Deleted User 89

Re: Badder dogs and assholer neighbors

Post by Deleted User 89 »

drowning is cruel and inhumane...period
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ever been sprayed by a skunk? That is cruel and inhumane.

Or had a dog sprayed by one
Last edited by TDub on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Hydrogen peroxide, lime powder, lye, baking soda, and dawn dish soap.
Just Ledoux it
shindig

Post by shindig »

My cousin lives outside OKC in the country and her three boxers always seem to get into it with a skunk or two. She posted pics of all those items on FB from TDub in preparation.

Side story, I hit a skunk once (by accident of course) driving down to Parsons, KS several years ago to see my sick Uncle...my car smelled for days. And I also think drowning is cruel and is trapping, but I won't get into that. Things are different in the country, I get that, so I don't judge people, unless they actually get pleasure out of killing animals, then it's a different story.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TDub wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 am You always drown a skunk if you trap one. If you shoot them they spray and its awful. If you drown them they don't.
I know it's shocking and morbid to say "drown them"....but wild cats can wreak havoc on chickens.

My grandmother grew up in a small house in rural Arkansas. Her dad always had her drown the wild cats that would mess with their chickens. Save bullets for something worth shooting.
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:34 am drowning is cruel and inhumane...period
And shooting them isn't?

It's quicker and cleaner than shooting them in the stomach and it taking them 20min to die/bleed out.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

This thread’s starting to get a little fucked up.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Sorry. My bad
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

Good lord they're wild cats. Not Garfield the lovable house cat that the kids have been looking for.

I'm assuming you're all vegans?

You ever seen how they kill the beef you eat? Yikes.
shindig

Post by shindig »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:33 am
TDub wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:27 am You always drown a skunk if you trap one. If you shoot them they spray and its awful. If you drown them they don't.
I know it's shocking and morbid to say "drown them"....but wild cats can wreak havoc on chickens.

My grandmother grew up in a small house in rural Arkansas. Her dad always had her drown the wild cats that would mess with their chickens. Save bullets for something worth shooting.
A stray dog got into my parents chicken coop a few weeks ago. Killed one of the chickens but the other 4 basically never recovered from the trauma and just died about a week later. Weird.
Deleted User 75

Fried chicken dinner!
KU1214

Post by KU1214 »

TDub
If you wanted a more humane way of attacking the cat problem, you might turn to contacting an animal activist organization. A good friend of mine who lives in North Carolina, traps feral cats, takes them to a vet to get neutured and releases them. If the cats she traps are kittens and can be homed, she finds homes for them. When she comes across situations like you described (homes with 30 cats), she coordinates with other rescue organizations. She just told me the other day that there is a pipeline of rescue activists who will transport cats and dogs from the southeast U.S. to the northeast because apparently there is more demand for cats and dogs than some rescue operations in the northeast can provide. Maybe a rescue organization could help you with the excess cats you have coming on your property.

I wouldn't advocate letting your dogs tangle with the cats. Who knows if the cats are carrying any diseases. Also feral cats with claws can do damage especially to tender dog noses.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yea ive been looking for something like that but i live in a pretty rural area, not a lot of options.

And yea. Im not letting my dogs mess with them. I like my dogs too much.
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I need to do something though. I dont want disease ridden flea ridden cats pooping where my kids play. And trying to kill my chickens. ha.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

Drown them.

#merica

:-o
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

1 whole cat
4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
1 large pinches sea salt
3 tbsp roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus 1 large handful flat-leaf parsley leaves
2 tbsp chopped marjoram
olive oil, for drizzling
1 tbsp duck fat
1 white onion, quartered
1 punnet grape tomatoes
3 vine-ripened tomatoes, 2 roughly chopped, 1 sliced into wedges
1 red onion, roughly chopped
2 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 bunches rocket, trimmed

1. Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7.

2. Carve the cat legs (leaving the thigh and leg attached) from the body and place into a large bowl. Roughly chop the cat bones and set aside.

3. Using a pestle and mortar, pound half of the garlic cloves, salt, three tablespoons of the parsley and the marjoram together to make a rough paste. Loosen the mixture with a few tablespoons of olive oil.

4. Coat the cat legs with the herb paste and set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.

4. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the chopped cat bones, duck fat, white onion and grape tomatoes. Cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the bones are well browned all over. Strain the liquid into a bowl, pressing down on the tomatoes to release all their juices, and set aside.

5. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a high heat. Add the marinated cat legs and fry for 4-5 minutes on both sides, or until golden-brown all over. Place into the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the cat is cooked through.

6. Place the chopped vine-ripened tomatoes, red onion, remaining garlic and parsley in a food processor and blend to a smooth purée. Strain the mixture through a fine sieve into a clean, non-reactive saucepan.

7. Add sugar, balsamic vinegar and one tablespoon of olive oil to the strained tomato mixture. Stir well, then bring to the boil and cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, or until nearly all of the liquid has evaporated

8. Combine the rocket and tomato wedges in a bowl and dress with olive oil and one tablespoon of the grape tomato liquid.

9. To serve, place a cat leg on each of two plates and drizzle over the pan juices. Arrange the rocket and tomatoes next to the cat and serve the tomato chutney in a small dish or ramekin alongside.
Deleted User 75

Yuck.

Step 1: drown cats and throw them in garbage

Step 2: buy beef

Step 3: make tacos
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TDub never mentioned a problem with cows
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I hear they fart too much.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:59 pm I hear they fart too much.
I'm doing my part to reduce cow farts. I try to eat as many of them as I can.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.