Amazon Delivery

Coffee talk.
Mjl

Re: Amazon Delivery

Post by Mjl »

Can someone explain to me why people get freaked out about drones delivering packages? Or being used in war for that matter?

Automation is a good thing. Give humans time to do things humans are good at.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Someone steal a pair of your shoes, C&B?
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Wait til drones start delivering...or as it will be know skeet shooting with prizes!
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Lonestarjayhawk wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:35 am Wait til drones start delivering...or as it will be know skeet shooting with prizes!
lol
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Just fucking degenerates.

Had one steal the product right out of its package earlier this week. There is a clear chain of custody that means it was 99% the amazon delivery person that did this.

This is something I need before a flight on Sunday, so Amazon agreed to resend it overnight. The other person "attempted" delivery today by not bothering to check with the office building that handles packages and is open to the public and instead can't get trough a locked door so cancels the delivery.

The taxi union are model citizens by comparison.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I can certainly understand your frustration, CnB. Nothing worse than delayed or mistakes on shipping. Luckily (thankfully) we haven't had any issues with Amazon in my neighborhood. It might be the size of your packages but have you tried a pick up point were they leave the items in Amazon storage lockers?

We are the victims of our own need for wanting everything right now and at cheaper costs. Just like 'fast food' workers finding quality and reliable workers to deliver Amazon packages has to be tough.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:43 pm I can certainly understand your frustration, CnB. Nothing worse than delayed or mistakes on shipping. Luckily (thankfully) we haven't had any issues with Amazon in my neighborhood. It might be the size of your packages but have you tried a pick up point were they leave the items in Amazon storage lockers?

We are the victims of our own need for wanting everything right now and at cheaper costs. Just like 'fast food' workers finding quality and reliable workers to deliver Amazon packages has to be tough.
As to the bolded, this is my frustration. These issues were far fewer when Amazon exclusively used USPS and UPS. Now that they've turned their delivery into the Uber of deliveries, the quality of delivery is shockingly un-Amazon. And it was a decision made for the bottom line and not with the customer in mind. This isn't postmates, the stakes are higher than a $10 sandwich. Postmates for goods that are of this value and at this volume isn't working for me.

I live in a secured building that has both an office with a door to the outside as well as the coded lockers for packages. This should all but eliminate any problems with "porch pirates." It doesn't do much, though, for this bad Amazon system where 1. the work force has single digit IQ's, 2. the work force is shockingly bold about poor handling and theft, and 3. the third-party independent contract nature of the courier service is such that they are allowed to deliver on a 24/7 basis.