The illegal immigrants want in

Ugh.
Deleted User 75

Re: The illegal immigrants want in

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I do.

Life in prison for Trump!

Kidding. I'm sure he can afford to pay the fine. Hopefully it'll help prevent that practice in the future.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

do as i say, not as i do?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Kinda fun to watch Illinois fess up to the level at which he is a Trumpaloe.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

seahawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:24 am Kinda fun to watch Illinois fess up to the level at which he is a Trumpaloe.
A tear rolled down my cheek just now. You really got me on that 1.

Not left enough, must be a trumpaloe (trumpaloo?)...doesn't matter if I didn't vote for him and don't support him or like him. Who needs facts when you've got morals!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:28 pm do as i say, not as i do?
That should be the campaign slogan for Trump 2020.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:10 pm
I'm sure he can afford to pay the fine.
Paying bills, not his strong suit.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:39 am
Sounds like you've got an issue with companies filing bankruptcy?

That's why my bank requires people to sign personally even for business loans.
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:42 am

No idea where you got that from my post, but jumping to conclusions IS one of your strong suits.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:44 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:42 am

No idea where you got that from my post, but jumping to conclusions IS one of your strong suits.
I miss the POTD button.
Deleted User 75

That's pretty weak criteria for POTD.

But you guys are butt-buddies so not that surprising.
Deleted User 62

Classic surrender statement.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:32 pm Classic surrender statement.
POTD!

you're a comedic genius.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

There is a clear distinction between declaring bankruptcy and just being a weasel, refusing to pay what's acutally owed. For someone who's in the banking industry I am surprised you can't tell the difference.
Deleted User 75

zsn wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:09 pm
There is a clear distinction between declaring bankruptcy and just being a weasel, refusing to pay what's acutally owed. For someone who's in the banking industry I am surprised you can't tell the difference.
I know the difference.

I also know that contractors have rights. So just not paying them without getting taken to court seems somewhat far fetched. I don't have the time or desire to investigate each of the instances being alluded to.

I'm not really that familiar with trumps real estate entities. I also have serious doubts that trump is the sole person in charge of cutting checks to drywallers or hiring illegal immigrants to work at his hotels/golf courses. So I guess I don't really get some of the outrage about those things allegedly happening.

Trumps a douche bag. We all know that. So hopefully in the future the contractors who do work for him make sure they legally protect themselves by making sure the appropriate paperwork is completed so that "not paying" isn't really an option.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:39 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:32 pm Classic surrender statement.
POTD!

you're a comedic genius.
Maybe it's just me, but I think this response would have been much more effective with at least a slight reference to "butt buddies."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

For the thousandth time, we tried it your way. Dems voted in support of building more walls because they thought it would do all the magic things that Trump is claiming it will do. Only we then went back and reviewed the data afterwards and found out that it didn't accomplish those things.

So to answer your question of "what changed"? The evidence changed, that's what. I don't have a problem with the GOP claiming that the immigration situation is still broken, it is. I have a problem with the GOP demonizing Hispanics as rapists and murderers who should be feared in order to get what they want. It's the repulsive tactics that I have issue with along with the fact that they are simply ignoring the actual evidence and data out there as to what would be the best way to actually fix the problem.

We already know a wall won't do what the GOP is claiming it will. The evidence backs that up. If it did do what they claim then the immigration system wouldn't be broken any more.

Learn from recent history and past efforts.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:27 am
For the thousandth time, we tried it your way. Dems voted in support of building more walls because they thought it would do all the magic things that Trump is claiming it will do. Only we then went back and reviewed the data afterwards and found out that it didn't accomplish those things.

So to answer your question of "what changed"? The evidence changed, that's what. I don't have a problem with the GOP claiming that the immigration situation is still broken, it is. I have a problem with the GOP demonizing Hispanics as rapists and murderers who should be feared in order to get what they want. It's the repulsive tactics that I have issue with along with the fact that they are simply ignoring the actual evidence and data out there as to what would be the best way to actually fix the problem.

We already know a wall won't do what the GOP is claiming it will. The evidence backs that up. If it did do what they claim then the immigration system wouldn't be broken any more.

Learn from recent history and past efforts.
Exaggerate much?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

He exaggerates a lot.

Especially the not working part. Illegal immigration across the souther border is down over the time frame of when the last barrier was constructed. His daddy Plano provided some data on that, so I assume it's trustworthy. It's not a 100% cure, but it certainly helps some.

The whole demonizing ALL Hispanics and rapists and murderers is so fucking overblown and all stems from some fake outrage over some poorly worded stupid statement from Trump. It's so dumb. I'd guess there are very few people on the right who think ALL Hispanics are rapists or murderers. Because they're not.

The fake outrage is nauseating.
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Somebody tell President Crackpot that Sicario isn't a documentary.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.