Worst in nearly two weeks.
Deleted User 89

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Deleted User 89 »

sad that we qualify that statement in weeks
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

God bless America! I know, I know, it has nothing to do with America. Eye roll.

I'm going to sit this one out and watch how people chose to mourn (some intended sarcasm by me being that it's become such a common occurrence that many people have become numb to feeling anything other than maybe taking a few moments to say to themselves - well that sucks) and then blame anything and everything for "mass shootings" depending on what their moral (politically influenced?) beliefs are in terms of why this keeps happening - and what if anything can be done to at least stop it from happening as frequently as it does.
Have at it kids.
Deleted User 89

i blame country music
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Gutter wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:10 am God bless America! I know, I know, it has nothing to do with America. Eye roll.

Of course it has to do with America. Beating up straw men makes you far less tolerable as a poster. Just say what you mean and avoid the histrionics.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Another military vet.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Deleted User 183

Ok, so the simple solution is we as a country can no longer allow people to join the military and see terrible things and if for some reason we do, make sure those people are institutionalized as soon as can be and throw away the keys.
Of course that was sarcasm but does anyone else have any other suggestions?
Deleted User 89

not that it would fix the mass shooting problem, but we could be providing better support for our vets
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

NPR reporting that he had not applied for VA benefits. But I agree, we should be supporting vets way better than we do.
Defense. Rebounds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Ugh

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... olice.html

The gunman who killed 12 people at a country music bar in California fired a bullet through the wall of his mother's home during a volatile row in April and spent hours holed up inside until police coaxed him out but he was cleared by mental health officials and was somehow still allowed to own the Glock 45. used in Wednesday's attack.

In April, police were called to Ian Long's home in Newbury Park after neighbors heard loud crashes coming from inside the house he shared with his mother Colleen.

She lived 'in fear' of him, the neighbors said, adding that Long, who friends have described as 'cocky', was 'hell to live with.'
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 89

story on npr was talking about cali’s legal ability to remove weapons in mental health cases, but that many law enforcement and mental health workers aren’t aware of it and likely didn’t even consider it in this case
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

A mocking tweet from the National Rifle Association has stirred many physicians to post on social media about their tragically frequent experiences treating patients in the aftermath of gun violence...

https://twitter.com/choo_ek/status/1060533333287940096

The NRA posted its tweet just hours before a man shot and killed 12 people at a country music bar in Thousand Oaks, Calif...

"I would like to graciously extend the invitation to the author of this tweet and anyone else from the NRA to join me at the hospital the next time I care for a child who has been hurt or killed by a gun that wasn't safely stored or was an innocent bystander," tweeted Jeannie Moorjani, a pediatric doctor in Orlando.

More physicians weighed in, often using the hashtag #ThisIsOurLane.

"Do you have any idea how many bullets I pull out of corpses weekly? This isn't just my lane. It's my f****** highway," wrote forensic pathologist Judy Melinek, in a tweet that has gone viral.

A trauma surgeon in Utah tweeted a photo of his blue scrubs covered in blood. "Can't post a patient photo," he wrote, "so this is a selfie. This is what it looks like to #stayinmylane."

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/11/66676289 ... s-our-lane
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

What's the point of all that?

Just to point out the NRA tweets dumb things?
Deleted User 183

What's the point of all what? The article? Did you read it?
Or do you mean what's the point of the NRA rep being a complete ass-hole?

* EDIT - Sorry, I see you edited your post.
Deleted User 75

It's a dangerous world we live in. That's never going to change. Guns are always going to exist. People are always going to die from gun violence.

Tweets won't change it. The NRA tweeter being asshole won't change it.
Deleted User 89

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:52 am It's a dangerous world we live in. That's never going to change.
not with that attitude
Deleted User 75

TraditionKU wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:54 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:52 am It's a dangerous world we live in. That's never going to change.
not with that attitude
Yup. It's all the sane non murderers attitudes that causes crazy people to murder others.
Deleted User 183

Well, when the "sane non murders" help provide the crazy people with the weapons to murder others - my attitude is fuck 'em and their moronic Tweets.
Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:20 pm Well, when the "sane non murders" help provide the crazy people with the weapons to murder others - my attitude is fuck 'em and their moronic Tweets.
Agree 100%.
Deleted User 183