Another mass shooting

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:45 pm
Gutter wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:11 pm Hey dolo - Bummed the kid (21 year old) isn't from from Mexico?
How about the kid (21 year old) who shot 5 people at the bank in Florida? What about the kid (21 year old) who killed 3 near Penn State?
I don't know, to the best of my knowledge President Orange Face and White Raccoon Eyes hasn't said shit about any of the 3 "incidents" victims.
WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, I'm sorry President Trump has punctured you and all your liberal friends' special world.
And I am sorry that five random women went to the bank one day and found themselves lying face down on the floor to have the back of their skulls punctured with a bullet fired by a mentally ill white kid.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Why is the race relevant?

We know you're "woke". You don't need to keep trying to prove it (to a bunch of other white people to make YOURSELF feel good, like you're making a difference, because you're not).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:21 am Why is the race relevant?

We know you're "woke". You don't need to keep trying to prove it (to a bunch of other white people to make YOURSELF feel good, like you're making a difference, because you're not).
Why do I mention it? Because those on the right only make a big deal of shooting done by foreign brown people these days.

I am not trying to prove anything and your consistent use of that term is just you being mentally lazy instead of considering the point I was making.
Deleted User 75

"Illegal immigrant" isn't a race.

Talk about being intellectually lazy. If you can't understand why people are pointing out illegal immigrants committing crimes to support their reasons for wanting increased border security then you're a dumdum just like me.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:29 am "Illegal immigrant" isn't a race.

Talk about being intellectually lazy. If you can't understand why people are pointing out illegal immigrants committing crimes to support their reasons for wanting increased border security then you're a dumdum just like me.
Twocoach can't hear you because he has you on "ignore"? Actually all he has to do is read my post with your response. LOL
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:29 am "Illegal immigrant" isn't a race.

<sarcasm>You mean that they are only doing it for political reasons and not because they actually give a shit about US citizens being killed? Wow, breaking news. Thanks for enlightening us. </sarcasm>
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

As I often do, I admit my ignorance. It would be nice if someone can educate me. Thanks in advance.
Does the "right" really give a damn about the reasons they claim the wall is necessary?
What are they doing about "home grown" "sex trafficking", "gun violence", "drugs", "gangs", - and the "illegals" who enter the USA via means other than crossing the Mexican border?

“I would build a great wall, and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me, and I’ll build them very inexpensively, I will build a great, great wall on our southern border. And I will have Mexico pay for that wall,” Trump said in his June 16, 2015 speech at Trump Tower. “Mark my words.”

“When during the campaign, I would say ‘Mexico is going to pay for it,’ obviously, I never said this, and I never meant they’re gonna write out a check, I said they’re going to pay for it. They are,” Trump said.

"We'll never pay for that f---ing wall," Fox said. "Why should Mexico pay for the wall? What's the reason?"
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

The good news is that we're now only one election and one mass shooting away from an officially designated "national emergency" on guns.

Thanks, Trump.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:45 am The good news is that we're now only one election and one mass shooting away from an officially designated "national emergency" on guns.

Thanks, Trump.
Ya... well... good luck with confiscation...

Civil war #2 coming right up!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Point is, Trump crossed the proverbial Rubicon. And we now have to rely on the courts to save us from his stupidity. That's an uncomfortable position.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 pm Point is, Trump crossed the proverbial Rubicon. And we now have to rely on the courts to save us from his stupidity. That's an uncomfortable position.
It was inevitable. On some issue, at some point, with Trump.
Deleted User 62

Hey, I crossed the Rubicon...twice.
https://youtu.be/CC8L3SoniOw
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:16 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:07 pm Point is, Trump crossed the proverbial Rubicon. And we now have to rely on the courts to save us from his stupidity. That's an uncomfortable position.
It was inevitable. On some issue, at some point, with Trump.
In retrospect, yes, it probably was inevitable. But that doesn't make it any less frustrating.
Deleted User 75

Yup.

Dems didn't give him much choice. Not the route I wanted him to go, but figured we were headed there.
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:34 pm
Yup.

Dems didn't give him much choice. Not the route I wanted him to go, but figured we were headed there.
Trump wanted this show down. Maybe not on this topic, but he wanted it.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:36 pm
Yup.

Trump wanted this show down. Maybe not on this topic, but he wanted it.
You might be right. Who knows with him....and this might be the exact topic he wanted it on and the exact way he wanted it to happen.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Yup.

Doesn't have anything to do with the Dems. He couldn't get what he wanted and now he's decided to test the limits of his authority.

People like me -- who didn't vote for Trump but nonetheless mocked the hysteria -- insisted that he was no risk to the constitutional order because the remaining republican institutions would reign in his worst instincts.

That theory will now be put to the test. And I wish that weren't the case.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

One of my professors used the phrase "a monkey with a hand-granade" to describe a self-destructive situation in which the destruction is not limited to self. Applies quite accurately in this situation
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

Will it make any difference that he has the 'courts' in his pocket?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:46 pm
People like me -- who didn't vote for Trump but nonetheless mocked the hysteria -- insisted that he was no risk to the constitutional order because the remaining republican institutions would reign in his worst instincts.

That theory will now be put to the test. And I wish that weren't the case.
The capital-R has been disgracefully deficient in its small-r responsibilities. The words "consequences", "chickens" and "roost" may be relevant in this context.