Jordan Peterson stuff

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Jordan Peterson stuff

Post by twocoach »

seahawk wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:40 am I’ll add to my store of wisdom about women provided by psych over the years.

Teachers are sluts.

All women are whores.

Lots of middle class housewives prostitute themselves for drugs.

From time immemorial, all women are liars.

Coeds are sluts.
Well since some media outlets only cover our educational system when female teachers have sex with their students, it's no wonder that people have that opinion of teachers.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Oh please, twocoach, when there’s a shooting on a school campus anywhere in the country, the media are right on it, sticking microphones in the faces of grieving parents. And giving all kinds of details about dead teachers. /s
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

Another good interview where he mops the floor with a feminist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_aAxIA55D0
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Mopping the floor? More like spilling the mop bucket and not mopping it up.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:29 pm Mopping the floor? More like spilling the mop bucket and not mopping it up.
I like the fact that he never resorts to the shrill emotionality of his opponents. He just keeps calmly restating his argument. That is a win in and of itself.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 104

Imagine being married to that woman. I feel so sorry for her husband.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:48 pm Imagine being married to that woman. I feel so sorry for her husband.
Been there; done that; have the scars to prove it.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

defixione wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:29 pm Mopping the floor? More like spilling the mop bucket and not mopping it up.
How weird is this guy? We're supposed to feel sorry for poor men because they go to prison. Which then leads to his followers translating that into more men than women get raped, because...prison.

Whiny.
Don't inject Lysol.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:44 pm
I like the fact that he never resorts to the shrill emotionality of his opponents. He just keeps calmly restating his argument. That is a win in and of itself.
He was cold, academic, and detached to the base argument. He never totally answered her questions and his 'argument' was nothing more than rhetoric.
Last edited by defixione on Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

defixione wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:02 pm
He was cold, academic, and unattached to the base argument. He never totally answered her questions and his 'argument' was nothing more than rhetoric.
So naturally Psych and Lobster are sporting wood over him.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

He was cold, academic, and unattached to the base argument. He never totally answered her questions and his 'argument' was nothing more than rhetoric.
She is arguing to feelings and fairness; he is arguing to logic and reason. He refused to be drawn into her specious arguments. Debate 101.
Deleted User 104

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:27 pm

She is arguing to feelings and fairness; he is arguing to logic and reason. He refused to be drawn into her specious arguments. Debate 101.
But arguing for logic and reason makes you "cold and academic."
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

lobster wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:33 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:27 pm

But arguing for logic and reason makes you "cold and academic."
I would take that as a compliment any day of the week.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

His argument was no more substantiated than hers.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:40 pm His argument was no more substantiated than hers.
He did well given the hysterical dreck he was countering. She is obviously no MENSA candidate.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Well of course. She was perfect for this GQ video, right down to the 'shrill.' They pedal cosmetic masculinity. They'd loose their audience if they tried to cultivate empathy or compassion for women.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

defixione wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:29 pm Well of course. She was perfect for this GQ video, right down to the 'shrill.' They pedal cosmetic masculinity. They'd loose their audience if they tried to cultivate empathy or compassion for women.
Et tu, Brute?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 pm Another good interview where he mops the floor with a feminist.

I just watched this and, other than wondering when this woman acted "shrill," completely understand why Psych and Lobster love this guy. He's condescending, constantly interrupts and shows little respect to a person who eloquently states her points.

Question for Lobster - what is it about this woman that would make you think that she would be a terrible spouse?
Deleted User 104

chiknbut wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:01 pm
lobster wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 pm Another good interview where he mops the floor with a feminist.

I just watched this and, other than wondering when this woman acted "shrill," completely understand why Psych and Lobster love this guy. He's condescending, constantly interrupts and shows little respect to a person who eloquently states her points.

Question for Lobster - what is it about this woman that would make you think that she would be a terrible spouse?
She's a feminist.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Oh sure, they were women who saved a man's life, but were they feminists?

Women Help Save Man Who Had A Heart Attack At DC Polling Place

They called 911 and were instructed to start CPR, which they traded off performing for several minutes. They also used an automated external defibrillator on the man before first responders arrived.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/wome ... ling-place
Don't inject Lysol.