasture and property all the damn time, driving my dogs crazy, shitting where my kids play, scoping my chickens. Called the local shelter they will try to trap but if they dont have new homes in 48 hrs they drop them back off where they caught them.

Can I shoot them? Trap them and drop them off in the mountains? Which is the more acceptable option? Other ideas?
Just Ledoux it
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Thanks, Shindig
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

You can do whatever you want as long as you don’t get caught. However, getting a coyote would be more fun. There are plenty of DIY pages for coyote live traps on the interwebs. If you get busted for killing a feral cat, I think you are proficient enough at playing dumb that you could claim you thought you were shooting a nuisant coyote.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TDub wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 pm Off topic but not making s new thread. Neighbor down the way has at least 30 cats, many of which are now feral. They are in my pasture and property all the damn time, driving my dogs crazy, shitting where my kids play, scoping my chickens. Called the local shelter they will try to trap but if they dont have new homes in 48 hrs they drop them back off where they caught them.

Can I shoot them? Trap them and drop them off in the mountains? Which is the more acceptable option? Other ideas?
Shoot them or drown them.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

let the dogs lose?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:31 pm You can do whatever you want as long as you don’t get caught. However, getting a coyote would be more fun. There are plenty of DIY pages for coyote live traps on the interwebs. If you get busted for killing a feral cat, I think you are proficient enough at playing dumb that you could claim you thought you were shooting a nuisant coyote.
Trapping coyotes is a good time. Used to be a $75 bounty on them for a while.

Glad to know you think I'm stupid enough to pull off mistaking a cat for a coyote ha.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:55 pm let the dogs lose?
And here I thought the lesson of this whole thread was about how bad it is to let your dogs run loose.

What a turn of events. Haha
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm
TDub wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:05 pm Off topic but not making s new thread. Neighbor down the way has at least 30 cats, many of which are now feral. They are in my pasture and property all the damn time, driving my dogs crazy, shitting where my kids play, scoping my chickens. Called the local shelter they will try to trap but if they dont have new homes in 48 hrs they drop them back off where they caught them.

drown them? seriously?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:42 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:45 pm

drown them? seriously?
It's quiet and effective.

Can't have wild cats killing chickens.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You always drown a skunk if you trap one. If you shoot them they spray and its awful. If you drown them they don't.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah I would just let your dogs run around off leash about it...wut could possibly go wrong?