Jordan Peterson stuff

Ugh.
chiknbut

Re: Jordan Peterson stuff

Post by chiknbut »

lobster wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:32 pm
chiknbut wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:01 pm
lobster wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:19 pm Another good interview where he mops the floor with a feminist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_aAxIA55D0
I just watched this and, other than wondering when this woman acted "shrill," completely understand why Psych and Lobster love this guy. He's condescending, constantly interrupts and shows little respect to a person who eloquently states her points.

Question for Lobster - what is it about this woman that would make you think that she would be a terrible spouse?
She's a feminist.
"Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes. This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men."

Hmmm. I see why you and Psych object so much. Hysterical bitches.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:10 am
chiknbut wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:01 pm

I just watched this and, other than wondering when this woman acted "shrill," completely understand why Psych and Lobster love this guy. He's condescending, constantly interrupts and shows little respect to a person who eloquently states her points.

Question for Lobster - what is it about this woman that would make you think that she would be a terrible spouse?
She's a feminist.
"Feminism is a range of political movements, ideologies, and social movements that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve political, economic, personal, and social equality of sexes. This includes seeking to establish educational and professional opportunities for women that are equal to those for men."

We went through an exhaustive discussion over a month ago about the different waves and iterations of feminism in which positions were clarified. You're welcome to go back and review those posts if you are confused. Or, just keep making outrageous and defamatory claims like usual. I can guess which you'll choose.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:02 am

She's a feminist.

We went through an exhaustive discussion over a month ago about the different waves and iterations of feminism in which positions were clarified. You're welcome to go back and review those posts if you are confused. Or, just keep making outrageous and defamatory claims like usual. I can guess which you'll choose.
Defamatory. LOL.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

HouseDivided wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:02 am

She's a feminist.

Exactly.

I'll just add one more thing. Someone once said to me, "Have you ever known a happy feminist?" A very important point was obvious with that question.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I’m a happy feminist!

jk sometimes I get sad.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

So, just for the record, you don't understand what a "loaded question" is?

And just because Psych spent some time ignoring other people's opinions about feminism doesn't mean that any ground was covered. Not that any ground is ever covered on this board.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Ever notice that people who enjoy listening to dickwads talk are usually dickwads?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

The video just demonstrates what an awful misogynist Jordan is. He starts talking about the suffragettes who won the vote for women and then starts talking about tampons. That's just to intimidate the woman in the video, who does an amazing job of remaining cool.

It's quite obvious that Jordan berates and belittles women because he lacks the charisma that he thinks attracts women. It's not what draws women--but Jordan is too self-centered to ever understand what does.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

seahawk wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:00 pm

It's quite obvious that Psych berates and belittles women because he lacks the charisma that he thinks attracts women. It's not what draws women--but Psych is too self-centered to ever understand what does.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:32 pm Ever notice that people who enjoy listening to dickwads talk are usually dickwads?
Classic.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

seahawk wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:00 pm The video just demonstrates what an awful misogynist Jordan is. He starts talking about the suffragettes who won the vote for women and then starts talking about tampons. That's just to intimidate the woman in the video, who does an amazing job of remaining cool.

It's quite obvious that Jordan berates and belittles women because he lacks the charisma that he thinks attracts women. It's not what draws women--but Jordan is too self-centered to ever understand what does.
But...SHRILL!
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

so, does that mean there is or isn’t a god?
Deleted User 104

Love this one too.

"You're a mean mad white man!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMSzOmWaE7g&t=13s
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

“Dismissive, pseudoscientific, non-empirical and without justification....”

Dyson nails Peterson, who is crouching in his chair by the end, not exactly the picture of the raging male that the incels so love.
Don't inject Lysol.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

No, but guys like Lobster love themselves the typical conservative who talks big, then cowers and acts like the victim when called on their bullshit.
Deleted User 104

This one just happened today. Another really good discussion!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIeFt88Hm8s
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:26 pm I’m a happy feminist!

jk sometimes I get sad.

How do you like your eggs?

https://twitter.com/shenmi_meiren/statu ... 9108740096
I am, I said.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Lmao.

Shit is wild in 2018.

People are way too "woke".
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Soklous wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:04 am
ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:26 pm I’m a happy feminist!

jk sometimes I get sad.

How do you like your eggs?

https://twitter.com/shenmi_meiren/statu ... 9108740096
this gets me sad.