Jordan Peterson stuff

Ugh.
Deleted User 104

Jordan Peterson stuff

Post by Deleted User 104 »

I've long liked this guy, even though I disagree with him on some religious ideas he has. I hope people will listen to some of his interviews. The guy has a good grasp of how society works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iudkPi4_sY
seahawk

Re: Jordan Peterson stuff

Post by seahawk »

How Jordan Peterson Misrepresented Bill C-16, Pronoun Use, & Free-Speech To Get Famous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb3oh3dhnoM

Not everybody is persuaded that Peterson is a thinker of substance, however. Last November, fellow University of Toronto professor Ira Wells called him “the professor of piffle” – a YouTube star rather than a credible intellectual. Tabatha Southey, a columnist for the Canadian magazine Macleans, designated him “the stupid man’s smart person”.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... rnets-nest
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

"I've long liked this guy..."

"...the stupid man’s smart person”.

/thread
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:40 pm I've long liked this guy, even though I disagree with him on some religious ideas he has. I hope people will listen to some of his interviews. The guy has a good grasp of how society works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iudkPi4_sY
Dr. Peterson is an excellent debater and is adept at using scientific data to make his points. His success is most evident in the insults he illicits from the pseudo-intellectual ultra-left SJW and radical feminists he regularly destroys in debates and interviews. I’m honestly surprised that Canada hasn’t kicked him out yet, which would be the ultimate badge of honor.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Feral wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:23 am "I've long liked this guy..."

/thread
He's a 55 year old college professor with hair plugs, who I'd guess is known for not being able to keep his hands off female undergrads.
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:09 am with hair plugs, who I'd guess is known for not being able to keep his hands off female....

Whoa!

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Not sure why attacking his appearance is needed. If 1 of the men in this board did that to a woman it'd be frowned upon (unless she was a conservative of course)...and has he been accused of forcing himself on female students or are we just assuming that because he's a white male and that's the cool thing to do nowadays?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I listened to a few seconds of his interview and guessed that he hits on female students and looked it up and yes, there have been allegations.

But, if you were ever a female undergrad, feel free to disagree with me.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Never been a female undergrad so I'll stay out of this 1!

I also have no clue who the dude is and didn't watch the video.
Deleted User 104

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:27 am Not sure why attacking his appearance is needed.
It is when you cannot argue against him in any logical way.

Also, if Peterson is the "stupid man's smart person", I would like to know who the "smart man's smart person" is. That person (if he exists) is someone I would love to explore.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

seahawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:09 am

/thread
He's a 55 year old college professor with hair plugs, who I'd guess is known for not being able to keep his hands off female undergrads.
For someone who gets mad when the first thing discussed about a woman is her looks when her looks have nothing to do with the discussion, you sure went right to that card quickly.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

twocoach wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:10 am

/thread
For someone who gets mad when the first thing discussed about a woman is her looks when her looks have nothing to do with the discussion, you sure went right to that card quickly.
I would rarely notice if a guy has hair plugs, unless it's really obvious, like Mitch Landrieu. Something about the way Peterson talked about women and saying something about helping young women rang some long ago bell with me. I was a female undergrad, one who drove an auto dealer courtesy car and picked up a lot of professors who were perfectly nice. Also drove their wives and developed a different view of some male profs who were having affairs with my classmates.

Only noticed the hair plugs when looking to see if my guess was correct and saw that he had a variety of hairlines. Something about that said, "Older professor trying to still hit on young women" to me.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anyone can see from the video that he's dressed provocatively.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

/thread
The irony is thick with this one, no?

Speaking to the touching undergrads issue, I have been in higher education for almost twenty years, and have never even considered touching a female (or male) student, much less pursuing a relationship with one. It would take a pretty narcissistic individual to believe that a) a girl that age would want anything approaching a romantic relationship with a man that much older, or b) that any such feelings that might be expressed are anything other than curiosity, infatuation, or daddy issues.

I am 49 years old and every semester a new crop of giggly young ladies come flooding in, smiling and flirting and stopping by after class or during office hours to "just ask you a question". The reality is that they are testing out their sexuality and experimenting with using it to leverage a better grade or just to see if they can draw interest from older men. They have no desire to have a relationship, and I have no desire to risk getting fired or sued over an ill-advised hookup. I always leave my office door completely open, am polite but distant, and, on a few occasions, kindly communicate that there is no interest on my end.

Jordan Peterson is not that dumb, nor is he that narcissistic.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:01 pm

Speaking to the touching undergrads issue, I have been in higher education for almost twenty years, and have never even considered touching a female (or male) student, much less pursuing a relationship with one. It would take a pretty narcissistic individual to believe that a) a girl that age would want anything approaching a romantic relationship with a man that much older, or b) that any such feelings that might be expressed are anything other than curiosity, infatuation, or daddy issues.

I am 49 years old and every semester a new crop of giggly young ladies come flooding in, smiling and flirting and stopping by after class or during office hours to "just ask you a question". The reality is that they are testing out their sexuality and experimenting with using it to leverage a better grade or just to see if they can draw interest from older men. They have no desire to have a relationship, and I have no desire to risk getting fired or sued over an ill-advised hookup. I always leave my office door completely open, am polite but distant, and, on a few occasions, kindly communicate that there is no interest on my end.

Good for you and all bro, but next time you encounter an attractive lady with daddy issues, at least be a good wingman and let me know?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Good for you and all bro, but next time you encounter an attractive lady with daddy issues, at least be a good wingman and let me know?
Will do. Happens daily.
Deleted User 104

seahawk wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:46 am How Jordan Peterson Misrepresented Bill C-16, Pronoun Use, & Free-Speech To Get Famous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb3oh3dhnoM

Not everybody is persuaded that Peterson is a thinker of substance, however. Last November, fellow University of Toronto professor Ira Wells called him “the professor of piffle” – a YouTube star rather than a credible intellectual. Tabatha Southey, a columnist for the Canadian magazine Macleans, designated him “the stupid man’s smart person”.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/201 ... rnets-nest
It's a huge stretch to say he tried to get famous by disagreeing with the C16 bill. More likely, a video of him went viral and this 50+ year old college professor suddenly found himself as a voice for free speech. There are indeed, plenty of people who want to shut him down on the extreme left.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:16 pm
ousdahl wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:13 pm

Will do. Happens daily.
85 is that you?!
Deleted User 104

I miss 85.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I’ll add to my store of wisdom about women provided by psych over the years.

Teachers are sluts.

All women are whores.

Lots of middle class housewives prostitute themselves for drugs.

From time immemorial, all women are liars.

Coeds are sluts.
Don't inject Lysol.