Pocahontas takes DNA test

Ugh.
imzcount

Re: Pocahontas takes DNA test

Post by imzcount »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/411 ... iate-wrong

DOGS! Dogs can be linked to 20% Cherokee. Even the tribes are against Warren. Too good.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

imzcount wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:19 pm https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/411 ... iate-wrong

DOGS! Dogs can be linked to 20% Cherokee. Even the tribes are against Warren. Too good.
#BelieveAllWomen
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Feral wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:52 pm Image
He better have his birth certificate handy!
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

has anyone mentioned that there is a wide variety of thresholds that each “tribe” recognizes

some are incredibly conservative, like half of quarter, while others recognize 1/32 or even 1/64 (i think)
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:08 pm has anyone mentioned that there is a wide variety of thresholds that each “tribe” recognizes

some are incredibly conservative, like half of quarter, while others recognize 1/32 or even 1/64 (i think)
Great. Her official number is 1/1023, which is less Native American blood than the average European. Any tribes who recognize that? Or can we just agree that she is a liar and opportunist desperately trying to salvage her rapidly disappearing hopes of being a candidate for POTUS?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Wrong as usual.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

https://twitter.com/MikeBastasch/status ... 3436550145

CORRECTION: "Due to a math error, a story about Elizabeth Warren misstated the ancestry percentage of a potential 10th generation relative. It should be 1/1,024."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:57 pm
twocoach wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:24 pm Are seriously still trying to figure out a way to word it in such a manner that Trump doesn't look like an annoying dipshit who spewed foul venom all over Warren just because he felt like knocking her down a few pegs? I thought you were in pursuit of "honest conbersation"?
She is a disgraceful liar who used fake claims of Native American heritage to get a coveted Harvard faculty post over other more qualified people. Anything Trump said or says is secondary to that fact.
And you have proof that backs up your claim that this is a "fact", correct? Because there are documents and interviews with people directly involved with her hiring at Harvard that say it had nothing to do with it:

“She was not on the radar screen at all in terms of a racial minority hire,” Randall Kennedy, a law professor who was in charge of recruiting minority candidates to Harvard Law School, told the Globe. “It was just not an issue. I can’t remember anybody ever mentioning her in this context.”

https://www.apnews.com/4d83eff785f146c6a20754a61f5fa503

So feel free to back up your "fact" with some actual evidence because until then it is just your opinion.
Deleted User 75

My grandma always told all if us we were cousins to pocahontas.....

That's pretty much the equivalent of this except I never claim to be Native American for political purposes.
Deleted User 89

no, it’s not

she actually has ancestry...how much doesn’t really matter. her narrative is based on family tradition, something all of us had

please provide a link that demonstrates that she initiated this conversation and sought to gain politically from it
Deleted User 75

I have ancestry too according to my family. Probably about the same % she has if it was 8-10 generators ago. Maybe I should take a test and make a campaign video!
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

"A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship. Current DNA tests do not even distinguish whether a person's ancestors were indigenous to North or South America. Sovereign tribal nations set their own legal requirements for citizenship, and while DNA tests can be used to determine lineage, such as paternity to an individual, it is not evidence for tribal affiliation. Using a DNA test to lay claim to any connection to the Cherokee Nation or any tribal nation, even vaguely, is inappropriate and wrong. It makes a mockery out of DNA tests and its legitimate uses while also dishonoring legitimate tribal governments and their citizens, whose ancestors are well documented and whose heritage is prove. Senator Warren is undermining tribal interests with her continued claims of tribal heritage."

- Cherokee Nation Secretary of State Chuck Hoskin, Jr.

https://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/ch ... st-results
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

drumpf made this an issue, not Warren

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nation ... story.html
Deleted User 89

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:41 pm I have ancestry too according to my family. Probably about the same % she has if it was 8-10 generators ago. Maybe I should take a test and make a campaign video!
or you could just keep posting snide remarks on a message board

but seriously, you should look into your heritage, either via dna analyses or genealogical history. ya never know what you might find...or not find
NLowrider

Post by NLowrider »

The whole thing is dumb. Warren has character issues but so does just about everyone in politics. I love how the moral goal posts keep moving too. Trump’s are in outer space by now.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Ha, yeah, it's crazy seeing Trump and his supporters bashing Warren's character. I mean, like, ridiculously crazy.
Deleted User 89

NLowrider wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 pm The whole thing is dumb. Warren has character issues but so does just about everyone in politics. I love how the moral goal posts keep moving too. Trump’s are in outer space by now.
very true

i’ve often said that those who would be the best leaders unfortunately want nothing to do with the politics of it...it takes a certain kind of person to successfully run for political office, particularly on the national level, and the associated “qualities” of said person aren’t always the best
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

NLowrider wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:08 pm ...Warren has character issues...
Such as?

#weareallears
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Has anyone ever said that Warren claimed minority status to get hired? I believe they’ve said the opposite. If one shares Trump’s hatred of women and minorities, does that mean that one has to also lie constantly?
Don't inject Lysol.