i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Ugh.
ousdahl

Re: i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Post by ousdahl »

whoa, interesting points. Thanks for talking me back down.

1. politically? perhaps. Is there any sort of data or analysis that confirms it's a loosing effort? Is that perhaps why Pelosi has pumped the brakes all along?

And ethically? that's more debatable. How do you mean? cuz there are also plenty of arguments out there that this sort of executive behavior is exactly why the founding fathers established checks and balances in the first place.

2. that's an interesting way to think about it. One could just as easily argue, using the same logic, that the people voted in a demonrat congress to investigate potus, his tax returns, et al. but as a whole I agree that the Merican voters deserve this, good and hard.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Mjl wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 pm The subpoena is messed up on multiple levels.
1. The obsession with trying to nail Trump with something is obnoxious and is a losing cause both politically and ethically as a representative of the people.
2. People voted for someone for POTUS that was unwilling to release his tax returns.
Benghazi. Except this time there's actually smoke.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What would the reaction be if Hillary blew off hearings and subpoenas?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

ousdahl wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 am What would the reaction be if Hillary blew off hearings and subpoenas?
I don't think she would blow off the hearings and subpoenas but she would just lie, not recall or act dumb, and nothing would come of it. Kinda like the Benghazi and email hearings. (What, wipe my server clean? You mean with a cloth? LOL
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

jhawks99 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 9:27 am
Mjl wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 10:57 pm The subpoena is messed up on multiple levels.
1. The obsession with trying to nail Trump with something is obnoxious and is a losing cause both politically and ethically as a representative of the people.
2. People voted for someone for POTUS that was unwilling to release his tax returns.
Benghazi. Except this time there's actually smoke.
Right. It was a disservice to the people to spend all that time and money on Benghazi, just like the time and money wasting to try, what, to make Mike Pence POTUS?
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Nowhere did I say I wanted to swap a criminal for a lunatic.
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

now we're investigating the investigating!

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/ ... ns-1319878
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

How can the FBI be accused of illegal spying when spying is what they do?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Weaponizing an Attorney General.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:39 am How can the FBI be accused of illegal spying when spying is what they do?
Comey called it an investigation, but then again what does he know. Watching him in interviews seems like he answers every question "I don't know", "I don't know", "I don't know". LOL
Pretty soon it will be illegal to spy legally on another political party. Just don't break into a hotel room like Watergate.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

DP
Last edited by defixione on Tue May 14, 2019 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Let's see how Trump answers the questions directed at him. Oh, wait, he's refusing to be questioned and not allowing his associates to be questioned. Hmmm. What's he hiding?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

It will be interesting to see how/who initiated the Russia probe. Barr appoints prosecutor to get to the bottom of it. Dems getting nervous. Tide turning.
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

The Australian ambassador started the whole thing.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

dolomite wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm
defixione wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 11:39 am How can the FBI be accused of illegal spying when spying is what they do?
Comey called it an investigation, but then again what does he know. Watching him in interviews seems like he answers every question "I don't know", "I don't know", "I don't know". LOL
Pretty soon it will be illegal to spy legally on another political party. Just don't break into a hotel room like Watergate.
Ignorant hypocrite much?

Special counsel Robert Mueller's final report, released Thursday, said that in response to questions President Donald Trump said on "30 occasions" in written answers that he "didn't recall or remember" an answer.

They didn't break into a "hotel room", they broke into the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters in the Watergate complex, which includes a "hotel".
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Feral wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:46 am
Ignorant hypocrite much?

Special counsel Robert Mueller's final report, released Thursday, said that in response to questions President Donald Trump said on "30 occasions" in written answers that he "didn't recall or remember" an answer.

They didn't break into a "hotel room", they broke into the Democratic National Committee (DNC) headquarters in the Watergate complex, which includes a "hotel".
Flailing
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

dolomite wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:57 am
Ignorant hypocrite much?

Flailing
Uninformed.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Ignorant hypocrite much?

Flailing
^^^

Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Ignorant hypocrite much?

Flailing
Typical response of the breed