Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Shirley »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:08 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:42 pm my whole family has guns, but all support common sense legislation that limits access to certain kinds of weapons, and more restrictive access (and policing) for certain citizens
Count me as one of these.
^^^

I have multiple guns. Only one is loaded.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I don’t own a gun, though part of me wishes I did, and some day I just may.

But if I did, and someone was able to propose and advance reasonable gun control laws, I like to think I’d support it. At the very least, you wouldn’t have to take it from my cold dead hands.

I mean if a hypothetical vacuum existed in which I could give up my guns if it meant one less mass shooting, I’d take that trade any day.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:48 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:45 pm Uh, yeah, I know. Our district is in the midst of a $79.9 million facility upgrade as a result of these requirements. Paid for by me and the rest of our district so that a bunch of dumbfucks can spend their disposable income on guns and bullets instead of the education of their children.

Imagine the teacher raises and educational programs that could have been paid for with $79.9 million...
Is it your position that we should not be doing these upgrades to make the schools safer?

Because you don't seem happy about it. Maybe you don't have children in school.
I have one just finishing her sophomore year in HS and one just finishing kindergarden. What I do not like is that we NEED to make these changes because of our nation's ignorant views on gun ownership, our lack of funding of mental health programs and our politicians refusals to pass meaningful gun law changes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:31 pm
TDub wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:29 pm
Geezer wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:19 pm I don't need a gun. I don't hunt, I go to the grocery store.
You dont, so no one should. Got it. Noted.
Don't worry nothing happened after 21 first graders got killed, the NRA has your back.
This. It is pointless to argue what changes could be made because the NRA won't allow anything significant to be done. A few states will impose some random tightening of their rules but the glaring holes in the process will be left in place.

I saw some guy in CA got ratted out for running a black market gun shop out of his home. More than 1,000 guns were confiscated. And the beat goes on...
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:32 pm
MICHHAWK wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:48 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:45 pm Uh, yeah, I know. Our district is in the midst of a $79.9 million facility upgrade as a result of these requirements. Paid for by me and the rest of our district so that a bunch of dumbfucks can spend their disposable income on guns and bullets instead of the education of their children.

Imagine the teacher raises and educational programs that could have been paid for with $79.9 million...
Is it your position that we should not be doing these upgrades to make the schools safer?

Because you don't seem happy about it. Maybe you don't have children in school.
I have one just finishing her sophomore year in HS and one just finishing kindergarden. What I do not like is that we NEED to make these changes because of our nation's ignorant views on gun ownership, our lack of funding of mental health programs and our politicians refusals to pass meaningful gun law changes.
Be that as it may,
I’d be interested in knowing twocoach what you think would be a meaningful enough gun law change that would eliminate a school shooting. Keeping in mind that there are millions of guns in existence currently. Thanks
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Nothing is 100% guaranteed to stop an attack. Neither is the silly entry buzzer at our school. But the fact that they wont eliminate the risk 100% isnt reason enough to stick your thumb up your ass and do nothing like we're doing with gun laws now.

There are numerous changes that can be made to make it better. They have all been printed here at some point so I am not going to bother to rehash them again. Because there is no point in doing it.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Nothing revolutionary can happen until the Supreme Court rules that the second amendment was talking about a well regulated militia and not Bubba and his AR.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

That’ll be a very cold day in hell when that happens, or maybe when our society collapses. I would hate to think that we would someday be like Venezuela and have to fight off a rogue dictator with sticks and stones.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:10 pm That’ll be a very cold day in hell when that happens, or maybe when our society collapses. I would hate to think that we would someday be like Venezuela and have to fight off a rogue dictator with sticks and stones.
We already have a rogue who wants to be dictator.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:25 pm
dolomite wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:10 pm That’ll be a very cold day in hell when that happens, or maybe when our society collapses. I would hate to think that we would someday be like Venezuela and have to fight off a rogue dictator with sticks and stones.
Mog
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:29 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 10:25 pm
Mog
No idea what that means.
I don't speak Dumbass.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Mog: mother of God

You say jfc, I say mog.

You dig?
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Cute
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Chauncey Gardiner gone hip.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

what does "mother of god" even mean?

what god/s have mothers?
Deleted User 62

TraditionKU wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:31 am what does "mother of god" even mean?

what god/s have mothers?
I know of one:
http://whispersofyggdrasil.blogspot.com ... n.html?m=1
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

fucking pagans
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dolo's a pagan?
Defense. Rebounds.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

jhawks99 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 12:13 pmDolo's a pagan?
So he's gotta be from Russia, right?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas