Don't use the report button!

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 75

Don't use the report button!

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Apparently that button is only for use by preferred board members?

Pdub: I told you to stop abusing the report button.
If you continue to do so, you'll be banned for a while so you can figure out when to use it and when not to.

Illy: When and where did you tell me that?

And how is it abuse? I've been reporting the off topic posts so that you can maybe stop allowing people to do nothing but bully others and shit talk. Isn't that what the button is for? 

There's a handful of people who do almost nothing but talk shit. That's what the button is for. That's also what moderators are for. 

Instead of me engaging in endless back and forth trying to defend myself I was hoping you would do your part to deter that kind of behavior....figured that's what the report button was for. Why even have it if you don't want people to use it?

Maybe others will find this useful. Figured I'd share.
Deleted User 75

Re: Don't use the report button!

PhD would say you seem to be more tolerant of inappropriate pictures than you are of me reporting the posts that are needless shit talking.

What a weird thing to have available if you don't like it when it's used....oh well. Seems only certain people have to follow the rules.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:49 am Apparently that button is only for use by preferred board members?

If you continue to do so, you'll be banned for a while so you can figure out when to use it and when not to.

And how is it abuse? I've been reporting the off topic posts so that you can maybe stop allowing people to do nothing but bully others and shit talk. Isn't that what the button is for? 

There's a handful of people who do almost nothing but talk shit. That's what the button is for. That's also what moderators are for. 

Instead of me engaging in endless back and forth trying to defend myself I was hoping you would do your part to deter that kind of behavior....figured that's what the report button was for. Why even have it if you don't want people to use it?

Reported.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

KFC
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:01 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:49 am Apparently that button is only for use by preferred board members?

Reported.
Don't worry. You could do it 500,000 times, on posts that aren't even breaking a rule, and you'd never get rude and condescending PMs from moderators on a power trip to attempt to put you in your place....after a warning that never happened. LULZ.

Benefits of being an alum I suppose!
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

My mistake - I had sent a PM earlier about it but apparently it didn't go through to you.
I'm looking in the boards logs and don't see it - so that's my bad.
But you've reported 15-20 posts in the last few days that aren't worth reporting - you're just reporting anything that isn't exactly on topic - even reporting posts on off topic and sattelite bored.

I didn't know whether to PM you or post it here since you just immediately went here.
I don't want to get into some sort of attention fight - just stop spamming the report button.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

There's a "Report" button?!

Cool!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

Every post I've reported has been shit talking or bullying. Totally unnecessary posts that aren't on topic AT ALL.

It's not spamming. You made the rules to the board. It appears you only want to enforce them on the people you don't like.

If you want the back and forth shit talking to stop then you and the mods need to do your part. It's not just on me and a few others to sit back and take it without responding....I was trying to help by hoping you'd deal with it, but that was a bad assumption on my part.

There are about 3-5 people who do nearly nothing but bully and shit talk other posters. I was under the impression that is not what this site was designed for. But I can adjust my behavior accordingly.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Did you guys know you have more bacterial cells in your body than there are human cells.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feral wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:22 am There's a "Report" button?!

Cool!
^^^

Never reported a single post.

And as far as I know, no one’s ever reported me.

(Except for that one time I posted a bunch of half donuts in PhD’s game day thread that got me banned from .net)
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Whining about not being able to whine.

I love this board.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:30 am Did you guys know you have more bacterial cells in your body than there are human cells.
Like gut bacteria and stuff?

Cuz I just had some killer locally brewed kombucha.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:41 am Whining about not being able to whine.

I love this board.
Nobody is really whining.

Seems a lot of people don't enjoy the 2-3 page bitch fests that you (and a few others) seek out from me (and a few others)....so rather than responding to your bullshit posts trying to make fun of me or bully me I used the report button for the last handful of days hoping that PDub or the other mods would say something like "hey, if you're just going to shit talk and bully, why not just put on ignore with the foe button since that's an easy option"...you know....like moderate the site. That way each thread doesn't turn into the same thing.

Plano, go thru your posting history. It's insane how little you ever post anything worthwhile or on topic. It's all bullying, shit talking, trying to start arguments, making fun of people....the history is right there to view. I'm not the only 1 that's noticed it...and frankly it's pathetic.
Deleted User 62

At least you took the high road and didn't try to provoke me.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hey illy, why not just put on ignore with the foe button since that's an easy option?
Deleted User 62

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:52 am Hey illy, why not just put on ignore with the foe button since that's an easy option?
POTD
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:50 am At least you took the high road and didn't try to provoke me.
Do you really think people are so stupid that the buy this? It's pretty obvious who provokes who and who seeks out who to start this crap.....

There's a reason it only occurs between select individuals.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:52 am Hey illy, why not just put on ignore with the foe button since that's an easy option?
Because I can read a Plano post and not respond. I can read posts that I think are stupid without logging in to tell that person how stupid I think they are.

He seems to have issues with EVERY SINGLE post I make that entices him to make a smart ass remark that's off topic and unnecessary in most instances.

Posting history is there for everyone to see. 95% of the time I'm trying to stay on topic and post relevant stuff/opinions. Some may think my opinion is stupid, but I'm usually trying to discuss whatever the topic at hand is.

Hasn't always been that way, but lately I've made the effort to stop engaging in the bullying and senseless arguing.

In an effort to get the mods to notice how frequent the behavior is of certain people I started reporting the posts that are strictly shit talking and off topic BS that's unnecessary. I will continue to do so and they can ban me for all I give a fuck.
Deleted User 62

Give it a rest already.