Annoying Stuff Part 2

Ugh.
imzcount

Annoying Stuff Part 2

Post by imzcount »

I get a reprimand for making a joke, and nothing happens to the folks mocking me on the forums I'm not welcomed in.

Typical.

This is why Trump is winning.
defixione
Contributor

Re: Annoying Stuff Part 2

Post by defixione »

Chiknbut was right. He called it.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

What exactly did chicken butt call?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Here's how you can tell the difference between joking and just being a dick...

If most everyone else thinks you're comment was funny then you were joking.

If yoi are the only one who thinks it is funny then you are just being a dick and finding it funny.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

defixione wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:37 pm Chiknbut was right. He called it.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

LOL.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:30 am Here's how you can tell the difference between joking and just being a dick...

A sensation I'm sure you've never experienced.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:43 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:30 am Here's how you can tell the difference between joking and just being a dick...

A sensation I'm sure you've never experienced.
LOL.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I freely admit to being an asshole from time to time. I just don't lie and try to pass it off as " I was just joking". I also freely admit to my weaknesses and my knowledge gaps, something the national discourse would benefit from tremendously if a larger chunk of both sides of the aisle would fess up to.

Lying really has become a plague in this country. So many people simply lie to cover their laziness, their knowledge gaps and their discomfort with sharing their fundamental lack of empathy.

I would have so much more respect for people if they were simply honest.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:58 am I would have so much more respect for people if they were simply honest.
Agreed. Like dropping the "I believe he raped her" and "He is temperamentally unfit for the Supreme Court" charades and just saying "I really don't want a conservative swing vote in the SCOTUS because it threatens the way I like things."

I wouldn't agree with it, but I would at least respect the honesty.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:55 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:58 am I would have so much more respect for people if they were simply honest.
Agreed. Like dropping the "I believe he raped her" and "He is temperamentally unfit for the Supreme Court" charades and just saying "I really don't want a conservative swing vote in the SCOTUS because it threatens the way I like things."

I see what you're trying to do. I agree with point 1 but disagree with point 2. His temperment and more specifically his lying under oath are valid questions as to whether or not he is worthy of being a life long member of the Supreme Court.

If a person cannot keep their cool even when dealing with insane or wasted criminals then they shouldn't be a police officer.

If people cannot hold their lunch down when they deal with gore and carnage then they shouldn't be EMTs or emergency room docs/nurses.

If he cannot control his temper, resist the urge to assume bias and tell the truth when faced with a challenging and stressful situation then he does not seem to be fit to handle the rigors of being a Supreme Court justice. The job is constantlt challenging and stressful.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

This SCOTUS process has been a travesty from the beginning when the GOP tried to ram home an under-vetted candidate. This whole thing has been an international embarrassment, but at least it showed everyone what a poor choice Kavanaugh is. There are far, far better choices out there who would still turn the court conservative but at least perform their duties in an honorable fashion.

Kavanaugh will serve the next 20-plus years on the highest court in the land. This is the punishment America faces for failing to turn out to vote. We're just going to have to deal with it.

Maxine Waters, cowboy hats and all.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:24 am

I see what you're trying to do. I agree with point 1 but disagree with point 2. His temperment and more specifically his lying under oath are valid questions as to whether or not he is worthy of being a life long member of the Supreme Court.

If a person cannot keep their cool even when dealing with insane or wasted criminals then they shouldn't be a police officer.

If people cannot hold their lunch down when they deal with gore and carnage then they shouldn't be EMTs or emergency room docs/nurses.

If he cannot control his temper, resist the urge to assume bias and tell the truth when faced with a challenging and stressful situation then he does not seem to be fit to handle the rigors of being a Supreme Court justice. The job is constantlt challenging and stressful.
It seems that Kavanaugh was encouraged by supporters to be "combative" after his less than convincing interview on Fox. Clarence Thomas was "combative" so why the double standard? We gave Clarence Thomas a chance, why not Kavanaugh? Supreme court judges CAN be impeached if their performance is not up to standard.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Like I said, if you decide to be honest with yourself and others, I will respect it.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:44 am Kavanaugh will serve the next 20-plus years on the highest court in the land.We're just going to have to deal with it.
And it's gonna be GLORIOUS!
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Judge Kavanaugh is going to be relegated to Bureau of Land Management and Indian reservation opinions. The swing vote now will be the Chief Justice.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

If he cannot control his temper, resist the urge to assume bias and tell the truth when faced with a challenging and stressful situation then he does not seem to be fit to handle the rigors of being a Supreme Court justice.

This is, by far, the dumbest fucking talking point of them all.

Judges are allowed to be angry and to assume bias. And they're also allowed to recuse themselves -- an option Kavanaugh didn't, have been accused of being a serial gang rapist.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Like I said, if you decide to be honest with yourself and others, I will respect it.
I would certainly rather we be in a cycle where a Dem Pres was nominating left leaning justices but that's not the cycle we are in. Maybe 20 years from now we will be in a diffetent cycle.

I would have no problem with this nomination if the issues I have with Kavanaugh did not exist and that can be proven by the fact that I made zero statements here against the fitness of Neil Gorsuch to be a Supreme Court Justice. His nomination process and testimony gave me no reason to doubt he could do the job in an appropriate manner, regardless of whether I agree with the decisions he makes.

You can continue go call me a liar all you want but everything I have stated here has been consistent in this manner. Since you are so quick to write off any claims tbat are uncorroborated, you'll need to let your uncorroborated claims about me on this go.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:38 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:04 pm

I would certainly rather we be in a cycle where a Dem Pres was nominating left leaning justices but that's not the cycle we are in. Maybe 20 years from now we will be in a diffetent cycle.

I would have no problem with this nomination if the issues I have with Kavanaugh did not exist and that can be proven by the fact that I made zero statements here against the fitness of Neil Gorsuch to be a Supreme Court Justice. His nomination process and testimony gave me no reason to doubt he could do the job in an appropriate manner, regardless of whether I agree with the decisions he makes.

You can continue go call me a liar all you want but everything I have stated here has been consistent in this manner. Since you are so quick to write off any claims tbat are uncorroborated, you'll need to let your uncorroborated claims about me on this go.
I didn't call you a liar; I said I didn't believe you on this issue. There is a difference.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Well that's one "alternative facts" way to word it.