NBC and their white privilege nonsense

Ugh.
Deleted User 104

NBC and their white privilege nonsense

Post by Deleted User 104 »

NBC News made another stupid video, like MTV sometimes has in the past.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpfM9ryU2EQ

Keep up this kind of crap and watch more and more people not want to vote democrat.
HouseDivided

Re: NBC and their white privilege nonsense

Post by HouseDivided »

This is why I don't watch network TV. It is intentionally insulting and defamatory.

It is also how we end up with people who can't think rationally and only know how to respond with tears and violence when they don't get their way.

Propaganda is powerful.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

that it bothers you so, probably says more about you
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:49 pm that it bothers you so, probably says more about you
I don't know which of us you are responding to, but in my case, it doesn't bother me so much as it insults my intelligence. It is beyond the limits of credulity.

It is essentially why we see idiocy like this in the news almost daily:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/36824/wa ... ly-zanotti

"Leftists had a rough day Saturday as the Senate voted to confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to the nation's highest court, and for the most part, they didn't hide their despair. With Handmaids on Capitol Hill and protesters on the National Mall, leftists turned downtown Washington, D.C. into a massive, ongoing temper tantrum.

But perhaps no incident better expressed the protesters' tenuous hold on sanity than a demonstration at the Supreme Court, where protesters — mostly women — broke through a police line and barged to the Court's chamber, where they proceeded to wail, gnash teeth, and pound at the doors while Kavanaugh was being sworn in inside.

Some of the protesters, who managed to get all the way through to the doors themselves, tried desperately to claw their way in, even though the doors were clearly locked (and look very heavy).

It took some time for them to give up. It may take them much longer to regain their sanity."
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

HouseDivided wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:51 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:49 pm that it bothers you so, probably says more about you
I don't know which of us you are responding to, but in my case, it doesn't bother me so much as it insults my intelligence. It is beyond the limits of credulity.

It is essentially why we see idiocy like this in the news almost daily:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/36824/wa ... ly-zanotti

"Leftists had a rough day Saturday as the Senate voted to confirm Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh to the nation's highest court, and for the most part, they didn't hide their despair. With Handmaids on Capitol Hill and protesters on the National Mall, leftists turned downtown Washington, D.C. into a massive, ongoing temper tantrum.

But perhaps no incident better expressed the protesters' tenuous hold on sanity than a demonstration at the Supreme Court, where protesters — mostly women — broke through a police line and barged to the Court's chamber, where they proceeded to wail, gnash teeth, and pound at the doors while Kavanaugh was being sworn in inside.

Some of the protesters, who managed to get all the way through to the doors themselves, tried desperately to claw their way in, even though the doors were clearly locked (and look very heavy).

It took some time for them to give up. It may take them much longer to regain their sanity."
This too shall pass. Much like "occupy wall street" and the anti-Trump protests. I've noticed protests usually die down when the weather turns nasty or it gets dark, or when the payola stops. (shows how dedicated they are, lol).
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 104

If we use this logic, what does it say about everyone who is bothered by Trump?

I'm just trying to point out the areas where the left needs to distance themselves from so that they can focus on the real problems.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

lobster wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:44 pm

I'm just trying to point out the areas where the left needs to distance themselves from so that they can focus on the real problems.
Help everyone out.

What are the REAL problems?

Follow up. What is the GOP doing to lessen said problems?
Deleted User 104

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Help everyone out.

Some real problems:

-Economy is poor / lack of good jobs
-Health insurance / health care is too expensive and not good
-Religious nuts trying to change laws
-Big corporations out of control, etc.

My main point is, if the left would stop complaining about these silly issues like "patriarchy", "white privilege," etc., the attention would naturally switched to focus on the real issues. And in addition, there's plenty of equally crazy nuts on the far right that would be focused on if the left would shut up.

What has the GOP done?
-They have done some good in removing our military from some places we have no business being involved in.
-The tax cuts are actually a good thing, but it's not enough unfortunately.
-The removal of the mandate for health insurance was a positive.

There's been plenty of negatives too, like the attempt to remove net neutrality, and many others. The point is, try to see the issues more than which team you are on.
Deleted User 62

Name a few places that we have removed our military from.

Tell me who exactly is reaping the benefits of the tax cuts.

You say access to health care is an issue..then follow up with stating that removing the mandate to require it was a good thing. Please tell me that you are not relying on the "good faith" insurance provision.
Deleted User 104

1. I'll answer your first question when I have more time to write and provide links.

2. I benefited from them, and so did my family. Not a huge difference in pay, but it is appreciated.

3. The mandate is not the same as insurance coverage. Insurers cannot deny people coverage. However, it is still way too expensive. I would say that private health care is fine for the wealthy, but terrible for most. We need a real single payer system in America, like every other country. But we also need to clean up our government waste. People who argue our government is too incompetent to run a health care system do you have a point. But that shouldn't stop us from doing what other countries do well.

A nice little video on why white privilege is b.s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDggKqt3KA
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

lobster wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:59 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Help everyone out.

Some real problems:

-Economy is poor / lack of good jobs
-Health insurance / health care is too expensive and not good
-Religious nuts trying to change laws
-Big corporations out of control, etc.

My main point is, if the left would stop complaining about these silly issues like "patriarchy", "white privilege," etc., the attention would naturally switched to focus on the real issues. And in addition, there's plenty of equally crazy nuts on the far right that would be focused on if the left would shut up.

What has the GOP done?
-They have done some good in removing our military from some places we have no business being involved in.
-The tax cuts are actually a good thing, but it's not enough unfortunately.
-The removal of the mandate for health insurance was a positive.

There's been plenty of negatives too, like the attempt to remove net neutrality, and many others. The point is, try to see the issues more than which team you are on.
The tax cuts are not a good thing. They are a heroin fix for the middle to lower class American; feels real good right now but the addiction to them is permanent and the withdrawal from them will suck. These tax breaks are nothing more than a national debt-financed purchase of votes and a get rich quick scheme for the big corporations that you already mentioned were out of control prior to this windfall.

The removal of the mandate for health insurance hasn't made one bit of difference to my health insurance premiums. Maybe it's helping someone but it's not helping me or anyone I work with.
Deleted User 62

lobster wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:25 pm 1. I'll answer your first question when I have more time to write and provide links.

2. I benefited from them, and so did my family. Not a huge difference in pay, but it is appreciated.

Do you understand that those Bill's WILL come due? And the repercussions of it will far offset the few hundred bucks that you are clearly enjoying?

Pro tip: They kick in right after the 2020 election.

3. The mandate is not the same as insurance coverage. Insurers cannot deny people coverage. However, it is still way too expensive. I would say that private health care is fine for the wealthy, but terrible for most. We need a real single payer system in America, like every other country. But we also need to clean up our government waste. People who argue our government is too incompetent to run a health care system do you have a point. But that shouldn't stop us from doing what other countries do well.

Do you realize that the reason health care in the US is so expensive is largely due to the money spent on lobbying?

A nice little video on why white privilege is b.s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDggKqt3KA
Deleted User 104

"Do you realize that the reason health care in the US is so expensive is largely due to the money spent on lobbying?"

Yes, that's one of the reasons. I don't know why we're arguing about this because I'm not disagreeing with you and we seem to be on the same page in terms of health care.

"The removal of the mandate for health insurance hasn't made one bit of difference to my health insurance premiums. Maybe it's helping someone but it's not helping me or anyone I work with."

That's kind of my point. It hasn't changed all that much. Still, I am not arguing for this nightmare system we have. For profit just cannot work for most people when it comes to health care, police, etc.

Yes, the cuts are going to expire. But that could be changed. Taxes on small businesses are too high. We should be taxing the fuck out of Wal Mart and Amazon.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

lobster wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:21 pm We should be taxing the fuck out of Wal Mart and Amazon.
is this an issue that most voters on both sides can agree upon?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Who got the biggest tax cuts?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:10 pm
lobster wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:21 pm We should be taxing the fuck out of Wal Mart and Amazon.
Not me.

Corporations don't pay taxes.

Their customers do.

This is about as basic as it gets.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:55 pm Who got the biggest tax cuts?
The people paying the most taxes.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

If you had just stopped at Corporations don't pay taxes, I could agree with you.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:10 pm
Geezer wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:55 pm Who got the biggest tax cuts?
The people paying the most taxes.
Pity the rich victims of evil government.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:09 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:10 pm
Not me.

Corporations don't pay taxes.

Their customers do.

This is about as basic as it gets.
Many economists wouldn't agree with that.

How does it even make sense? That wouldn't mean companies charge more as they become more profitable to account for marginal tax rates. That's not what happens because the market generally sets the price, not the profit margin.