Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 57

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Starting a diet today.
Was going to go for a 20 mile bike ride this morning but it's pitch black outside, rainy and foggy, and I am too lazy at the moment.
Thankfully I have taken 2 dumps already. Had about 20 onion rings and a large bag of Shred Pop for dinner last night and then a "theatre box" of Charleston Chews for desert. I know, I'm fucking nuts. Anyways, I dumped out the o-rings, p-corn, and C-Chews this morning and then a whole bunch of other food that was in me. Figure I lost at least a pound if not 2 pounds. If I don't achieve anything else today, I have lost weight and I plan to only eat a banana, yogurt, and cereal today.
-1 pound day 1.

In other news.......
Happy Columbus Day!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

fuck columbus

Happy Indigenous Peoples Day
Deleted User 57

The Chris Columbus story is right up there with telling kids about the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus.
That and telling/teaching kids about the Holocaust?
Ok, nothing funny about that.
What is kind of funny is that no one can tell me exactly how the "Indigenous" people came to/were in America - and have me believe them.
Who was the first person on this continent and how did he/she get here?
Deleted User 89

this is the most plausible hypothesis based on all the evidence available

The peopling of the Americas, scholars tend to agree, happened sometime in the past 25,000 years. In what might be called the standard view of events, a wave of big game hunters crossed into the New World from Siberia at the end of the last ice age, when the Bering Strait was a land bridge that had emerged after glaciers and continental ice sheets froze enough of the world’s water to lower sea level as much as 400 feet below what it is today.

The key question is precisely when the migration occurred. To be sure, there were constraints imposed by North America’s glacial history. Researchers suggest that it happened sometime after gradual warming began 25,000 years ago during the depths of the ice age, but well before a severe cold snap reversed the trend 12,900 years ago. Early in this window, when the weather was very cold, migration by boat was more likely because immense expanses of ice would have turned an overland journey into a nightmarish ordeal. Later, however, the ice receded, opening up plausible land bridges for trekkers coming across the Bering Strait.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science- ... 73/?page=2
Deleted User 89

but hey, let's continue to celebrate that other dude...

https://www.businessinsider.com/disease ... as-2015-10

(not a jab at you, gutter)
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It's OK PWhitt.

Vega's not here to judge your wokeness.

You can just relax a bit.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I wish we still had the kick feature.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:19 am but hey, let's continue to celebrate that other dude...

https://www.businessinsider.com/disease ... as-2015-10

(not a jab at you, gutter)
I like to celebrate the day by breaking into someone’s house and telling them I live there now.
Deleted User 89

and giving them syphilis
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

WHO TOLD YOU I HAVE SY...

I mean, good one tk! He he he!
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

I refuse to play the political correctness game. I also refuse to wish people a Happy Kwanza, or ask people their preferred pronouns when I meet them in case you were wondering.

Without Columbus none of us would be here enjoying the life we live today. Love him or hate him, he impacted all of us in some positive ways.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:44 pm I refuse to play the political correctness game. I also refuse to wish people a Happy Kwanza, or ask people their preferred pronouns when I meet them in case you were wondering.

Without Columbus none of us would be here enjoying the life we live today. Love him or hate him, he impacted all of us in some positive ways.
that’s totally whitewashing (pun intended) the fact that Columbus was also responsible for a mass genocide among the worst in history, but have it your way, ma’am.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:46 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:44 pm I refuse to play the political correctness game. I also refuse to wish people a Happy Kwanza, or ask people their preferred pronouns when I meet them in case you were wondering.

that’s totally whitewashing (pun intended) the fact that Columbus was also responsible for a mass genocide among the worst in history, but have it your way, ma’am.
Not denying that fact. The policy of separating illegal alien children from their families at the border was initiated during the Obama administration, but I'll bet you'd still proudly celebrate Barry Soetoro Day; the Kennedy brothers traded women like baseball cards and Teddy left one to drown, but you're probably still pretty high on them, too.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Jeez, don’t put that on me bro.

The only reason I like the Kennedys is cuz they were the inspiration for Mayor Quimby’s voice on The Simpsons.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:32 pm Jeez, don’t put that on me bro.

The only reason I like the Kennedys is cuz they were the inspiration for Mayor Quimby’s voice on The Simpsons.
Diamond Joe Quimby. Now THERE'S a man's man!
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Who?

Deleted User 57

Thought and still think this is pretty freaking kewl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP4h0zKaeLM
Deleted User 57

Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I saw TJ registered. Where is crimson&blue?
Deleted User 89

and Shirley