The illegal immigrants want in

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: The illegal immigrants want in

Post by Geezer »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:56 am He exaggerates a lot.

Especially the not working part. Illegal immigration across the souther border is down over the time frame of when the last barrier was constructed. His daddy Plano provided some data on that, so I assume it's trustworthy. It's not a 100% cure, but it certainly helps some.

The whole demonizing ALL Hispanics and rapists and murderers is so fucking overblown and all stems from some fake outrage over some poorly worded statement from Trump. It's so dumb. I'd guess there are very few people on the right who think ALL Hispanics are rapists or murderers.

The fake outrage is nauseating.
Those are repeated statements by the idiot prince for the last 3 years. Not some one time slip of the tongue.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:58 am Somebody tell President Crackpot that Sicario isn't a documentary.
A major problem seems to be that nobody can tell him anything that he doesn't agree with. It's frustrating that he refuses to listen to people trying to help him. Who are much more qualified to be in the position he's in.
Deleted User 75

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:00 am

Especially the not working part. Illegal immigration across the souther border is down over the time frame of when the last barrier was constructed. His daddy Plano provided some data on that, so I assume it's trustworthy. It's not a 100% cure, but it certainly helps some.

The whole demonizing ALL Hispanics and rapists and murderers is so fucking overblown and all stems from some fake outrage over some poorly worded statement from Trump. It's so dumb. I'd guess there are very few people on the right who think ALL Hispanics are rapists or murderers.

Those are repeated statements by the idiot prince for the last 3 years. Not some one time slip of the tongue.
I agree he's said/says dumb shit.

He's never said EVERY SINGLE illegal immigrant is a rapist or murderer.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:24 am

And some are GOOD people!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

dolomite wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 am

I'm sure most of them are good people...but good people still have to follow the rules...and with a rapidly over populating world we can't just allow unlimited immigration.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The whole demonizing ALL Hispanics and rapists and murderers is so fucking overblown and all stems from some fake outrage over some poorly worded stupid statement from Trump. It's so dumb. I'd guess there are very few people on the right who think ALL Hispanics are rapists or murderers. Because they're not.

"Some poorly worded stupid statement?" Are you seriously trying to blow this off as some one time slip of the tongue? Or are you falling on the old "he doesnt really mean what actually came out of his mouth" card that GOP congress members and Sarah Sanders go to when they have no other explanation?

He has repeated his comments about how Mexico is only sending criminals and rapists numerous times since that original disaster. He keeps bringing it up time and tume again to stoke fear and honestly, to try to prove that the original comment he was bashed for was right. It clearly bugs him when he gets bashed and and he spends a lot of time doubling down on his mistakes, digging deeper holes because his giant ego just cannot walk away from it.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:02 am
dolomite wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:59 am

I'm sure most of them are good people...but good people still have to follow the rules...and with a rapidly over populating world we can't just allow unlimited immigration.
"Unlimited immigration". And you said I exaggerate a lot. Good grief.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

No, he just says "they". That's enough to have the same effect. His most fervent supporters don't care about nuance, details or even basic truth. They want one line zingers that fit on memes and Facebook shares and that they can chant at a rally.
Deleted User 75

Not every illegal immigrant that crosses the southern border is an rapist or a murderer....but some are.

If trump has said things you make you think he believes ALL illegal immigrants are rapists or murderers then that's on him.

I don't feel like ALL/EVERY SINGLE illegal immigrant is a rapist or a murderer....and I'm still for portions of border having a barrier.

So if trumps intention is to stoke fear, it's not working very well. At least not on me or anyone I know.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

If "some of them are" is enough of a criteria then please remove all white gun owners with less than a college degree out of the country because "some of them" are mass murderers. What are we at in 2019, 25 mass shootings with 11 involving multiple deaths already? And it's not even fucking February.

And send all the priests with them since "some of them" are pedophiles.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:13 am If "some of them are" is enough of a criteria then please remove all white gun owners with less than a college degree out of the country because "some of them" are mass murderers. What are we at in 2019, 25 mass shootings with 11 involving multiple deaths already? And it's not even fucking February.

And just an FYI, this is intentionally absurd to point out how absurd the statements and behaviors of this administration have been in addressing the immigration problem.

If the methods being used to get what they want were applied across the board there wouldn't be very many people left to vote for any GOP candidates.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:53 am https://www.cnn.com/shows/cnn-tonight
I won't watch his Don Lemons) fake news opinions.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:13 am If "some of them are" is enough of a criteria then please remove all white gun owners with less than a college degree out of the country because "some of them" are mass murderers. What are we at in 2019, 25 mass shootings with 11 involving multiple deaths already? And it's not even fucking February.

You're terrible at analogies...

"Some of them" is reason enough to try to stop as much illegal immigration as possible.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:46 am

You're terrible at analogies...

"Some of them" is reason enough to try to stop as much illegal immigration as possible.
Ans you're terrible at trying to steal other people's style. It wasn't an analogy.

"Because it is illegal" is enough of a reason. "Some of them are dangerous" is a scare tactic used to try to gin up support based on fear because the proposed solution isn't supported by any rational means.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

dolomite wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:39 am
Too bad. They prove a lot of Trump's talking points on immigration are complete bullshit.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:28 pm
dolomite wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:39 am
Too bad. They prove a lot of Trump's talking points on immigration are complete bullshit.
I'm a liberal and I can't stand Don Lemon, either.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

IT'S NOT DON LEMON, WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Since Illy put words in my mouth, let me be clear.

The data shows that illegal immigration has clearly been on a downward trend.

However, I am not stupid enough to think that a few hundred miles of 12' tall walls and chain link fence have has any more than a small effect.

You have to look at the fact the illegal immigration numbers run pretty much in line with Mexico's improving economy.

The money that we would waste on giving Trump a monument to himself could be better spent furthering making Mexico a better place.

We would be safer for it, and having them as a trade partner is a good thing.
Deleted User 75

A small effect is still an effect.

Every little bit helps. The money for the wall (even the stupid idea that stretches nearly the entire southern border unnecessarily) is pennies in the grand scheme of things.