The illegal immigrants want in

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

The illegal immigrants want in

Post by dolomite »

The Hondurans are coming, the Hondurans are coming. So anyone here willing to house some border crossers? I have a solution; just bus them all to California, where they would get a friendly liberal reception and give'em driver licenses and register them to vote as well. Why not??? California will still have only 55 electoral votes.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

Re: The illegal immigrants want in

Post by Deleted User 89 »

actually, i think asylum is the description you’re looking for
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:52 pm actually, i think asylum is the description you’re looking for
Is there a limit? When does it stop?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Google refugees and check how many the US accepts.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

So I guess no volunteers to house any asylum seekers? How heartless, how cold!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Sen. Ben Cardin said Tuesday that America should do more to "help" the migrant caravan transiting through Mexico, spurring his Republican opponent to forcefully respond on Facebook.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/10/23/m ... ell-reacts

C'mon people, no one wants to help these poor immigrants?
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Fucking bullshit
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

dolomite wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:34 pm Sen. Ben Cardin said Tuesday that America should do more to "help" the migrant caravan transiting through Mexico, spurring his Republican opponent to forcefully respond on Facebook.
http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/10/23/m ... ell-reacts

C'mon people, no one wants to help these poor immigrants?
At this juncture, voting to help their cause is all I can do and I will do that. Maybe, if any of them get as far as Lawrence, legally, I might be able to hire them.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I would be happy to house a couple of Honduran females.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

dolomite wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:51 pm I have a solution; just bus them all to California...
No, we have too many over here already.

BTW, do you know what happens to people who try to illegally immigrate to Mexico? Or China? Or Japan? Or pretty much anywhere other than America?
Deleted User 62

lobster wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:01 pm
dolomite wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:51 pm I have a solution; just bus them all to California...
No, we have too many over here already.

BTW, do you know what happens to people who try to illegally immigrate to Mexico? Or China? Or Japan? Or pretty much anywhere other than America?
Are those countries made up of people whose forefathers immigrated to a land where their families were not originally from?

Do those countries have a long and successful history of inviting immigrants to come here?

Help me out here...
Deleted User 104

I wouldn't mind if they came here to truly assimilate and not go on government assistance. A lot of the time though, this isn't the case. Not painting a large brush on all immigrants, as there are some that assimilate better and others that believe America is evil, yet still want to live here.

Also, anyone wanting to come here should at least have respect to enter the country legally. Is that too much to ask?
Deleted User 62

Ah...you are upset that folks are getting things that they don't have a right to.

Do you shake your fist in rage that we are considering paying farmers billions to not farm?

Or do you get angry that we shower subsidies on companies that turn billions in profit?
Deleted User 75

lobster wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:27 pm
Also, anyone wanting to come here should at least have respect to enter the country legally. Is that too much to ask?
It shouldn't be.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:43 pm
It shouldn't be.
Truth.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 62

It shouldn't be.
How about now, what with it being almost impossible
Deleted User 104

Agreeing with one example doesn't mean I reject another. Both are serious problems.

What you bring up is a real problem. And that is an example of a real problem we should be trying to fix rather than focusing on gender and white privilege nonsense.
Deleted User 62

I really wish some of us looked into the amazing advancements have been made in medicine in the past 5 years.

A LOT of those advancements were made possible by the thankless hard work of folks that many of you would put on a hay wagon back to wherever.

I have news for you....they wouldn't happen relying solely on the woefully uneducated young Americans
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:45 pm
It shouldn't be.
How about now, what with it being almost impossible
Unfortunately for them that's what our country has decided to do. That's something that is up to our country, just like it is everywhere else in the world for the most part. Even though I disagree with all the bullshit that surrounds this issue because of the dumb shit our president says.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:48 pm I really wish some of us looked into the amazing advancements have been made in medicine in the past 5 years.

A LOT of those advancements were made possible by the thankless hard work of folks that many of you would put on a hay wagon back to wherever.

I have news for you....they wouldn't happen relying solely on the woefully uneducated young Americans
That seems ridiculously irrelevant.

Of course immigrants from other countries are to thank, as well as citizens born here, as well as citizens of countries around the world.