Y’all tourists

Coffee talk.
NewtonHawk11

Re: Y’all tourists

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:47 pm Will y’all let us pay for our ski lesson with a gift card?

Of course, sir. Do you have the card handy?

Here y’all go.

Uhhh...I’m sorry sir, but you can’t pay with that gift card.

Whaddyall mean? I think y’all said we could?

Well sir, I thought you meant a gift card to our resort. This is a gift card to Texas Roadhouse.
Lies.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:47 pm Will y’all let us pay for our ski lesson with a gift card?

Of course, sir. Do you have the card handy?

Here y’all go.

Uhhh...I’m sorry sir, but you can’t pay with that gift card.

Whaddyall mean? I think y’all said we could?

Well sir, I thought you meant a gift card to our resort. This is a gift card to Texas Roadhouse.

No way. I call bs
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Ssshhh...he thinks we are interested in this stuff.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Okay, it’s wasnt Texas Roadhouse. It was some other place I hadn’t heard of.

They were a little pushy at first, but when I showed them it wasn’t a gift card to our place, they were a little embarrassed, and we all giggled. Apparently they just had their cards and or places mixed up.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 pm Ssshhh...he thinks we are interested in this stuff.
Are y’all not entertained?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

The real question we want to know is were they residents of Texas or California?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I doubt Californians have to go to Colorado in order to go to the mountains.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

California?

What part of Texas is that?
Deleted User 62

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

LOL

(Some broseph trying to be a hot shot walks up to the chick at the counter)

Hey there lady, I wanted yall to have this. *hands trail map*

Oh thank you sir! I’ll put it back with the other trail maps.

Actually, I want you personally to have this one. *points to his number written on trail map* I rented a suite for the week, and I’d be pleased to have y’all stop by later...

Ohhh...well thanks, I could give you a call and stop by later! But btw just so you know, I’m 17...

guy:

kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

Now that’s funny.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 62

Kinda cunty
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

omg gonna be one of those days. Stay tuned!

“Hi, we know that y’all don’t open for another 45 minutes, but we’re HARDCORE skiers, so just to prove how HARDCORE we are, could y’all let us in to buy our passes early? Y’know, so we can get out and ski HARD.

umm sure, please just give me a minute to get the registers going...aaand here’s your passes. Anything else, sir?

Yeah, since it’s still so chilly out this mornin, do y’all mind if we just hang out in the shop and kill time for the next little while til it warms up?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Sometimes this job is an interesting socio-economic study, both ways.

“Hey so we drove all the way up from Ft. Worth for a ski vacation with y’all, and we’re super broke on a shoestring budget, and we might not even have enough gas money to get back unless y’all hook us up a deal on some passes. So what can y’all do for us?”

(umm we can suggest y’all don’t blow your money on a ski vacation in the first place?)

There’s also rich folks who seem to treat spending money like it’s a hobby in itself.

One lady who came in like OMG I NEED NEW SKI BOOTS! I GOT MY CURRENT BOOTS TWO WHOLE MONTHS AGO BUT IM READY FOR NEW ONES SO LEMME TRY YALLS MOST EXPENSIVE PAIRS! So I get her the most expensive pairs, and she tries a few on then says she wants to compare them to her current ones.

She goes out to her car to get them, then tries on her current boot on one foot and the new boot on the other. She’s commenting how she’s so ready to buy but can’t tell which is more comfortable, when I notice, um ma’am, you’re trying on the exact same boots you already own.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and the hits keep on comin!

“So we wanna be able to say we did a black (expert) trail, but we just don’t wanna have to do anything steep.

Could y’all recommend a black trail that’s not that difficult?”
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

There's the famous Bourdain line, "I'll have the fish with no butter, extra bearnaise."
Defense. Rebounds.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:56 pm Could y’all recommend a black trail that’s not that difficult?”
"Two Big Macs, Super Size Fries and a Diet Coke" - What a country!!

Was your answer: "Sure, they would be the ones marked by a green circle"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Snow day gems!

(Yesterday, in the middle of a blizzard)

Why aren’t y’all grooming the ski trails out there?

Actually sir, we are. It’s just snowing so hard that by the time the grooming machines finish a trail, the tracks are already covered again in fresh snow.

Can’t yall tell the groomers to groom faster?

Sir, please understand we have our groomers working as fast as we can given the conditions.

Well this ain’t acceptable! We paid good money for trail passes and we can’t even see no groomed tracks! Heck, visibility is so low we can’t even see 100 feet ahead of us!

Sorry sir, but please understand the heavy snow and low visibility is precisely the reason the groomers can’t work faster.

Well what can y’all do to improve conditions for us?

Well sir, if we could get it to stop blizzarding for you, we would.

Well, why don’t y’all?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

(Then today, with a foot and a half of snow on the ground)

Why ain’t y’all’s ice skating rink cleared?

Well ma’am, sorry but we had a blizzard yesterday and we haven’t had a chance to get staff out there to clear the rink. (Okay the lack of staffing is another story for the professionalism thread)

That ain’t acceptable! Our family came all the way up here from Fort Worth just to skate on yalls rink! Get somebody out there and clear the rink NOW!

Are you sure your family wouldn’t prefer to just ski? Conditions are fantastic today, and tell you what, for the ice rink inconvenience I’ll just comp you passes and rentals for the afternoon.

NO! WE WANNA SKATE ON YALLS RINK!

So I go out there with a shovel and start clearing a foot and a half of snow off a rink.

They stand on the edge of the rink frowning at me.

Once about 20 square feet is cleared, dad announces it’s time to skate! But first they need to put the skates on.

How do y’all put these things on?

Umm just lace them up and tie them like any other boot or shoe.

Well we’re not sure how, can y’all help us?

So the skates are on, and the kids are shuffling and faceplanting on the little bit of open rink , while I hustle to clear more.

Suddenly mom gets a heart of gold: “why are y’all working so hard to shovel all this snow? I hope y’all didn’t do this in such a hurry just for us!”

Finally, after a backbreaking hour, the rink is clear, at which point the kids announce, “ice skating is lame. Let’s go ski instead!”