Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: Totally random thread

Post by TDub »

Because you could avoid the counterfeit paperwork and law involvement or whatever you were talking about.
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Well, I’m fairly certain it’s genuine.

And even if it’s not, I don’t know how far they would investigate “I just found it at the bottom of a lake.”

And I just get the feeling that even if it was a counterfeit, it would take a lot more than my situation.

Their form they make you sign basically says they may confiscate or destroy it, and stays vague about investigating. I feel like if they frequently did investigate, the policy would be a lot more direct about it, like WE GONE COME GETCHYO COUNTAFITTIN ASS!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Whoa, I didn’t mean for their enforcement department to sound like blackmild, that was a totally random coincidence.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

why don’t you you just contact them, explain the situation, and ask them if they’d still maintenance it?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:18 pm Well, I’m fairly certain it’s genuine.

And even if it’s not, I don’t know how far they would investigate “I just found it at the bottom of a lake.”

And I just get the feeling that even if it was a counterfeit, it would take a lot more than my situation.

Their form they make you sign basically says they may confiscate or destroy it, and stays vague about investigating. I feel like if they frequently did investigate, the policy would be a lot more direct about it, like WE GONE COME GETCHYO COUNTAFITTIN ASS!
They would simply toss it in the trash.
They are building value in the policy, nothing more.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:53 pm why don’t you you just contact them, explain the situation, and ask them if they’d still maintenance it?
Why bother? I figure they’ll maintenance it by just sending it in.

It’s not like they ask for a background story, or their service policy has a found-at-the-bottom-of-a-lake exemption, or even mentions you have to be the original owner or anything.

If they start asking, then I’ll explain, but either way it’s not like I have anything to loose.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:04 pm

They would simply toss it in the trash.
They are building value in the policy, nothing more.
Yeah, I can’t imagine they have like a yuge department with ton of resources devoted to cracking down on fake pocket knives.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Hurts just to think about...

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Geez, how many times has tj’s ex visited kc?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Is "found at the bottom of the lake" akin to "asking for a friend" :)

I think they might investigate that as a stolen item. Not implying anything, but what is to stop someone from sticking a stolen knife in a bucket-o'-mud for a couple of weeks and claiming that they "found it at the bottom of a lake"? It is highly unfortunate that you are naturally a suspect due to the acts of garden variety riff-raff.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

So, ship it back. If it's been reported as lost and they can find the guy who owns it, great. If not, you gotcherself a knife.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:44 am So, ship it back. If it's been reported as lost and they can find the guy who owns it, great. If not, you gotcherself a knife.
^^^

/thread
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Back some 40+ years ago the fastest guy on our high school track team was running around 11.3 100s. We naively thought he “only” needs to shave off about 0.5s for the State record and so on.....only!
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

R.I.P. Tim Conway, age 85. This clip of him is worth watching all the way through (5 minutes ).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3qqE_WmagjY
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lobster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:40 pm Some countries are now grounding the Boeing 737 Max 8 jets due to the two recent crashes at take off. I'm not an expert on what happened, but it's some kind of false alarm about stalling that makes the planes go into a nose dive position. I almost always fly Southwest and I read that they are the biggest US customer of the new 737 Max 8 jets. Boeing better figure out how to fix this problem.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features ... ced-safety
Deleted User 266

Post by Deleted User 266 »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Man so I randomly went camping and fishing with these middle school teachers...holy shit to those cats like to party!

No wonder they were all so crusty to smartass 7th grade ousdahl. Turns out they were hungover.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Does anybody ever wonder what Radiohead woulda been like had they stuck to guitar rock?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Nope. Radiohead is awful in any way, shape or form.
Just Ledoux it