Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 89

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 89 »

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

For those with Netflix and interested in hearing an "interesting" perspective about the Earth, check out "Behind the Curve." I'm a scientist/teacher and I'm shocked at the people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZzsq40Bx2Y
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wtf why do shipping services randomly require a signature even though you never requested it?
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Was out and about on a BEAUTIFUL Spring day and wanted a Malnati's pizza (fast) so I went to Water Tower Place to buy a frozen one to take home.
Entire freaking place was closed for Easter. Not cool.
Decided to ride my bike and get a frozen pizza at Girodanos at Navy Pier. $17.95 + tax. I thought it would be under $20 including the tax. It wasn't. I had handed the woman a 20 dollar bill. She told me it's $20.02. Figured she might cut me a break on 2 cents. She didn't. I wasn't going to argue/beg. I handed her a 5 dollar bill. Unfortunately for her another woman starting using the cash register before she could see how much change she was supposed to give me back. She couldn't figure out the change for the life of her. I was kind at first. I told her 25 dollars minus 20 dollars and 2 cents equals 4 dollars and 98 cents. She looked at me as if I was reciting Shakespeare. She told the other girl I gave her 25 dollars and the other girl asked her how much the pizza was with tax. She told her 20 dollars and 2 cents.
That's right! The other girl was clueless too and looked as if she was trying to figure out an advanced calculus problem. I told her as well that my change should be 4 dollars and 98 cents. For some unknown reason she chose not to believe me. I shook my head, rolled my eyes, and stated once again - the change should be 4 dollars and 98 cents. The people behind me in line also told the both of them that my change should be 4 dollars and 98 cents. Me being me, I finally lost it but I started in a semi polite manner.
Gutter - "The both of you really can't do the math. I promise you it really is 4 dollars and 98 cents. I swear to God it is".
One of the two women - "Huh"?
Gutter - "Well, what are we going to do? Do you need to get your manager"?
The other woman - "I am the manager".
Gutter - "Really? Well, I'll tell you what. If and when you figure out that my change should be four dollars and 98 cents you are welcome to split it between the two of you - have a nice day".
And I started to walk away.
One of the two women - "Sir, we are not allowed to accept tips at the cash register" "Only servers are allowed to accept tips".
Gutter - "Ummmmm".
The person behind me - "Well, then don't consider it a tip. Consider it his donation so that the both of you can use it to put towards buying yourselves a 2nd grade education.
I laughed. Hard. Then walked away quickly.
Hope you're having a nice Easter!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

LOL

but for real wrong thread bro

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2388
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I was gonna bump the tourist thread for the standard issue “why do they make y’all work on Easter” question, when the answer is because of the guest asking. Y’all can’t not be consumers even for just a day.

I was also gonna bump the professionalism thread cuz it ended up having to be me who explains to the new girl that, no, our billionaire owner does NOT pay time and a half on holidays...I mean for real how you think he became a billionaire in the first place?
Deleted User 89

did you hit it yet?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Who, the owner?

Well I’m straight bro, but if that kind of money was involved, I might be willing to consider a lifestyle change...
Deleted User 89

gotta do what you gotta do

(but no, i was joking about the new girl ;) )
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Gutter wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:29 pm Was out and about on a BEAUTIFUL Spring day and wanted a Malnati's pizza (fast) so I went to Water Tower Place to buy a frozen one to take home.
Entire freaking place was closed for Easter. Not cool.
Decided to ride my bike and get a frozen pizza at Girodanos at Navy Pier. $17.95 + tax. I thought it would be under $20 including the tax. It wasn't. I had handed the woman a 20 dollar bill. She told me it's $20.02. Figured she might cut me a break on 2 cents. She didn't. I wasn't going to argue/beg. I handed her a 5 dollar bill. Unfortunately for her another woman starting using the cash register before she could see how much change she was supposed to give me back. She couldn't figure out the change for the life of her. I was kind at first. I told her 25 dollars minus 20 dollars and 2 cents equals 4 dollars and 98 cents. She looked at me as if I was reciting Shakespeare. She told the other girl I gave her 25 dollars and the other girl asked her how much the pizza was with tax. She told her 20 dollars and 2 cents.
That's right! The other girl was clueless too and looked as if she was trying to figure out an advanced calculus problem. I told her as well that my change should be 4 dollars and 98 cents. For some unknown reason she chose not to believe me. I shook my head, rolled my eyes, and stated once again - the change should be 4 dollars and 98 cents. The people behind me in line also told the both of them that my change should be 4 dollars and 98 cents. Me being me, I finally lost it but I started in a semi polite manner.
Gutter - "The both of you really can't do the math. I promise you it really is 4 dollars and 98 cents. I swear to God it is".
One of the two women - "Huh"?
Gutter - "Well, what are we going to do? Do you need to get your manager"?
The other woman - "I am the manager".
Gutter - "Really? Well, I'll tell you what. If and when you figure out that my change should be four dollars and 98 cents you are welcome to split it between the two of you - have a nice day".
And I started to walk away.
One of the two women - "Sir, we are not allowed to accept tips at the cash register" "Only servers are allowed to accept tips".
Gutter - "Ummmmm".
The person behind me - "Well, then don't consider it a tip. Consider it his donation so that the both of you can use it to put towards buying yourselves a 2nd grade education.
I laughed. Hard. Then walked away quickly.
Hope you're having a nice Easter!
JFC
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

"JFC"?
He was the reason I had to go to Giordano's.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Gutter wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:49 pm "JFC"?
He was the reason I had to go to Giordano's.
Well played sir.
Deleted User 89

Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Random note. There is a new high rise design theory (perhaps now in practice?) Of installing large water holding tanks on/near the top of the core of the structure to absorb the energy of an earthquake and dampen the building sway. These, of course, would be contained and not open top bodies of water. Interesting use of physics.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I see like that’s a principle similar to why trees with limbs sway, but bare trunks catapult
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Facebook expecting fines of up to $5 billion for being giant pieces of shit
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 pm Facebook expecting fines of up to $5 billion for being giant pieces of shit
And yet, FB stock was up 5.85% today despite the possible fine.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas