So...Alex Acosta...

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

So...Alex Acosta...

Post by DCHawk1 »

...has to go?

Board Floridians, I assume I'll get no argument from you?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 89

Re: So...Alex Acosta...

Post by Deleted User 89 »

did acosta benefit from the deal?

or is he just a pos?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Seems like he fits right in that cabinet.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:51 pm Seems like he fits right in that cabinet.
Unless you have evidence otherwise, I'm going to assume that no other cabinet members, past or present, abused their previous office to aid and abet a serial pedophile.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Think big picture.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

This must be a really bad story, as it seems that DC is trying to get way ahead in his usual defense of everything Trump with some early whataboutism.
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:26 pm This must be a really bad story, as it seems that DC is trying to get way ahead in his usual defense of everything Trump with some early whataboutism.
Nah.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:32 pm
seahawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:26 pm This must be a really bad story, as it seems that DC is trying to get way ahead in his usual defense of everything Trump with some early whataboutism.
Nah.
Hold on, I got this:

"He said he didn't do it. He was sincere. He seemed sincere. He was pretty firm in his denial. I believe him."
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:51 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:32 pm
Nah.
Hold on, I got this:

"He said he didn't do it. He was sincere. He seemed sincere. He was pretty firm in his denial. I believe him."
Nah.

That's the thing. They KNEW, without question, that he did it. And they still fucked the girls over and cut him the sweetheartiest of sweetheart deals.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

So, what, DC? You want Pam Bondi for AG and not Alex Acosta, because you figure that she's less tainted?

Labor Secretary Alex Acosta has surfaced on the shortlist to replace former Attorney General Jeff Sessions. Any new AG will be faced with managing Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election and possible collusion by Trump’s campaign. Politico reports that Acosta told associates he is unlikely to accept the job if it is offered before Mueller issues his report, but would accept an offer with no conditions. That no conditions part may be a deal-breaker for Trump. However, Acosta would be more easily confirmed since he has already gone through a Senate confirmation process for his current cabinet post. The son of Cuban refugees, who went on to graduate from Harvard law school and clerked for the Supreme Court, has some Republicans in Senate leadership rooting for him to take the position. And sources tell Bloomberg that Trump also has developed a strong relationship with Acosta -- but that could change should Acosta get confirmed as AG and, like Sessions, let the collusion investigation proceed without interference. Other strong contenders have also emerged including former NJ Governor Chris Christie, Florida AG Pam Bondi, and former U.S. Attorney General William Barr.

https://www.thebeatdc.com/blog/2018/11/ ... ey-general
Don't inject Lysol.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

For those not familiar with the Miami Herald bombshell that seems to be about to drop on one more of president's cabinet members:

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 97825.html

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 10674.html

https://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/edi ... 48455.html

Here's a short version from New York Magazine:

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/ ... inton.html
Last edited by seahawk on Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

What a weird response.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

If you're only about getting this guy out of the Cabinet, then fine.

He's a bad guy and one has to wonder about the attorneys who associated with him, like Starr and Dershowitz.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

starr has always seemed like a pos, imo
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:27 am What a weird response.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

So, the stories about girls getting raped don't matter to you, Illinois....how typical.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

seahawk wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:36 am So, the stories about girls getting raped don't matter to you, Illinois....how typical.
I'm definitely pro rape. As long as it's happening to women and not men in prison. DUHHH!
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:55 am If you're only about getting this guy out of the Cabinet, then fine.

He's a bad guy and one has to wonder about the attorneys who associated with him, like Starr and Dershowitz.
Yeah. I'd like to see him gone. More importantly, I'd like to see him out of consideration for AG.

This is insane.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Man, I am starting to miss Jeff Sessions....
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:04 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:27 am What a weird response.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas