Another mass shooting

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Another mass shooting

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:52 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:46 pm
People like me -- who didn't vote for Trump but nonetheless mocked the hysteria -- insisted that he was no risk to the constitutional order because the remaining republican institutions would reign in his worst instincts.

That theory will now be put to the test. And I wish that weren't the case.
The capital-R has been disgracefully deficient in its small-r responsibilities. The words "consequences", "chickens" and "roost" may be relevant in this context.
Yeah. But those come to mind wrongly.

THIS -- i.e. the unobstructed march of executive power grabs -- is the most patent bothsider issue there is. You can pat yourself on the back for not electing an executive like Trump, but neither Obama nor Clinton (nor GWB) was much less inclined to use executive power unilaterally.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

This raises another question, since you're not the only one to accuse Congressional Republicans of enabling this: what would you have had them do? Other than give him the money he wanted, what do you think could have preempted this?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:53 pm This raises another question, since you're not the only one to accuse Congressional Republicans of enabling this: what would you have had them do? Other than give him the money he wanted, what do you think could have preempted this?
It could start with McConnell not being a lap dog.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

What does that even mean?

Seriously. Be specific. What could Cocaine Mitch possibly have done?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Join in the coming resolution to overturn the state of emergency.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Wasn't a Mexican who did the shooting and it wasn't white kids who were shot - so who the fuck cares?

https://abc7chicago.com/live--aurora-sh ... -/5140701/
Deleted User 62

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:23 pm What does that even mean?

He could have grown some balls and told Trump to sign the spending bill, and that there simply were not going to be enough votes to follow with an Emergency declaration.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Trump to the Demonrats: I declared an emergency, now what are you gonna do about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flt9K8vlJGE
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

I think it'd be kinda funny if he is just getting them all riled up and on Tuesday he says... "you know what, I changed my mind"
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I don't think Sean Hannity is going to recommend that.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:27 pm

He could have grown some balls and told Trump to sign the spending bill, and that there simply were not going to be enough votes to follow with an Emergency declaration.
Really? That's a senator's job? One even has that capacity?

You graduate high school? i mean...they still teach civics, right?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

You ever take civics?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:09 pm You ever take civics?
Uhh...yes?
Deleted User 62

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Do the put downs strengthen your point?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:41 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:06 pm

Do the put downs strengthen your point?
That you're babbling nonsensically?

Not really. You hold your own on that.

What is the Senate Majority leader capable of doing to the President? What Senate majority leader do you know who ever did anything to a president? "McConnell should do something" is more a verbal tick than an actual answer to anything.
Deleted User 62

I would hope that the Senate Majority leader would hold more sway than Sean Hannity, but this is the first time I can remember that a caricature has risen to the highest position
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Why only focus on McConnell? Other big-R cowards like Ryan could have brought the unanimously passed Senate budget resolution before Christmas and it would likely have passed by the same veto proof majority. That’s just one thing.

But encouraging bad behavior didn’t start now. It started in Nov 2016 and got cemented on 21 Jan 2017.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:25 pm I would hope that the Senate Majority leader would hold more sway than Sean Hannity, but this is the first time I can remember that a caricature has risen to the highest position
Really? What did Harry Reid ever influence Obama on? Heck, what did he ever break from Obama on? And Obama had served with him in the Senate.

You're grasping at straws, trying to blame everyone for Trump's bullheadedness.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:26 pm Why only focus on McConnell? Other big-R cowards like Ryan could have brought the unanimously passed Senate budget resolution before Christmas and it would likely have passed by the same veto proof majority. That’s just one thing.

But encouraging bad behavior didn’t start now. It started in Nov 2016 and got cemented on 21 Jan 2017.
lulz...

Remember how Hairy Reid warned President Obama against unilateral, non-legislative action on Dreamers -- a subject Obama himself insisted required legislation?

Me too!

You're pissing all over yourself, trying to blame Republicans just because you don't like Trump's plans. There is no principle you're fighting for -- and it's patently obvious, given the ridiculousness of the argument you're trying to fluff.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »