Sounds About White

Coffee talk.
NewtonHawk11

Sounds About White

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/public-saf ... llege-bar/.

This guy had no DNA except for on a girl's breasts. Convicted of rape and 12 years in jail.

Brock Turner the white, rich kid on the Stanford swim team assaulted an unconscious female. Got 3 months.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 89

Re: Sounds About White

Post by Deleted User 89 »

but illy told us white privilege isn't a thing
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The defendant shoulda had Brock’s dad testify about how they shouldn’t throw the book at him just for “a few minutes of action.”

Is the hawk culpable at all?

Is anyone else not surprised they would let a 17yo girl in without even carding her?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:35 am The defendant shoulda had Brock’s dad testify about how they shouldn’t throw the book at him just for “a few minutes of action.”

Is the hawk culpable at all?

Is anyone else not surprised they would let a 17yo girl in without even carding her?
That's one thing that surprised me as well. She didn't even get stopped to go in. The Hawk has some things they have to answer to.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I'm wondering if someone/some people at the Hawk remembered and admitted she wasn't carded or if it was her and/or someone she was with that claims she wasn't carded. Either way, not sure what if any liability they would have. I assume none in terms of what transpired outside their establishment.

As far as the Stanford kid, moral of the story is don't finger blast a drunk chick unless you are willing to have your name dragged through the mud.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:31 pm I'm wondering if someone/some people at the Hawk remembered and admitted she wasn't carded or if it was her and/or someone she was with that claims she wasn't carded. Either way, not sure what if any liability they would have. I assume none in terms of what transpired outside their establishment.
There is surveillance video of her barely looked at going by security. Walked right in.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Even if it happened inside the Hawk, letting her in puts 0 liability on them.

At best, you’re arguing that being drunk makes you more likely to be raped, and good luck with that.

Now, letting him in? Still a humongous stretch. Now you’re arguing someone is more likely to commit rape if drinking underage. Good luck with that.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I thought this was going to be about the 'Angry' white male course offered next year through CLAS.

CnB you know - The Hawk hasn't checked IDs for years. The only time they will do that is when they know the ABCs are in town.

I do remember reading about this trial awhile back and something about that case didn't sit well with me. At all. Makes me feel really uncomfortable about whether the 'crime' matches the time or the lack of a 'crime' at all.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I stopped going to the Hawk when I turned 21.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:27 am but illy told us white privilege isn't a thing
Pretty sure I didn't, but cool story bro.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:27 am but illy told us white privilege isn't a thing
Ha! Libtards still trying to pretend white privilege is a thing. How about just working harder?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

That makes zero sense in this case.
How should this guy have worked harder?
Have studied law and represent himself at 20 years old?
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

It can be argued that anyone posting on this site that is living in America has privilege.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

lobster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:31 pm It can be argued that anyone posting on this site that is living in America has privilege.
yep, it's a privilege to read my posts.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

this just came on my playlist, and thought it relevant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FOlV1EYxmg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubin_Carter

...particularly in light of the lacrosse kid getting off on such a light penalty, while those of color convicted of similar crimes recently have gotten the book thrown at 'em
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You know even Dylan now thinks otherwise, right?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

lobster wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:31 pm It can be argued that anyone posting on this site that is living in America has privilege.
No shit, Sherlock?
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

DrPepper wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:01 pm
No shit, Sherlock?
Right, so let's stop pretending only whites have privilege.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

No one is trying to pretend that only white's have privilege - but the reality is no one other than white people have WHITE privilege.
Which does actually happen to be a real thing.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Gutter wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:55 am No one is trying to pretend that only white's have privilege - but the reality is no one other than white people have WHITE privilege.
Which does actually happen to be a real thing.
So, it's like black lives matter?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.