Cascadia

Re: Amazon Delivery

Post by Cascadia »

Love that stock though!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

do you really have stock?

about to come into some inheritance money and was thinking about making some investments. amazon, though they aren't my favorite company, seems to be a pretty solid way to go.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:47 pm do you really have stock?

about to come into some inheritance money and was thinking about making some investments. amazon, though they aren't my favorite company, seems to be a pretty solid way to go.
Do you expect it to grow in value?
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Bought around 100. Sold around 400. Yay... And whoops
Deleted User 89

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:50 pm

Do you expect it to grow in value?
that would literally be the ONLY reason i’d even consider them in particular
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I can’t see amazon do anything but continue to grow.

But this thread was supposed to be about them making the terrible decision of hiring the Lyft/Uber leftovers to deliver packages.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
shindig

Post by shindig »

I've never had any issues with them. What's your beef?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 pm I can’t see amazon do anything but continue to grow.

But this thread was supposed to be about them making the terrible decision of hiring the Lyft/Uber leftovers to deliver packages.
There's a decent chance it's broken up under a Democratic administration.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 pm I can’t see amazon do anything but continue to grow.

Better or worse than the drone deliveries they are testing?

In my area lots of packages are gonna get shot down flying over farmers and ranchers land. Ha.
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

shindig wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:17 am I've never had any issues with them. What's your beef?
Lots of reports around the country of awful service and they are frequently on reddit from doorbell cams showing them throwing packages, damaging packages, kicking them, stealing them, and the latest, taking a shit on someone's driveway. Lots of young kids that don't give a fuck.

Personally, I've had 2 occasions now where stuff just does not get delivered and they say it is (the doorman takes care of this). One of them we do not know what happened (stolen?), the other one is that the person couldn't be bothered to try and deliver a second time (after attempting a delivery at 9:00 pm), so he just sent the package back.
Deleted User 62

Growth doesn't neccesarily equal stock performance gains.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:43 am Growth doesn't neccesarily equal stock performance gains.
Tell us more mr used boat saleman! Enlighten us!!!

Fucking douche bag.
Deleted User 89

wtf
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Yes. Purchased in October of 2016. I’ve also done some development work with them and I’m very confident their stock will continue to perform well.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:36 am
shindig wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:17 am I've never had any issues with them. What's your beef?
Lots of reports around the country of awful service and they are frequently on reddit from doorbell cams showing them throwing packages, damaging packages, kicking them, stealing them, and the latest, taking a shit on someone's driveway. Lots of young kids that don't give a fuck.

Personally, I've had 2 occasions now where stuff just does not get delivered and they say it is (the doorman takes care of this). One of them we do not know what happened (stolen?), the other one is that the person couldn't be bothered to try and deliver a second time (after attempting a delivery at 9:00 pm), so he just sent the package back.
Saw a guy in my building throwing packages two days ago.

Around christmas we had two packages stolen on the same day, but I live in a building that locks and doesn't have many tenants, so I thought it was fishy.

More recently, we had packages where we got the delivery confirmation but no package, only to find the packages show up a day or two later. I'm guessing they claim delivery to not hurt their personal delivery stats or something but then deliver them later.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 62

Deleted User 75 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:47 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:43 am Growth doesn't neccesarily equal stock performance gains.
Tell us more mr used boat saleman! Enlighten us!!!

Fucking douche bag.
It's like the "payoff" huge aerial display at the end of a crappy fireworks display.

Part of the applause appreciates the effort, part of it just applauds that the show is finally over.
shindig

Post by shindig »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:36 am

Ahh, gotcha. I guess I've been lucky so far because I order stuff from Amazon all the time.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

They still use UPS, USPS who have much better delivery employees.