i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Ugh.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: i wonder what Robert Mueller is thinking

Post by jhawks99 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:42 am Seek help DC.

I just spent some time taking a political ideology quiz...

55% republican
54% libertarian
50% constitution
50% democratic

My "star" was on the right edge of the "centrist" section of the grid/spectrum.

#hardright
So, math was not part of the quiz?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:26 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:42 am Seek help DC.

I just spent some time taking a political ideology quiz...

55% republican
54% libertarian
50% constitution
50% democratic

My "star" was on the right edge of the "centrist" section of the grid/spectrum.

#hardright
So, math was not part of the quiz?
I didn't quite understand the breakdowns either.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

uhhh...

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/23/68782179 ... ng-threats

President Trump's former personal attorney Michael Cohen has postponed the public testimony he planned to give next month to the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, citing "threats" from Trump...
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

there’s a Queen lyric/song that seems rather apt...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1137804, Mueller is now the Beria of America

Not a witch hunt?
The power wielded by police and prosecutors is immense. We have to remember that all it takes is one raid on a home or a business, one high profile arrest, or an indictment that’s announced on the steps of a courthouse, and a person’s life can be changed forever. Reputation gone. Jobs gone. Friends gone. And that’s even before one gets the opportunity to defend himself in a court of law. And once you find out how much it’s going to cost you to defend yourself in a court these days, you’ll find that you’re facing financial ruin. Retirement savings gone. Children’s college fund gone. And, most likely, house gone.
https://www.cato.org/policy-report/janu ... everything
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The. Best. People.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:52 am https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1137804, Mueller is now the Beria of America

Not a witch hunt?
The power wielded by police and prosecutors is immense. We have to remember that all it takes is one raid on a home or a business, one high profile arrest, or an indictment that’s announced on the steps of a courthouse, and a person’s life can be changed forever. Reputation gone. Jobs gone. Friends gone. And that’s even before one gets the opportunity to defend himself in a court of law. And once you find out how much it’s going to cost you to defend yourself in a court these days, you’ll find that you’re facing financial ruin. Retirement savings gone. Children’s college fund gone. And, most likely, house gone.
https://www.cato.org/policy-report/janu ... everything
Roger Stone would be sitting at home, enjoying a cup of coffee and watching the news if he chose not to lie to Congress and coerce another witness. You can paint him as some innocent collateral damage all you but it doesn't make it true.

He chose his actions and knew full well the consequences of the actions he chose.
Deleted User 75

Seems like there is about 1 leak by an unnamed source every day to make sure the left stays lathered into a frenzy.

How are so many leaks continuing to happen by people "close to the investigation" but can't be named because they'd get in trouble? Seems like some people within the investigation have an agenda.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

An agenda? To arrest the bad guys?
Defense. Rebounds.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

All is fair in love, war, and politics.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:23 am Seems like there is about 1 leak by an unnamed source every day to make sure the left stays lathered into a frenzy.

How are so many leaks continuing to happen by people "close to the investigation" but can't be named because they'd get in trouble? Seems like some people within the investigation have an agenda.
Where must a person's priorities lie when they're more concerned about someone "within the investigation" having "an agenda" while ignoring the fact that Trump's campaign chairman, Trump's personal attorney, Trump's National Security Advisor, Trump's deputy campaign manager, and Trump's foreign policy advisor have all pled guilty, as part of "the investigation".

In addition, Trump's longest serving political adviser and his transition team's congressional liaison have been indicted.

So, let's hope that "some people within the investigation have an agenda", an agenda to keep our country free of people in power who might abuse that power or lie in an effort to obstruct an investigation into possible foreign influence at the highest levels of our government.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

jhawks99 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:28 am An agenda? To arrest the bad guys?
That's not an agenda, that's their job.

Leaking info to the media as "unnamed sources" to create a frenzy is an agenda.
Deleted User 75

Feral wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:57 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:23 am Seems like there is about 1 leak by an unnamed source every day to make sure the left stays lathered into a frenzy.

Where must a person's priorities lie when they're more concerned about someone "within the investigation" having "an agenda" while ignoring the fact that Trump's campaign chairman, Trump's personal attorney, Trump's National Security Advisor, Trump's deputy campaign manager, and Trump's foreign policy advisor have all pled guilty, as part of "the investigation".

In addition, Trump's longest serving political adviser and his transition team's congressional liaison have been indicted.

So, let's hope that "some people within the investigation have an agenda", an agenda to keep our country free of people in power who might abuse that power or lie in an effort to obstruct an investigation into possible foreign influence at the highest levels of our government.
You know, it is possible to be concerned with both aspects, right?

JFC 3 paragraphs becase I think it's inappropriate that there are daily leaks from inside the investigation by "unnamed sources"?.....grab the pitchforks!!!
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Aren't the leaks leading to guilty pleas though?

I mean I'd rather have leaks that lead to guilty pleas, compared to nothing happening at all. Regardless of which side this is happening to.

Most politicians are all sleezy, regardless of what side of the aisle. But this administration as taken it to a whole different level.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

More process crimes.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:25 am
Most politicians are all sleezy, regardless of what side of the aisle.
Agreed.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:47 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:25 am
Most politicians are all sleezy, regardless of what side of the aisle.
Agreed.
https://www.google.com/search?q=the+lef ... XX5oItPp6M:
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Very interesting that the CNN news team knew beforehand about the arrest of Stone.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/politics ... index.html
Taylor Sheridan