Another mass shooting

Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by Deleted User 62 »

When Obama was re-elected, I just happened to have 2 heavily modded AR-15s.
A friend of a friend showed up and offered me $4,500 a piece for them. He was convinced that guns and mod parts were going to be tracked down and confiscated.

I was ok with the profit, regardless of politics
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:01 pm https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/ ... es-record/

Interesting info. Some of it surprised me!
Pretty much perfectly displays my point. Dem in the White House, NRA says they will ban all guns and all gun sales spike. It will happen again the next time a dem is elected president. Smart investors would buy stock in gun companies now while it is low and dump it when ot peaks in the middle of the next Dem's time.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:26 pm When Obama was re-elected, I just happened to have 2 heavily modded AR-15s.
A friend of a friend showed up and offered me $4,500 a piece for them. He was convinced that guns and mod parts were going to be tracked down and confiscated.

Can't blame you for selling them....can't blame him for wanting them. Some people would rather be safe than sorry I guess.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:48 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:26 pm When Obama was re-elected, I just happened to have 2 heavily modded AR-15s.

Can't blame you for selling them....can't blame him for wanting them. Some people would rather be safe than sorry I guess.
A buddy of mine at work is a gun nut and despite his family being maxed to the gills in debt, has still figured out how to own thousands upon thousands in guns and ammo. Maybe one of those guns is for safety but not a safe full of them.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:01 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:48 pm

A buddy of mine at work is a gun nut and despite his family being maxed to the gills in debt, has still figured out how to own thousands upon thousands in guns and ammo. Maybe one of those guns is for safety but not a safe full of them.
My brother in law is the same way. Shit job, shit house, no savings, 2 kids, can't work because he is "disabled". His wife works 2 jobs, and he is always buying guns and knives
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

I think someone once shared a link here that allowed you to find licensed gun dealers by zip code. I recall that it was crazy the high number people listed as gun brokers from their garages (in addition to Cabela-type stores and pawn shops).
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You need an ffl license. Why not use your home as an office. Lota of other business people do it. Tax attorneys. Child care pastors, butchers, taxidermists, tool repair and on and on. Why the hell not? Because its guns? Its legitimate business move to not want the overhead of a seperate space
Just Ledoux it
DrPepper

Post by DrPepper »

Sorry, my point was that there were a lot more places than I thought. My previous assumption that if I wanted a gun, then I should go to Cabela’s, Bass Pro, and such places that I have seen guns, was completely wrong. I had no intention of implying that someone should not be allowed to have a side gig or be efficient with their overhead.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Gotcha. Sorry for misunderstanding ive been a bit om edge today. My apologies
Just Ledoux it
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I've been to a couple of gun stores that have huge vault like spaces where they keep the guns. One would think that selling out of one's garage might be kind of a dicey thing.
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

You dont sell the guns out of a garage. Those personal business are just for facilitating person to person sales. If you buy or sell a gun to another individual you have to ship it to a licensed FFL dealer to process the proper paperwork and handle the guns while betweem sales.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Good to know because if I was looking to buy a house I know for 100% certainty that I would NOT want to buy a home next door to someone who sells guns out of his/her/their garage.

* Edit
WAIT! I just read this.....
"If a supplier is selling from his or her private collection and the principal objective is not to make a profit, the seller is not “engaged in the business” and is not required to have a license. Because they are unlicensed, these sellers are not required to keep records of sales and are not required to perform background checks on potential buyers, even those prohibited from purchasing guns by the Gun Control Act".

I admit my ignorance.
So who is to say and "regulate" if a collection is "private" and what is and isn't a "profit"?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Gutter wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:26 am Good to know because if I was looking to buy a house I know for 100% certainty that I would NOT want to buy a home next door to someone who sells guns out of his/her/their garage.

* Edit
WAIT! I just read this.....
"If a supplier is selling from his or her private collection and the principal objective is not to make a profit, the seller is not “engaged in the business” and is not required to have a license. Because they are unlicensed, these sellers are not required to keep records of sales and are not required to perform background checks on potential buyers, even those prohibited from purchasing guns by the Gun Control Act".

I admit my ignorance.
So who is to say and "regulate" if a collection is "private" and what is and isn't a "profit"?
Basically, anyone can do a private sale of a gun to anyone else without performing a background check or having a license if they can say they weren't looking to profit from it. Since these are almost exclusively cash sales, that is simple enough.

Felon neighbor? Go buy a gun and sell it to him for cost+100% and pocket the cash. A fully armed felon and some untaxed income. God Bless America.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:26 am
Felon neighbor? Go buy a gun and sell it to him for cost+100% and pocket the cash. A fully armed felon and some untaxed income. God Bless America.
That would be against the law. For both parties involved.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:57 am
There is absolutely nothing in place to prevent it or even to deter it one bit.
Deleted User 75

twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:01 am
The same can be said about MOST laws.

The LAW is in place to prevent and deter it. That's what laws do. They deter you from breaking the law.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:03 am
twocoach wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:01 am

The same can be said about MOST laws.

The LAW is in place to prevent and deter it. That's what laws do. They deter you from breaking the law.
Give him a break.

He's a jeanieyus.

"Ha! The law doesn't prevent someone from doing something! Therefore, we should pass more laws!"
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

More taxes more laws. Someone should probably regulate the hours within which i can walk my dog and brush my teeth. Liberty and freedom.

Libertarianism sure sounds more and more appealing the dirtier and nastier and more extreme the repubs and dems get.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 75

TDub wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:38 am Libertarianism sure sounds more and more appealing the dirtier and nastier and more extreme the repubs and dems get.
No doubt

When will the madness end?