Totally random thread

Coffee talk.
Deleted User 62

Re: Totally random thread

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:33 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:32 pm Maybe you come out if it with a superpower.

Like, maybe the ability to see clothes people naked
Dude, I live in Kentucky.
My bad.

If you awaken with those powers, you are welcome to stay at my place in Palm Springs.
Your powers would come in handy there.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 8:35 pmThanks Tradie
actually meant to say something when you originally posted but must’ve gotten distracted

wife just had lasik. totally different procedure, obviously, but i’d imagine the emotions are similar.

most awkward thing was the instrument used to keep the eyes open and immobilized, but she said the valium helped. on both pre- and post-op eye drop schedule, but otherwise just rest and time
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

RIP Honey the Chicken. Big blonde girl. My kids favorite. The nicest. Always the nicest ones that die. she mustve partied too hard. Got whiskey bent and eggbound. Well. At least the eggbound part.
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 7:57 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:26 am Virectomy -- Seems I have to have one.
What?!? No sympathy here? They're gonna stick needles in my eyeball and suck out the goop and then refill it with synthetic goop. And I can't get a sorry 99, I feel for ya.
Sorry I missed this 99, but if it's dolomite, you, or Illi who authored the post, I usually skip over it...

I wish you didn't need to go through this. Do you know if you'll have to maintain a face down position after the surgery, and if so, for how long? 'Cause that would be a drag.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I don't think so. Doc said 2 to 3 days before I can look at a computer.
Defense. Rebounds.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

And you're comparing me to dolo and illy?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:59 pm And you're comparing me to dolo and illy?
Uh-oh
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Geez 99. Whatd you do?
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:54 pm Geez 99. Whatd you do?
I dunno. Musta been pretty bad.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 7:27 am
TDub wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:54 pm Geez 99. Whatd you do?
I dunno. Musta been pretty bad.
^^^
Anand Giridharadas
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

If you don't have to have the face-down position you have already won, situation considering! I had the opposite of your situation, where they don't fill back with synthetic goop. Instead they fill with SF6 gas (sulfur hexafluoride, for the benefit of the nerdy types - it's the same gas that is used to perform the trick where you half fill an aquarium, and float plastic boats). The body absorbs the gas gradually and replaces it with the vitreous fluid. Those ten-twelve days are literally torture. You get about 5 min/hr reprieve and you can bank two hours' worth. Emotionally very draining. Can't read, can't watch TV.....music and books on tape! 12 years later there is still a tiny bubble that shows up every few months. Very annoying.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

The Doc did not say anything about gas, he said synthetic fluid. He also did not say anything about face down afterwords. He said two days off work. He does the surgery on a Tuesday, then Wed and Thurs off work and I can return on Friday.

After reading this, I may skip it and deal with looking at floatie things.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:23 am The Doc did not say anything about gas, he said synthetic fluid. He also did not say anything about face down afterwords. He said two days off work. He does the surgery on a Tuesday, then Wed and Thurs off work and I can return on Friday.

Someone who used to hang out at .com, Copperhead, had a rather long, drawn out experience with floaters and what to do about them a year or two ago, and I'm not sure you want to go thru that if you can prevent them without too much effort now.

My former office mgr. had to maintain a facedown position for almost a month. I can't imagine.
Anand Giridharadas
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I've had the floaters since last August. In fact, that's how this started. I was driving back to Lexington after visiting my Mom in KC when I thought there was a wasp in the car. Turned out it was a floater. After a couple of days, I went to see an eye doc. He made an appointment with an eye surgeon and it turned out to be a torn retina.

They tried to do laser surgery in the office on the same day but they could not numb my eye enough. Super painful burning in my eye and could not keep from moving it. They scheduled surgery for the next morning. I've been seeing floaters ever since.

Eye surgeon dude seemed to make out this procedure as optional but no big deal. I'm starting to rethink my decision to have it done.
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

FWIW, I've had floaters for about 10 years; mostly small ones but an occasional dragon or albatross will show up unannounced. My eye doctor says my eyes are fine and that the floaters will dissolve. Her question to me was whether or not I can live with the surprises.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jhawks99 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:23 am The Doc did not say anything about gas, he said synthetic fluid. He also did not say anything about face down afterwords. He said two days off work. He does the surgery on a Tuesday, then Wed and Thurs off work and I can return on Friday.

Trust me, you'll be happy with the surgery. The synthetic is way better than the gas, but for some reason (maybe the laser treatment to fix retinal tear) I had to get the gas and the related face-down. I was fortunate then to have only had about 10-12 days' worth. Can't imagine a whole month!!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Still considering. I keep calling the lady who does the schedules and leaving voice mails. She returns the call to my home phone and not my cell phone that I keep leaving.

So, the choice is still up in the air.

Plus I'm a giant chicken when it comes to any medical stuff.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, I'm a chicken about that stuff too.

good luck to you, 99.

anyway so I randomly found this knife in the mud of a low reservoir. It's a Benchmade. I apparently can send it in for resharpening, but you have to sign this conterfeit acknowledgement thing. Like they reserve all rights if they even suspect it's counterfeit and will conduct destructive tests and may open investigations and get the law involved and shit.

all for a pocket knife?! whoa!

apparently there must be a lot of knockoffs around?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Why dont you just resharpen it yourself?
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

cuz my millennial ideology prohibits self-sufficiency and always prefers to sit back and let the rest of the world provide for me?

JK but for real, I would sharpen it, just like I do for my other knives, except the manufacturer offers to “clean, oil, adjust, and sharpen” the thing as a complimentary service. All it’ll cost me is some postage.

The action isn’t the smoothest, and the locking mechanism is hit or miss. It was buried in mud at the bottom of a lake, and now feels like it has some sediment still stuck in between the moving parts.

I’d take it apart and clean it myself, but I’m just a lazy entitled youngster, wait I mean they offer to do it and even say if anyone else takes it apart the warranty is voided.

So why not just let them?