Y’all tourists

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Y’all tourists

Post by ousdahl »

So I wanna do a hike on y’all’s trails...I see here on the trail map that this loop is about 3 miles. Is that right?

Yes sir!

And I also see that the green trails are easiest, blues are intermediate, and blacks are the steepest. Correct?

Yes sir!

And I saw that sign outside that says “trail starts here.” Is that where the trail starts?

Yes sir!

So if I wanted to do a hike that’s about 3 miles long and fairly easy, which one would y’all recommend and where would I start?

Good question sir, maybe we refer to the map...
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: Y’all tourists

Post by jhawks99 »

Is the trail wide enough for me to drive this here rented SUV on it?
Defense. Rebounds.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

"Native Colorado"
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

My favorite thread, ousdahl.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Leawood wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:43 pm "Native Colorado"
This
thekid6
Contributor

Post by thekid6 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:21 pm
Leawood wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:43 pm "Native Colorado"
This
Hey now!
Don't give up, don't ever give up. -Jimmy V
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Hi, we’re interested in y’all’s elk bugling tours, but saw they go out at 6am, why is that?

Well ma’am, the elk are the most active right at daybreak, so that’s when we go out with the tour.

Oh well we wanna do it but that’s too early for us...can’t y'all just have them come out a little later in the day?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

"Sure,I'll send them an email."
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

so we wanna go for a bike ride but we don’t wanna get all wet and muddy. What would y’all suggest?

Well sir, have you considered just not going for a bike ride in the rain?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

but for real this time of year gets perhaps the toughest question to answer:

“What do y’all think I should wear to be comfortable outside?”

sometimes it’s as simple as, well since it’s raining out have you considered a rain jacket?

But people still expect us to know not only what the weather is gonna do over the course of the day, but also know exactly what comfort levels they personally prefer.

I suggest layers. Waterproof shell, hat and gloves, and sunglasses. You can always take it off.

Nevertheless, we still get people bitching like, well why didn’t y’all tell us it was gonna be rainy, then snowy, then clear up and be sunny? Well the weather’s changing, why didn’t y’all tell me we should take our jacket off if we’re warm? Now I gotta carry my jacket around, I’m just gonna lay it on the ground. Well now the weather’s turning foul again, why’d y’all tell me to leave my jacket over on the other side of the river?
Deleted User 62

Maybe you should look for a job that doesn't require you to be of service.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

take it to the professionalism thread bro.
Deleted User 62

Touch a nerve?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Ha, no, you’re cool.

Actually I been thinking about it a lot. Wouldn’t mind a change of scenery, career wise.

Or if I stick to the fly fishing industry, at least find some role where I don’t have to babysit so many high-maintenance guests.

Like for real bro I mean sir, do you really need somebody to tell you to wear a fucking jacket when it’s cold out?

But hey, the tips are good, so I’ll accommodate.

Besides, it’s not the guests at this place that get to me, so much as the management.

Man I really need to just let lose a rant in the professionalism thread.
Deleted User 62

Anyone that works in retail gets the dumb questions.

But every person that takes the time to come through that door has your paycheck in their pocket.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

"Can I get eggs Benedict with no butter and extra hollandaise?"
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 57

Post by Deleted User 57 »

Even though I don't work in retail and/or am not customer service guy, I get asked some good (and/or bad) questions.
Best question I was asked last week was after a "known" investment "professional" commented on the green roofs (https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/d ... roofs.html) he then asked me where the marijuana was on our 8th floor canopy "rooftop" and how does he get down (yes, the 8th floor is down and visible from our reception area) there.
How do you answer that when you are nothing more than a peon and are not sure if he's being serious - which he seemed to be - being that he said it with a straight face?

On another semi-related (to the thread) note, we had a woman in our office from NYC who landed about an hour earlier and told me it was her first time in Chicago. She followed that up with a, "I didn't realize it was so hot in Chicago". I told her it was unusually warm (88 degrees) and that it was supposed to cool down (60 degrees for a high in the day time) tomorrow. She looked at me as if I told her the sky was yellow and the sun was blue. My guess is if she was only in Chicago "tomorrow" she would have said, "I didn't realize it's so cold in Chicago".
This is/was a supposedly intelligent woman who was seemingly having trouble comprehending that the temperature fluctuates in the Fall (and other seasons) in Chicago.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

No Courtney, booking an 8am ski lesson on New Year’s Day doesn’t mean a fresh start, it just means you’re a high maintenance looser who didn’t get kissed last night.

but for real, what are y’all up to this evenin?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Will y’all let us pay for our ski lesson with a gift card?

Of course, sir. Do you have the card handy?

Here y’all go.

Uhhh...I’m sorry sir, but you can’t pay with that gift card.

Whaddyall mean? I think y’all said we could?

Well sir, I thought you meant a gift card to our resort. This is a gift card to Texas Roadhouse.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Fuck. Do it. Then you don't have to eat lunch at work anymore.