“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Re: Pocahontas takes DNA test

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:00 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:57 pm
defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 pm

You are correct. I don't think percentage was ever the issue.
Meh. There has to be a threshold or standard. All of us are a little bit of just about everything, but that doesn’t mean we can claim minority status for hiring preference.
We can claim anything we want to claim. The onus is on the University or any other organization that would accept a claim without proof.
I disagree. It speaks volumes to the character of someone who would knowingly make those claims.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Kind of like Kavanaugh's claims.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:43 pm

You are correct. I don't think percentage was ever the issue.
Meh. There has to be a threshold or standard. All of us are a little bit of just about everything, but that doesn’t mean we can claim minority status for hiring preference.
We can claim anything we want to claim. The onus is on the University or any other organization that would accept a claim without proof.
So, if I hire you to do a job for me and then refuse to pay you after the work is done, it is your fault for trusting me and I am without fault for lying to you?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:31 pm Kind of like Kavanaugh's claims.
Yeah. Claiming "I didn't rape the crazy lady" is definitely a condemnation of his character.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

It is. We're talking about confirmed/unconfirmed claims.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:45 pm

So, if I hire you to do a job for me and then refuse to pay you after the work is done, it is your fault for trusting me and I am without fault for lying to you?
That's what contracts are for.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:51 pm It is. We're talking about confirmed/unconfirmed claims.
Unfortunately, you can't prove a negative. Assassinating someone's character when you have absolutely no proof and then turning around and saying 'Well, you failed to prove that you didn't, so you're a bad person" is beyond ridiculous. Or at least it used to be before the Left lost their minds.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Still requires you to trust me. I can just refuse to honor the contract. Then it's your fault for accepting my claims of trustworthiness without proof. No blame for me!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Sounds like Trump's defense in screwing thousands of contractors out of millions of dollars.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:05 pm
defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:52 pm

Still requires you to trust me. I can just refuse to honor the contract. Then it's your fault for accepting my claims of trustworthiness without proof. No blame for me!
I don't care about blame. My lawyer would make sure I was remunerated once my claim that you had broken the contract was proven.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:04 pm
defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:51 pm It is. We're talking about confirmed/unconfirmed claims.
Unfortunately, you can't prove a negative. Assassinating someone's character when you have absolutely no proof and then turning around and saying 'Well, you failed to prove that you didn't, so you're a bad person" is beyond ridiculous. Or at least it used to be before the Left lost their minds.
We don't know. It was a limited investigation of her claims.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Are seriously still trying to figure out a way to word it in such a manner that Trump doesn't look like an annoying dipshit who spewed foul venom all over Warren just because he felt like knocking her down a few pegs? I thought you were in pursuit of "honest conbersation"?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Basketball season cant start soon enough. We have reached next-level ridiculous.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:24 pm Are seriously still trying to figure out a way to word it in such a manner that Trump doesn't look like an annoying dipshit who spewed foul venom all over Warren just because he felt like knocking her down a few pegs? I thought you were in pursuit of "honest conbersation"?
She is a disgraceful liar who used fake claims of Native American heritage to get a coveted Harvard faculty post over other more qualified people. Anything Trump said or says is secondary to that fact.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:17 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:04 pm
We don't know. It was a limited investigation of her claims.
Seriously? The FBI isn't good enough for you?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Warren continues to make herself look so stupid by standing by this mistake she made. Several Indian leaders have spoken out against her already, again.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Three days. They contacted none of the people her lawyer requested they talk to or ex-college roommates that wanted to testify. I would have been happy if they would have invested just a third of the time they spent investigating Hilldawg.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:06 pm Three days. They contacted none of the people her lawyer requested they talk to or ex-college roommates that wanted to testify. I would have been happy if they would have invested just a third of the time they spent investigating Hilldawg.
The difference is, there were credible witnesses against Dowdy the Clown, who is one of the most evil people ever to walk the earth, while there were zero against Kavanaugh. The math is pretty simple if you just think about it.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:04 pm Warren continues to make herself look so stupid by standing by this mistake she made. Several Indian leaders have spoken out against her already, again.
Heck, all three of my kids are, like, 1/32 Cherokee, and they can't even get any of the government freebies out there. 1/1023 is waaaay less than that, and she got a Harvard professorship.